Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

hey its ok - you just need to make a point of saying you dont really wish any harm

Good luck everyone
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:57 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daunted
WAY hey !! Good luck. I have ONE at 10.30 so its up and out tomorrow - maybe THIS one is the one .............
Fingers crossed it is!!

Originally Posted by daunted
hey its ok - you just need to make a point of saying you dont really wish any harm

I didn't say what the hex was, it could have been for a long and happy life! Is that OK?? LOL
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
Fingers crossed it is!!

I didn't say what the hex was, it could have been for a long and happy life! Is that OK?? LOL
YUP you got it
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Please bear with me as had no broadband for 2 days, it was awful so just catching up.

Good luck!!

Our first viewer in 4 weeks is due in 10 mins. AGHHHHHHHH

Please let this one be the one.

Sending you some house selling karma
Glad it went well hope you get an offer

Originally Posted by Issie
Thats what we were waiting for......when we phoned EA as it had gone quiet they phoned them and it hadn't been done and it isn't either now as the buyers pulled out today

Give the EA a call to make sure everything is ok
Issie I am so sorry, can't beleive it don't let the buggers grind you down, easier said than done I know

Originally Posted by quercus
Just want to say hi to all you guys on the house sale treadmill. I was there last year and it's no fun.

I sold in the end, after two 'buyers' dropping out. I traded down to release some equity and planning to rent out this one. Wish now I'd just invested the cash but hey ho....i'm committed now. We've left huge amounts of stuff in the loft, so I can't even sell it without coming back and clearing it out.

Hope all the serious buyers turn up in droves for you all, and make good offers, and follow through with it! Bestof luck! Q
Hi, all the encouragment we can get as on the news this morning talking about a crash like in the 90's :curse: just get me out of here

Originally Posted by petensue
Just had a phonecall from solicitors that we have exchanged contracts!Thank goodness for that as we have the shippers coming on tuesday,the flights booked for 3 Oct and house rented in Oz for a month!

It is so true that the visa was easy compared to house selling.We always said that we would not give up our jobs,book a flight etc until we exchanged contracts but that would have been impossible.

Goodluck to everyone with selling their house. Hope things happen soon.
So pleased someone has some good news, well done you hope to see the update, enjoy

Well our viewer who came back for a second viewing said he would let us know in 24 hours as he had narrowed his choice down to 3 houses, guess what not a peep, back to the drawing board
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:09 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

So pleased someone has some good news, well done you hope to see the update, enjoy

Well our viewer who came back for a second viewing said he would let us know in 24 hours as he had narrowed his choice down to 3 houses, guess what not a peep, back to the drawing board

Oh Somme....dont give up yet..they can still come back to you...you know it all is a waiting game..people take ages to make decisions sometimes...
chin up, it WILL happen.... karma sent xxx
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by walkermat
We've only gone and done it too!!! Completed!!! Yeahhhh:

Congratulations keep the good news coming

The trick was to use thumbscrews! After being faffed about for weeks and weeks we said (and backed it up by having new contract written and ready) that if completion did not happen on 21st Sept with the ££££ going into our bank account then the price of the house would go up by £10k non-negotiable. If buyer didnt like that then we would take house off the market and rent it out. That would have screwed everyone (including us, but i didnt tell them that!!!). Result, we have the dosh and the house is no longer owned by us.

Oooo oooo oooo the funky gibon. Ok, gonna start wingeing about the exchange rate now

Fingers still crossed for all you guys and i'll pop back to this thread every now and then

Congratulations we will understand if you leace us

Petandsue - congratulation to you guys as well!

Mat
Originally Posted by walkermat
Sending out measures of House selling luck when needed. I've used a bit but theres a load more if anyone wants it
I think we could all do with some of that

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well tidied house up like mad today and looked good I must say EA took some photos and said would send the house details when done to see what we think Only signing with them for 4 weeks so hopefully we will get some viewings in
How did you manage the 4 week thing we could only get it for 2 months, as I live near Cambridge we must have simular EA, hope we are not sharing punters

Originally Posted by tony s
please please please could you send us se karma ,we have a viewing 2 morrow.They are in rented nothing to sell.We are leaving our house to sell and leaving in a fortnight.We should of gone i july but the house fell thru twice aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh.If they wanted this it wuld be fantastic to sell before we go
thanks paulaxx
Good luck I hope I am not too late

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Good luck, tony!

Can I join this thread and have a whinge as well?

