Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Stuggling to deal though! People offering silly money!

Last edited by Bushman; Oct 8th 2007 at 3:44 am.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
Hi all,

Just been having a read through. Thats a bit crap for you Somme but sure something will turn up.

Well this is our plan. We are going in March whether house sells or not. Worse case scenario, leave a years mortgage in bank say £6500 and then can leave the house on market and empty.

I would rather do that than have to drop 10k
Just thought, if you pay out 6.5K on mortgage to gain £10k on price, that leaves only 3.5K - surely you'd get that back if you sold for 10k less now and put the equity in the bank at 6%pa???
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushman
Stuggling to deal though! People want offering silly money!
Tell everyone to offer proper amounts please!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Its just worse case scenario thou if house not sold. We could get tenants in and leave on market i suppose.

Just dont want to go to validate and then come back, that would cost us more again.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:29 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Just thought, if you pay out 6.5K on mortgage to gain £10k on price, that leaves only 3.5K - surely you'd get that back if you sold for 10k less now and put the equity in the bank at 6%pa???
and you woundnt have to try and sell it later either - seeing as the 'experts' are predicting the market to stay slow and maybe even drop a bit
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:30 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
Its just worse case scenario thou if house not sold. We could get tenants in and leave on market i suppose.

Just dont want to go to validate and then come back, that would cost us more again.
i know the feeling
we have worked out our finances so many times and the 'validating' option just doesnt work for us financially
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i know the feeling
we have worked out our finances so many times and the 'validating' option just doesnt work for us financially
We all need a buyer that will make a sensible offer, complete quickly and then we can take the cash to Oz - hopefully after the exchange rate has risen again.

That's my plan!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:44 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away
We all need a buyer that will make a sensible offer, complete quickly and then we can take the cash to Oz - hopefully after the exchange rate has risen again.

That's my plan!
i like that plan - can i use it too
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

With pleasure!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

i know the feeling
I know exactly what you mean there.
We have had so many flippin scenarios...we were going to validate at christmas...but, mega expensive flights...we were going to rent our house out...but, we'll have no money

We are just hoping that we make it before april which is our end of validation!!

Where are you off?

Sam xx
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sammyg
We have had so many flippin scenarios...we were going to validate at christmas...but, mega expensive flights...we were going to rent our house out...but, we'll have no money

We are just hoping that we make it before april which is our end of validation!!

Where are you off?

Sam xx
It's still more than 6 months to April - you have time to sell. Fingers crossed for you.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:27 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by sammyg

Where are you off?

Sam xx
lol at the scenarios! i know that feeling!
we have worked our way through every possible combination of events and come up with the fact that we just dont have enough money
for us it is sell or go with a guaranteed job - nothing else works.

we dont need to validate until start of may so not panicking on that (yet) but really really need to be there for the start of the school year (end of jan) as we need to get eldest into school - he will be dropping back a year as it is so we cant miss this deadline

we were planning on heading to canberra - but are waiting to hear back from a job in adelaide - so still could be heading anywhere

what about you?
Adele
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Need to be there by end of March. I have got a job to go to that starts April. Was thinking of renting for a year first. Heading to Gold Coast.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Please miss will that plan stretch to another ??
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by daunted
Please miss will that plan stretch to another ??
Of course it will - please feel free to use it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.