Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:58 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by sarahlou
thats a thought, i have considered renting, do you have to pay tax on that though ?
sarah
yes you have to pay tax on the profit ...
but you dont really have to rent it - just tell the EA you are to make them work harder to sell (apologies to bushy )

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Nearly ran down the nice woman who liked our house in Asda car park this morning - so maybe they won't put in an offer now. Woops....
oops

Originally Posted by daunted
EA just rung!! The survey is being done tomorrow
yay - pity ours isnt

Originally Posted by somme
Well done Bushy, we have a bit of a dilema, do we take the house off the market and put it back on in the spring or leave it on
personally i would be tempted to leave it on the market - but i can understand why you would be thinking of taking it off for a while - especially over christmas
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Leave it on, springs looking bleak at the mo anyway.

Whinging Pom House seller-dsc00485.jpg

Thats good news, stay in bed

Well done Bushy, we have a bit of a dilema, do we take the house off the market and put it back on in the spring or leave it on
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Can't get hold of any of my vendors to tell them about the offers.:curse: Whats wrong with these people!:curse:
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:02 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them to accept that too!

Then send some viewers to us!
yup tell them both to accept!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:03 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Bushman
Can't get hold of any of my vendors to tell them about the offers.:curse: Whats wrong with these people!:curse:
lol - sorry bushy but it is nice to know that you feel the same as the rest of us sellers
gives me a whole new appreciation of my EA
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

So frustrating, one of my vendors is going to Crete and really wants to sell and get going (you know the storey) and I can't get her on her home number, mobile or her husbands mobile!!!!!!!:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

So frustrating, one of my vendors is going to Crete and really wants to sell and get going (you know the storey) and I can't get her on her home number, mobile or her husbands mobile!!!!!!!:curse::curse::curse::curse:
As all of us are too scared to leave home in case we get a call

I didn't want people coming round when we are out in Oz in December
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,

Back from doing a bit of housework.

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
yes you have to pay tax on the profit ...
but you dont really have to rent it - just tell the EA you are to make them work harder to sell (apologies to bushy )

Good idea!

oops

I know - could only happen to me - hope she didn't recognise me!

yay - pity ours isnt

Hope you hear something soon!

personally i would be tempted to leave it on the market - but i can understand why you would be thinking of taking it off for a while - especially over christmas
I'd leave it on too - tell the EA you have people staying over Christmas and don't want viewings. that way, word won't get round that you're away.

Can't get hold of any of my vendors to tell them about the offers. Whats wrong with these people!
Have you got hold of them yet?

So frustrating, one of my vendors is going to Crete and really wants to sell and get going (you know the storey) and I can't get her on her home number, mobile or her husbands mobile!!!!!!!:curse:
Is she on the Crete expats site???

As all of us are too scared to leave home in case we get a call

I didn't want people coming round when we are out in Oz in December
See above - leave it on but tell everyone you don't want viewers while you have 'visitors'.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi Folks,

Back from doing a bit of housework.

I'd leave it on too - tell the EA you have people staying over Christmas and don't want viewings. that way, word won't get round that you're away.

Have you got hold of them yet?

Is she on the Crete expats site???

See above - leave it on but tell everyone you don't want viewers while you have 'visitors'.
Good idea, I am just going to do a bit of housework,can't get my bum into gear today
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea, I am just going to do a bit of housework,can't get my bum into gear today
I'm just sitting here now...............

Have to make a harvest festival box for school tomorrow and get swimming stuff ready for tonight - that's after we go to parent's evening - Aghhhh.

Am I the only parent who resents school? I spend all my time and money sorting stuff out for school; projects, uniforms, music lessons, presents for kids, presents for teachers, parties, outings, donations to the school, costumes for plays, attending plays, attending concerts, the list is endless..................... It feels like the school has a tap fixed to my bank account! :curse:
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:35 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just sitting here now...............

Have to make a harvest festival box for school tomorrow and get swimming stuff ready for tonight - that's after we go to parent's evening - Aghhhh.

Am I the only parent who resents school? I spend all my time and money sorting stuff out for school; projects, uniforms, music lessons, presents for kids, presents for teachers, parties, outings, donations to the school, costumes for plays, attending plays, attending concerts, the list is endless..................... It feels like the school has a tap fixed to my bank account! :curse:
not to mention all the charity things they get involved in!

my school as tapped into the bank account as well!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Hey, you won't need an admin person when you are up and running will you!!!!!!!!We are going to live in Robina - hopefully end of January
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Going out in June, will have to get a licence and then blagg my way in first. Robina looks lovely. We'll have to meet and have a beer, or 10!

Originally Posted by johull
Hey, you won't need an admin person when you are up and running will you!!!!!!!!We are going to live in Robina - hopefully end of January
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
not to mention all the charity things they get involved in!

my school as tapped into the bank account as well!
I'd forgotten about the charity stuff, the book fairs, the bring and buy, Easter bonnets, school photos, Christmas fairs, firework displays, not forgetting SCHOOL SHOES - a new pair every 6 weeks!

I'm not sure if the time it all takes is worse. When we went on our reccie, we had ONE week off school and the rest was taken in the Easter holiday. My poor 7 year old had to do a 30 page project on Australia as 'penance' for taking time off school! The other kids had no homework over Easter. :curse: I also spend at least 4 hours a week doing her homework with her - practising tables and spellings, English homework, reading, maths homework, plus, recorder practice, piano practice, violin practice. At 7, she needs adult supervision and help with homework and the teachers know this, but tell her off if she hasn't had time to do it. :curse:

Sorry, rant over!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:17 am
sneaking a peek ...

I'd forgotten about the charity stuff, the book fairs, the bring and buy, Easter bonnets, school photos, Christmas fairs, firework displays, not forgetting SCHOOL SHOES - a new pair every 6 weeks!

I'm not sure if the time it all takes is worse. When we went on our reccie, we had ONE week off school and the rest was taken in the Easter holiday. My poor 7 year old had to do a 30 page project on Australia as 'penance' for taking time off school! The other kids had no homework over Easter. :curse: I also spend at least 4 hours a week doing her homework with her - practising tables and spellings, English homework, reading, maths homework, plus, recorder practice, piano practice, violin practice. At 7, she needs adult supervision and help with homework and the teachers know this, but tell her off if she hasn't had time to do it. :curse:

Sorry, rant over!
i still cant see any reason why a 7 year old should have homework
a reading book yes - homework no

my 4 year old gets a worksheet to do at the weekends why?! That old arguement that giving them homework when they are young gets them used to studying outside of school later is absolute c*** imo.
trouble is someone 'decided' that this (along with lots of other 'educational' ideas) was a good idea - so everyone has to follow along.

i do keep reading people say that 'such and such is a bad school because they only give my child half the homework they got in their last school'. Personally i dont see the connection

... oh and if the school had given one of my kids homework as a 'penance' for being off school (for ANY reason) i would have told the school where to stuff their project :curse:

phew you have got me ranting now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.