Our house sale has just fallen through 2nd time

Buyer no 1 was a couple who split up four days before we were due to exchange.
Buyer no 2 is a builder. Neither he nor his lawer have been contactable for the last week. Today was contract exchange day - but nothing happened. We reckon he had an offer on another property and was just stringing us along (2nd choice).
Gina
Welcome, sorry to hear you have had a fall through twice.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Well my two viewings on Tuesday went really well - so I thought - the guy was bowled over with the house and had discussed where to put his sofa etc, went ot look at our new bathroom 3 times and said he would contact EA straight away.........2 days later the agent is still chasing him for feedback .....apparently loved the house BUT went for a drive after and didnt like the area no suprise there it is a complete shi7hole but why did he have to turn rigt at bottom of road not left

ANYHOW we have not 1, not 2 BUT 3 viewings tomorrow. : wish us luck.
We have none, think we will change EA

Originally Posted by sarab40

Oh Somme....dont give up yet..they can still come back to you...you know it all is a waiting game..people take ages to make decisions sometimes...
Thanks, well what is meant to be will be.

Good luck to everyone over the weekend
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

well viewing happened know news yet arrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.I will let you know asapxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sarab40

Fingers crossed they get back to you today Somme!!!

Sarah's right, sometimes these things take longer than people expect. When we bought our house it was second choice, we put in an offer with our first choice and then went as high as we could and they turned us down, so we then offered on our second choice and they accepted. Sounds bad being second choice, but that was out of the very many houses we'd seen!

well viewing happened know news yet arrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.I will let you know asapxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fingers crossed that you hear soon too Tony S. It's agonising isn't it?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by somme
Please bear with me as had no broadband for 2 days, it was awful so just catching up.

Hi, all the encouragment we can get as on the news this morning talking about a crash like in the 90's :curse: just get me out of here

(
NOOOOOOOOO. Please don't spread that around - the more people who are convinced there will be a property crash, the more likely it is to happen. Tell everyone you know that the market is picking up. They will tell other people and hopefully people won't panic!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

We are trying to sell without an estate agent because we would have to pay considerably more than £4K and we don't think it is worth it! We are using Houseladder.co.uk

Go on make EA's extinct!!
I sold mine through houseladder. Long story though. The original people from Houseladder dropped out as they lost their buyer. I put it with an agent (registering my first buyers interest) who advertised it. I had an offer from a drive by from the advert the first day it went in. They dropped out however, but my original buyer came back and bought it.

What I learned from this, is that the agent nearly made their commission from one advert! Next time I will also advertise in the local paper as well as online.

Good luck, and congrats for those who have just sold! Q
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

well just heard from e a ,they liked our house left to look at 2 others in 2 other villages.So were keeping everything crossedxx
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

well just heard from e a ,they liked our house left to look at 2 others in 2 other villages.So were keeping everything crossedxx
Fingers crossed, good news Karma being sent to everyone
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

tkanks xx
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by quercus
I sold mine through houseladder. Long story though. The original people from Houseladder dropped out as they lost their buyer. I put it with an agent (registering my first buyers interest) who advertised it. I had an offer from a drive by from the advert the first day it went in. They dropped out however, but my original buyer came back and bought it.

What I learned from this, is that the agent nearly made their commission from one advert! Next time I will also advertise in the local paper as well as online.

Good luck, and congrats for those who have just sold! Q

Thanks for the advice! We'll put an ad in the local paper asap! We have already accepted one offer which fell through, so know that Houseladder can work.

We have also adopted an idea from this thread and said we'd consider part exchange for a cheaper house too. If we don't get an offer in the next couple of days from the people who viewed on Thursday, we're going to launch a campaign! We're going to print off a list of all the properties for sale we would consider part exchanging on, ie rentable ones. Then put a letter and our house details through their door saying if they are looking to move up the property ladder and want to avoid agent's fees, then we are willing to buy their house, if they buy ours. Obviously, lots of people won't want our house for various reasons, but some might!

Hope other people can use this idea too.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:30 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Well spent all morning cleaning the house (again!) - if i keep cleaning at this rate i am going to start wearing the surfaces away!

My weekends only viewers turned up just before 2 and were gone again before 10 past.
They sort of raced around the house ahead of me and all i could do was trail after them
i usually try and direct things so that the viewers have time to take in each room but today i would be surprised if they could remember how many rooms they had been in - never mind what they looked like. They spent the most time in the smallest bedroom.

Somehow i dont think that i will be hearing back from them

A x
(plus i seem to have lost Graz i sent him out of the house before the viewers arrived and i havent seem him since . This is what i get letting a man wonder around on his own )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.