Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Afternoon Daunted - hope you are feeling better today!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:41 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
Need to be there by end of March. I have got a job to go to that starts April. Was thinking of renting for a year first. Heading to Gold Coast.
after our selling experiences in the uk i am surprised that anyone would be thinking of ever buying again

Originally Posted by daunted
Please miss will that plan stretch to another ??
the more the merrier
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
after our selling experiences in the uk i am surprised that anyone would be thinking of ever buying again
I have contemplated just buying investment properties and living in a luxury hotel. That sounds like a good plan too. LOL.

Seriously, I would think long and hard about committing to another property unless it was a good investment and easy to let. Just in case we decided to move on. With our luck we would pick the wrong location and have to move on sooner rather than later................
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I have contemplated just buying investment properties and living in a luxury hotel. That sounds like a good plan too. LOL.

Seriously, I would think long and hard about committing to another property unless it was a good investment and easy to let. Just in case we decided to move on. With our luck we would pick the wrong location and have to move on sooner rather than later................
I was just saying to Dave my OH that I would have to look long and hard at buying in Oz, they are having the same issues as us, more so as there rentals are soooo cheap.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
I was just saying to Dave my OH that I would have to look long and hard at buying in Oz, they are having the same issues as us, more so as there rentals are soooo cheap.
It's difficult isn't it? We were thinking about using our equity to buy a business, then we could think about a house later on. The other option is a house with business possibilities - but that really is putting all your eggs in one basket......
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:46 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

It's difficult isn't it? We were thinking about using our equity to buy a business, then we could think about a house later on. The other option is a house with business possibilities - but that really is putting all your eggs in one basket......
the trouble with buying anywhere is that you are then fixed in the place. it would be nice to think that we had the option to move about a bit if we felt like it.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the trouble with buying anywhere is that you are then fixed in the place. it would be nice to think that we had the option to move about a bit if we felt like it.
This is true - but a back up plan if we can't get jobs..........
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

lol at the scenarios! i know that feeling!
we have worked our way through every possible combination of events and come up with the fact that we just dont have enough money
for us it is sell or go with a guaranteed job - nothing else works.

we dont need to validate until start of may so not panicking on that (yet) but really really need to be there for the start of the school year (end of jan) as we need to get eldest into school - he will be dropping back a year as it is so we cant miss this deadline

we were planning on heading to canberra - but are waiting to hear back from a job in adelaide - so still could be heading anywhere

what about you?
Adele

Hi adele
we're heading to the gold coast.

Another factor was acclimatising! Apparently the best time to go is in the peak of the heat and you will acclimatise better that leaves us till about march/april

We are just getting a bit pee'd off with all the speculating about our options when we get there!!!

Are you guys planning on buying when you get to aus or renting?

Sam x
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

sorry,
just read your lots recent replies!!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sammyg
Hi adele

Another factor was acclimatising! Apparently the best time to go is in the peak of the heat and you will acclimatise better that leaves us till about march/april

We are just getting a bit pee'd off with all the speculating about our options when we get there!!!

Sam x
Dunno!

Read the last page - we don't know what to do for the best until we get there really......

How about you?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:03 am
sneaking a peek ...

Hi adele

Sam x
we will definitely rent at first. Whether we buy or not later on - well your guess is probably as good as ours at the moment
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have our extra surveys happening this week, so hopefully our house sale will start to move on a bit now. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Dunno!

Read the last page - we don't know what to do for the best until we get there really......

How about you?
we will definitely rent at first. Whether we buy or not later on - well your guess is probably as good as ours at the moment
Well one minute we think we should buy as soon as we've found the right area because of all the 'rising market' talk but then....we think maybe we should rent first to be sure it's the right area!

I don't think we'll really know until we get there

Roll on next year

sam xxx
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well one minute we think we should buy as soon as we've found the right area because of all the 'rising market' talk but then....we think maybe we should rent first to be sure it's the right area!

I don't think we'll really know until we get there

Roll on next year

sam xxx

Looks like we're all in the same boat! Like you, we find the the rising market is a bit frightening. An investment property might be the way to go. Live in it whilst you suss out the area and then rent it out....... possibly.... lol.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone thanks for the get well wishes sorry I havent read all of these posts - i just cant keep up
Decided to tough it out at work today but failed miserably. told them i wont be in tomorrow or until i am fully fit I hate letting people down but i dont have the strength

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.