Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i think you have the makings of a price war here
fingers crossed for you
cheers babe - first one with the cash wins in my book!! I already decided i aint taking it off market until its all cut and dried - this worm had turned

As for you - have you accepted yet????????? go get it done
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:57 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!
Do you remember the couple i had view on saturday (the ones who ran around the house and left again within 10 min?!) they have just put in an offer on our house ...

... trouble is it is about 5% less than the asking price and the EA (whos mortgage advisor is arranging their mortgage) thinks that they are unlikely to be able to go any higher.

no idea what to do now - and i cant help thinking of that full asking price offer we have from the couple (who apparently still really want our house) who are in an incomplete chain so cant proceed at the moment all confused
YAY!!

I hate to say this, but I told you so!!!

Sadly, 5% below asking price is the average offer price at the moment.

If you can manage on this amount and IF they are able to proceed VERY quickly, then accept. You could even say if they don't complete by x date you will put the price up like Walkermat did!!

Good luck. It's a hard decision.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:58 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

apparently they are chain free
my natural haggling gene is trying to kick in and telling me to try and get them to put in a higher offer - my common sense is telling me that the housing market is in a state and i should take it and run!

i think the deciding factor in this is going to be completion date - if we can tie them down to 8 weeks then this could just be it

Adele
(just spoken to Graz and he is already talking about trying to sell the car! )
Great news.........I agree with most ACCEPT !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:00 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
cheers babe - first one with the cash wins in my book!! I already decided i aint taking it off market until its all cut and dried - this worm had turned

As for you - have you accepted yet????????? go get it done
cant do anything until tomorrow - EA closed at half 5
when they phoned at quarter past 5 they said to get back to them tomorrow!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:01 am
Account Closed

cant do anything until tomorrow - EA closed at half 5
when they phoned at quarter past 5 they said to get back to them tomorrow!

How disapointing, I was getting all excited that you could have it done and dusted today!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:07 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
How disapointing, I was getting all excited that you could have it done and dusted today!!!!

i feel like i have a large stone in the bottom of my stomach - dont know if it is because i am excited or just terrified
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:08 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

i feel like i have a large stone in the bottom of my stomach - dont know if it is because i am excited or just terrified
Good luck for tomorrow and let us all know outcome ASAP
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:11 am
Account Closed

It's the biggest and strongest 'tie' to the UK. OK you have family and friends, but they're portable! This has been your home which you cherished and it can't come and visit you in Oz. BUT you can buy another home to cherish, this time in a place you love! OMG, hope I haven't put you off selling your house completely....
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news but I know how you are feeling, that's just how I felt last week. Good news though, it only lasted a day then the excitement came back.

Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

we,ive just phoned the ea and the people who came on saturday are looking at another one.Apparantly there talking builder round to see how much for it to be extended,if not they will look again at ours.aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhx
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:48 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
It's the biggest and strongest 'tie' to the UK. OK you have family and friends, but they're portable! This has been your home which you cherished and it can't come and visit you in Oz. BUT you can buy another home to cherish, this time in a place you love! OMG, hope I haven't put you off selling your house completely....

have you seen our house

we (she) has done some fantastic things on it but one thing we will not miss is the house.

must get back to prepping for this phone call wednesday, that could decide everything
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by graz79
have you seen our house

we (she) has done some fantastic things on it but one thing we will not miss is the house.

must get back to prepping for this phone call wednesday, that could decide everything

That's good!

Good luck on Wed and with the offer!!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure it is perfectly natural to feel that way HERE have some lurve
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

OMG!
Do you remember the couple i had view on saturday (the ones who ran around the house and left again within 10 min?!) they have just put in an offer on our house ...

... trouble is it is about 5% less than the asking price and the EA (whos mortgage advisor is arranging their mortgage) thinks that they are unlikely to be able to go any higher.

no idea what to do now - and i cant help thinking of that full asking price offer we have from the couple (who apparently still really want our house) who are in an incomplete chain so cant proceed at the moment all confused
Take the offer with both hands and run, you lucky bu**er, I am so excited for you

Originally Posted by daunted
WELL.......... (i refuse to get excited!) The chap who came on Saturday is coming back on Wednesday evening and the woman who came on Friday for the 2nd time is waiting to get a time when her husband can come see before she makes an offer
Im taking it all with a pinch of salt now to be honest :
At least they are all having a second look, that is good news, have you got your visa yet? Love the new avatar

Originally Posted by tony s
we,ive just phoned the ea and the people who came on saturday are looking at another one.Apparantly there talking builder round to see how much for it to be extended,if not they will look again at ours.aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhx
It is so frustrating I agree aaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Just off the thread a bit, booked our reccie trip for 8-29 Dec to have Christmas with my youngest who is in Oz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.