Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Daunted, as a male i have never been able to understand the male of the species. OH says i'm not a real man (whatever than means!!! ) but i am constantly flabbergasted!

Just keep in mind during the long wait (soz, it will be long!) that there is a barbie steak with your name on it somewhere! lol.

Things in general look like they are looking up on this thread. Keeping fingers solidly crossed for all. s**ting myself about friday, hoping like mad it happens!

Ok, off for a hotel breakfast (head hurty..)..
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Ok, off for a hotel breakfast (head hurty..)..[/QUOTE]

Celebrating too much last night causing the head or sheer fright.

Hope it goes well on Friday when are you off to Oz?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:26 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Promised my self i'd never ever sell a house in the uk ever again .....the system is w**k.....!

If you make an offer for a property it should be binding....!

One thing i can't believe people are still stupid enough to do and that is take the house off the market when an offer is made........!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by somme
Ok, off for a hotel breakfast (head hurty..)..

Celebrating too much last night causing the head or sheer fright.

Hope it goes well on Friday when are you off to Oz?
Thought you had quotes sussed Currently doing the goodbyes in Scotland (Blairgowrie) and got tucked into the beer/whiskey too much last night. Checking out today and moving to the next hotel.... Almost as tiring as selling a house! Thanks for the good vibe for friday

We fly on 2nd Oct, two nights in Singapore and arrive Canbo late on friday 5th. See yoos got your visa's, when u off?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the plumber
One thing i can't believe people are still stupid enough to do and that is take the house off the market when an offer is made........!
Very true!! Our EA did and i wish he hadn't (or that we said not to!). It would have kept the pressure on the buyer to make things happen. Still, looks like the thumbscrew worked

Until completion, do not change your sign from For Sale to Sold (stc)!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:37 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walkermat
Very true!! Our EA did and i wish he hadn't (or that we said not to!). It would have kept the pressure on the buyer to make things happen. Still, looks like the thumbscrew worked

Until completion, do not change your sign from For Sale to Sold (stc)!
OH and I were talking about you lot last night and decided to do those things as well. Keep it on the market and no sold sign until compleated. House not even ready to go on market yet but it has been really usefull reading this. Thank-you everyone
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:47 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Don't forget two things sell houses......apart from realistic pricing......and thats kichens and bathrooms......don't waste money on extensions , double glazing , etc.

Remember it's you ladies that decide to buy or not.....
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by walkermat
Thought you had quotes sussed Currently doing the goodbyes in Scotland (Blairgowrie) and got tucked into the beer/whiskey too much last night. Checking out today and moving to the next hotel.... Almost as tiring as selling a house! Thanks for the good vibe for friday

We fly on 2nd Oct, two nights in Singapore and arrive Canbo late on friday 5th. See yoos got your visa's, when u off?
We have to validate by 14 Feb, if todays viewer doen't put an offer in we are going to book our reccie trip for December, have to wait for the house to sell before we can make the move

Don't forget two things sell houses......apart from realistic pricing......and thats kichens and bathrooms......don't waste money on extensions , double glazing , etc.

Glad to see some posative remarks
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well he has been and gone said the house is lovely, he has 2 more to view today and will make his decision tomorrow.

Everyone please send Karma for this bloke to buy so we can move on (do I sound desperate enough)

I do hope he does though
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:27 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah two two room that need most work!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:43 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Well he has been and gone said the house is lovely, he has 2 more to view today and will make his decision tomorrow.

Everyone please send Karma for this bloke to buy so we can move on (do I sound desperate enough)

I do hope he does though

fingers xxxxxxx.
the buyer who we had on monday has found another property, apparently cheaper and getting more for their money location location loaction! they have obviously brought in a not so nice area to live, if thats what they want, fine but would have prefered not to be kept hanging on for 3 days though
back to trying to get more viewings i suppose.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by want2bthere
fingers xxxxxxx.
the buyer who we had on monday has found another property, apparently cheaper and getting more for their money location location loaction! they have obviously brought in a not so nice area to live, if thats what they want, fine but would have prefered not to be kept hanging on for 3 days though
Oh sorry to hear your rotten news , viewer says he will let the EA know tomorrow as doesn't want to keep us hanging on, hope he keeps to his word.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:51 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Oh sorry to hear your rotten news , viewer says he will let the EA know tomorrow as doesn't want to keep us hanging on, hope he keeps to his word.
good luck
i must concentrate on planning my little boys 4th birthday party for next saturday.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

good luck
i must concentrate on planning my little boys 4th birthday party for next saturday.
How exciting, love birthday cake. 4 is such a lovely innocent age enjoy.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

fingers xxxxxxx.

Oh b~m!

That's bad news! You have the option to go back to them quickly and offer a deal. Reduce the price in return for a quick exchange. Throw in some extras like white goods for the price you want - all the furniture - anything you can think of!

Obviously if what they are offering is just too low then force yourself to smile and clean the house yet again.

Fingers crossed for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.