Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Well I have no idea what is happening with our buyer. He had the survey, told us it came back fine, then the next week his mortgage advisor phoned to say the mortgage company wants more tests done. So today, a week after call from mortgage advisor hubie tried to phone mortgage advisor, on the number he saved when he phoned, but it was another number for our buyer (answer machine). Hubbies phone is crap and he has managed to save wrong numbers before, so I'm hoping it is just that.
So I phone buyer today who says he is going to get it all sorted this week (he said that last week too). He did also say he was going to phone me back (not sure why, there wasn't anything else to say) but didn't.
The whole thing is making me very uneasy.
Other half is thinking we should put it back on the market just incase.

Ok, blossom! I can dive in here with my 2 penneth. Have a look through earlier posts of this thread (although quicker said than done, the number of posts a day hahahah!!!). I was able to complete on Friday 21st Sept after much tooing and a froing. We have a solicitor friend who has worked in residential conveyancing and she told me the basic fact that people lie. It is a fact; she has done it herself. Live with it and play the game better.

Thing about the mortgage tests is a standard 'fob off' to help delay. Others include 'searches', solicitors on holiday, lost documents etc etc.... Reasons for wanting delays are numerous and varied; bottom line is that it will cost you money

The way we played it (worked for us, but lots of ways to do things ) was to go to our solicitor/EA (on Friday, 14th Sept) and say that the purchase WOULD complete on Friday 21st Sept - one week on - otherwise the property price would increase by £10k Non-negotiable (we had a new contract drawn up to enforce this). If the buyer did not like this or pulled out then we take the property off the market and rent it out - hence everyone would be a loser. The bluff (it would have been a disaster for us!!) worked and we completed on the 21st after 6 weeks of faffing.

Is it a cash buyer?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

T&G, GotoOz1, Somme, Daunted, Sarab, etc (sorry if i missed anyone )... C'mon!!!! Get those houses sold ready to get to the red land of barbies and ants (). Rooting for yoo's with fingers crossed and daily - now back at parents and free time - checks to see how yer doing.

Go guys go!!! Do it for me
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by walkermat
T&G, GotoOz1, Somme, Daunted, Sarab, etc (sorry if i missed anyone )... C'mon!!!! Get those houses sold ready to get to the red land of barbies and ants (). Rooting for yoo's with fingers crossed and daily - now back at parents and free time - checks to see how yer doing.

We are trying getting another EA in tomorrow,in the meantime booked a reccie trip in December 8-29th, if house sold we will move the ticket for a trip home next year. It is all part of a big plan except no one has given us a copy of the drawings.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi all!,
New to this thread so I thought I'd include us in the house sale business!!
As from Thursday this week our house will be officially for sale too!! Have read the entire thread and now are completely dumbfounded by whats ahead keep looking around the house and spotting things that need sorting, ie, bit of sanding, paint etc!!!
Built an extension last year but still not quite finished (part of the roof etc - you know small stuff!!!) EA said put it on the market anyway whilst I have to go mad to get it done so Building Control can come and sign / condemn the building We too have had the 'its coming to the busiest time of year' spiel from them but got some good tips from here especially about going multi agency!! Will def threaten them with that. Btw paying 1.25% which seems ok but a damn awful lot if sold at market value PLUS VAT!!!!!!!
And I thought plumbers were rich!!!!
Dan
Ps Good luck to you all!
Welcome Dan!!

Hope you don't stay long - if you know what I mean!

Good luck with your sale. We aren't using an EA at the moment - they wanted more than the agent, diac, meds and flights combined!!!! If it doesn't work, we'll have to find an EA, but we don't have our visa yet, so we're not under as much pressure as some on the thread.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by somme
It is all part of a big plan except no one has given us a copy of the drawings.
Dontcha hate that! Folk keep asking what our plans are but, except from getting out of the UK, even we are not sure There must be a drawing around somewhere!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walkermat

We're trying!!! Our very keen viewers haven't been in touch since they said they were going to check the finances and get back in touch.....

