Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
We junked our useless EA and went for a private sale while we tried to find another agent. We use www.houseladder.co.uk
We had lots of viewings and accepted a good offer. However after a few weeks our buyer pulled out and since then we've only had 3 viewings despite reducing the price. Currently considering dropping the price and trying another agent. Don't know if this will do any good if it's just the market which is cr@p.

Good luck to you - at least when you sell privately you can afford to reduce the price to a bit less than market value to attract buyers.
we're on with housenetwork, it's 200 to get going and on rightmove etc and 200 when you complete. They haven't been bad to be honest but like you say it's the market as much as anything at the mo

we thought...if the house was on rightmove, it would be all it really needed.
We've been on since july and had 5 viewers -not great but i can't blame them if the house is advertised.

what they do have is a counter which shows you how many people are clicking on the link from rightmove and they have 47 pictures on rightmove!! a little extreme we thought at first, but we now believe it may have put off time wasters as they could see so much from the pics!!

Sam x
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:36 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by somme
Had pickfords round this morning, surveyer coming at 2.

Does anyone know what disinfectant to use apart from Jeyes

you can try these private sales, still not sure they have the same impact as EA's unfortunatley. we've been on with thelittlehousecompany since last year and had 1 viewing cost £149 but had quite a few viewings through EA and sold through EA. GOOD LUCK

i dont know why it qouted on somme post!!!!!!!!! nothing to do with jeyes!!!!!!!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sammyg
how long have you been on?
sam x
only into our second week
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, tentatively dipping my toe back in but no way i can read through all the post since i last visited nearly aweek a go
Can anyone give me the highlights - a bit like match of the day
My Buyers have at long last given name of their solicitor to mine so am happier now. I dont know if survey results are back yet or if there were any potential problems - will ring EA tomorrow me thinks. SO fingers crossed its going to be ok
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
only into our second week
The true madness is yet to come.................. LOL

I give you 6 weeks.................
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Hi guys, tentatively dipping my toe back in but no way i can read through all the post since i last visited nearly aweek a go
Can anyone give me the highlights - a bit like match of the day
My Buyers have at long last given name of their solicitor to mine so am happier now. I dont know if survey results are back yet or if there were any potential problems - will ring EA tomorrow me thinks. SO fingers crossed its going to be ok

Hi Daunted!

Great to see you back. Hope you're feeling better about things.

I don't have any news apart from an extreme carpet cleaning experience.

Glad to hear your buyers have pulled their finger out re the solicitor. Being 1st time buyers they probably didn't know what to do!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daunted!

Great to see you back. Hope you're feeling better about things.

I don't have any news apart from an extreme carpet cleaning experience.

Glad to hear your buyers have pulled their finger out re the solicitor. Being 1st time buyers they probably didn't know what to do!

Thankyou - i am going to limit my time spent on here - it has all become a bit obsessive and i found myself getting more and more pessimistic about the whole house selling process I am determined that mine is going to go through all smoothly and then i am going to post it in big bold letters just to reassure people that it isnt all doom and gloom. Well thats the hope anyway
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thankyou - i am going to limit my time spent on here - it has all become a bit obsessive and i found myself getting more and more pessimistic about the whole house selling process I am determined that mine is going to go through all smoothly and then i am going to post it in big bold letters just to reassure people that it isnt all doom and gloom. Well thats the hope anyway

That's a good plan!

The trouble is people come on here to moan - so you'll only get one perspective!

Your sale should go through without hitch!

However, don't forget us trapped here on the WPHS and come and visit sometimes!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

That's a good plan!

The trouble is people come on here to moan - so you'll only get one perspective!

Your sale should go through without hitch!

However, don't forget us trapped here on the WPHS and come and visit sometimes!
Well if I am right i gonna start a thread just for it
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
did they turn up? did they explain what was going on?
sounds like when they have thought about it they really like the house - maybe enough to have another look and see if they compromise on the living room size?!!
I imagine they did. I was at work so EA let them in. I'll drop by EA tomorrow and find out what happened.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning everyone,

Well if I am right I gonna start a thread just for it
Good idea! The Deliriously Happy Pm House Selling thread!

LOL.

Originally Posted by twhurl
I imagine they did. I was at work so EA let them in. I'll drop by EA tomorrow and find out what happened.
Good luck - hope these are the 'ones'!

Just had a very frustrating morning. Up late - no time even for a cup of coffee before the school run, then I was caught up in terrible gridlock for an hour on the return journey. I drove (at 1 mile and hour) to the solicitors to collect some certified documents which were supposed to be ready for collection - they weren't. :curse: Just got my first cup of coffee.

Get me out of here now!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:27 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning everyone,

Good idea! The Deliriously Happy Pm House Selling thread!

LOL.

Good luck - hope these are the 'ones'!

Just had a very frustrating morning. Up late - no time even for a cup of coffee before the school run, then I was caught up in terrible gridlock for an hour on the return journey. I drove (at 1 mile and hour) to the solicitors to collect some certified documents which were supposed to be ready for collection - they weren't. :curse: Just got my first cup of coffee.

Get me out of here now!
morning!
yup i second that - we will definitely need a new thread!

ooh you have just reminded me of trying to get to work in the middle of the city in the rush hour - i certainly dont miss that these days
makes my walk to school with two uncooperative toddlers seem like a good thing

just getting my first cup of tea as we speak

Last edited by Tiggs+Graz; Oct 16th 2007 at 9:28 pm. Reason: grammar!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

rawwwwwwww...... Bushy's back.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:29 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushman
rawwwwwwww...... Bushy's back.
morning bushy - anything to report in the world of selling houses?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:51 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys, tentatively dipping my toe back in but no way i can read through all the post since i last visited nearly aweek a goCan anyone give me the highlights - a bit like match of the day
My Buyers have at long last given name of their solicitor to mine so am happier now. I dont know if survey results are back yet or if there were any potential problems - will ring EA tomorrow me thinks. SO fingers crossed its going to be ok:
thats good news at least you know things are still plodding along!

: Thankyou - i am going to limit my time spent on here - it has all become a bit obsessive and i found myself getting more and more pessimistic about the whole house selling process I am determined that mine is going to go through all smoothly and then i am going to post it in big bold letters just to reassure people that it isnt all doom and gloom. Well thats the hope anyway wub:
know how you feel

[/QUOTE=daunted;5433659Well if I am right i gonna start a thread just for it [/QUOTE]

i'll sign up for happy thread
today i posted the contracts back to solicitor for other parties to sign. got surveyor coming tomorrow, he not going to see much in garage its full of crap!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.