Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:39 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i could be completely mad but just turned down a viewer from our first EA
I would like to add the estate agent in question was told they were no longer selling our house 2 weeks ago and to come and claim there sign which they never did (which is now chopped up to go in the chimnea ).

I get the distinct feeling whoever does buy our house will get a phone call from these estate agents telling them they have a viewing on Tuesday
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

I've just read all the posts since I went to parents evening! Glad to read that I am not the only one opposed to all this homework and testing! Luckily, here in Wales, they don't test at 7 - so that is one less thing to worry about.

I have to admit that I hated school and from the ages of 11-13 managed not to go at all!! (Illness, living in Oz, travelling etc.) I still managed to get 10 'O' levels, 3 'A' levels, a degree and a Masters. LOL. I learnt more from reading books, listening to my parents and watching TV than I ever did at school!

Anyway, back to houses! Good news re the buyers Tiggs. Hopefully you'll know about the Adelaide job soon!!! Donnee sounds like a good idea!

I think you did the right thing to turn that viewing down! Idiot EA!

Hope you're feeling better tonight Daunted!

Has anyone else got any news??
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

... but i would have needed to spend all day tomorrow cleaning to get the house in a decent state again and apparently the viewer was a bit hedgy about whether his house was sold or not - so decided not to bother

i wonder if i will regret that later
No news so going to keep fit
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Have fun - if that's what you call it. LOL!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:54 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
ooh i should have done that this morning - but had child off school again.

... and that is after eating a cream cake yesterday and most of a pack of choccy biscuits today
ooh i have a big bar of fruit and nut for this evening too - i think i am going to need a serious diet before we go to oz!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ooh i should have done that this morning - but had child off school again.

... and that is after eating a cream cake yesterday and most of a pack of choccy biscuits today
ooh i have a big bar of fruit and nut for this evening too - i think i am going to need a serious diet before we go to oz!
I've already had a choccie bar tonight. What is it about BE which makes you eat!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Evening All,
Turned down an offer today from a couple who viewed before we went on holsIt was £2K less than the other two offers we currently have on the house (both with chains) and the buyers have put their house on the market but had no interest. I don't know why the EA bothered asking them to offer really as they definately aren't in a position to buy
Found out what happened to Saturday night's viewer. Apparently, she knocked on the door and we didn't answer?? Definitely wouldn't have missed that. EA thinks she knocked on the wrong house as there is another up in our close with the same agent. Anyway, she is coming back tomorrow night so fingers crossed.
Don't have any kids but couldn't agree more about them having too much homework from primary school, when do they get chance to be kids??
Daunted- good luck with the survey!
Cxx
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:13 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

QUOTE=dinky2;5405654]Evening All,
Turned down an offer today from a couple who viewed before we went on holsIt was £2K less than the other two offers we currently have on the house (both with chains) and the buyers have put their house on the market but had no interest. I don't know why the EA bothered asking them to offer really as they definately aren't in a position to buy
Found out what happened to Saturday night's viewer. Apparently, she knocked on the door and we didn't answer?? Definitely wouldn't have missed that. EA thinks she knocked on the wrong house as there is another up in our close with the same agent. Anyway, she is coming back tomorrow night so fingers crossed.
Don't have any kids but couldn't agree more about them having too much homework from primary school, when do they get chance to be kids??
Daunted- good luck with the survey!
Cxx[/QUOTE]

after spending all day cleaning you defiently wouldnt have missed her knock at the door, lets hope its second time lucky

agree with childrens homework, my 6yr started getting 9 spellings a week to learn, first week got them all right last 2 weeks only 3 right, hes so overloaded his teacher phoned me last friday to say hes not coping well ( you dont say!) and cutting is spellings to 3 this week and increasing them gradually. i worry about his learning but oh just says give him a break he's only 6

oh and good luck for you survey daunted, what time tomorrow?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Hi. Things seem to be picking up. Saw lot more 'Under Offer' stickers in EA window on the weekend. I fired my original EA where I had it on at an 'optimistic' price. It's going on with another on Friday at competitive price. Just had a call from them today , Got a viewing lined up Saturday with someone whos in a position to go.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

the greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nice

I have a 7 year old who has always been good at literacy but is really struggling with numeracy.
She went in to year 3 in Sept and they give them a 'speed' test on multiplication ! The school did not tell parents about this they just set the test. The children have 33 questions to do in 5 minutes. The first week she got one right ! The second week 3 right ! I went in to see her teacher and asked if she was struggling with numeracy - the teacher didn't seem to know - she just said it is early days yet !! Now I spend half my life coaching her for this damn speed test they repeat EVERY Friday until they get them ALL right. Same questions every week. When they have them all right they can then move on to the next sheet. Needless to say my daughter now hates numeracy and says she gets a headache every Friday at school. Is is just me or does this seem to be bad teaching ?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

the greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nicethe greens is just really nice

Back to house selling.....................we have accepted offer on our house. The survey was done last week and all seems ok. We instructed solicitor today.

My worry is this - we daren't give our jobs up until we have exchanged contracts and things are legally binding. We both have to give 4 weeks notice.

The ideal scenario would be exchange, give notice at work, serve notice, complete and fly to Oz 4 weeks later.

Do you think I should push for a 4 week period between exchange and completion. Is this within normal limits ??
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

... but i would have needed to spend all day tomorrow cleaning to get the house in a decent state again and apparently the viewer was a bit hedgy about whether his house was sold or not - so decided not to bother

i wonder if i will regret that later

Good on ya gal!!!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the greens
Back to house selling.....................we have accepted offer on our house. The survey was done last week and all seems ok. We instructed solicitor today.

My worry is this - we daren't give our jobs up until we have exchanged contracts and things are legally binding. We both have to give 4 weeks notice.

The ideal scenario would be exchange, give notice at work, serve notice, complete and fly to Oz 4 weeks later.

Do you think I should push for a 4 week period between exchange and completion. Is this within normal limits ??

This is my plan too although im not giving notice until we complete JUST incase!! My solicitor reckons if everyone works together 2 weeks is long enough between exchange and completion. ( having said that there is no chain below us)
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twhurl
Hi. Things seem to be picking up. Saw lot more 'Under Offer' stickers in EA window on the weekend. I fired my original EA where I had it on at an 'optimistic' price. It's going on with another on Friday at competitive price. Just had a call from them today , Got a viewing lined up Saturday with someone whos in a position to go.

YAY fingers crossed for you
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the get well wishes - I dont know what time it is at just in the morning - the surveyor is collecting keys from EA.Im going back to work tomorrow - feel much better since i stopped taking the anti biotics!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.