I am going to phone an auctioneer today to get an auction valuation. Our neighbour has just got planning permission to demolish his (beautiful) house and replace it with flats. It's bad news for us in some ways, but it does mean it's now open season for builders on our road. As we have a large plot, the same could be done with our house. So putting the house up for auction could attract builders and developers. It would break my heart, but if it was the difference between Oz or not, it would have to be done.

We are trying getting another EA in tomorrow,in the meantime booked a reccie trip in December 8-29th, if house sold we will move the ticket for a trip home next year. It is all part of a big plan except no one has given us a copy of the drawings.

Good luck with the new EA. (there isn't a sign for spitting is there??? LOL)

Glad you could get a flexible ticket - what a good idea. Concentrate on your reckie and a buyer will appear! (Probably whilst your in mid air and out of contact. LOL.)
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Well the second viewing we had at the weekend resulted in them buying another house. It is the same as ours just doesn't have a conservatory. Ours is on at £369,950 the other one was £360,000. They made a full asking price offer though would have gone a bit over. They didn't even try a cheeky offer on ours. So we dropped our price by £5000 yesterday and guess who called our agent and offered the asking price. May have cut of my nose to spite my face but told them to go jump. Don't think it is fair on the other people who they offered on as I get the feeling they were trying to get us to drop. Told my agent in writing today that they have 4 weeks notice that we are changing agent so they better pull their finger out. We are lucky in that we don't have to sell now so can wait, but just hope the market doesn't crash. Just going to sit back and enjoy the fact that the other house has a north facing garden and it will cost them a lot more than £4000 to put on a conservatory the size and quality of our one
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:34 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
Well the second viewing we had at the weekend resulted in them buying another house. It is the same as ours just doesn't have a conservatory. Ours is on at £369,950 the other one was £360,000. They made a full asking price offer though would have gone a bit over. They didn't even try a cheeky offer on ours. So we dropped our price by £5000 yesterday and guess who called our agent and offered the asking price. May have cut of my nose to spite my face but told them to go jump. Don't think it is fair on the other people who they offered on as I get the feeling they were trying to get us to drop. Told my agent in writing today that they have 4 weeks notice that we are changing agent so they better pull their finger out. We are lucky in that we don't have to sell now so can wait, but just hope the market doesn't crash. Just going to sit back and enjoy the fact that the other house has a north facing garden and it will cost them a lot more than £4000 to put on a conservatory the size and quality of our one
Wow that was brave of you - good for you tho!
If everyone buying/selling acted with this amount of thought for others then the whole process would be a lot less painful and would work a lot better.

Sending you some K for being a nice person
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Wow that was brave of you - good for you tho!
If everyone buying/selling acted with this amount of thought for others then the whole process would be a lot less painful and would work a lot better.

Sending you some K for being a nice person
Agree! We've spent years being 'sc**wed over in the house buying process. If only everyone was like you.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Us too, new EA coming to have a look Saturday
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TMRE
That was soooooooooo brave of you, I am sure I wouldn't have been that brave. What a nice person you are
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:44 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

That was soooooooooo brave of you, I am sure I wouldn't have been that brave. What a nice person you are

have to agree, that was brave and if i was n the same situation i would have probably taken the offer and dealt with my conscious at a later stage.
x
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:45 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

cant do anything until tomorrow - EA closed at half 5
when they phoned at quarter past 5 they said to get back to them tomorrow!
did i miss something, did you accept?
x
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:45 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Well talked to the EA - told them that we would accept yesterdays offer but with some conditions...
We want confirmation that they are chain free and able to buy quickly.
Under no circumstances will be drop the price any lower - for example if the survey comes back with anything (i dont think it will anyway) we will NOT drop the price any further.
We want a quick completion date - we are looking for 8 weeks if we can.

Just waiting for the EA to get back to me now ....
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:48 pm
so far so good

Well talked to the EA - told them that we would accept yesterdays offer but with some conditions...
We want confirmation that they are chain free and able to buy quickly.
Under no circumstances will be drop the price any lower - for example if the survey comes back with anything (i dont think it will anyway) we will NOT drop the price any further.
We want a quick completion date - we are looking for 8 weeks if we can.

Just waiting for the EA to get back to me now ....
good for you, at least then everyone knows where they stand, heres to hoping that they say OK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.