Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Oh come on Sommey, I know Its difficult but the promised land awaits. Dry away those tears and smile. Happy, Smiley, karma given.

Originally Posted by somme
Ok guys, surveyor has been and said what a lovely house and what a great job we have done of renovating it and suddenly I am sitting here bawling my eyes out wondering what we are doing. Since we have agreed to sell I have done nothing but cry
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johull
Oh your poor thing. Know how you feel, ours has just gone on the agents website and in paper and I suddenly am madly in love with it and scared about letting go!!!!! HAve been fine all summer getting it ready but now its here I am nervous as hell. Just been sat in office having heart to heart with girly workmates who think its the right thing to do - and so do I - but I suppose its normal to go through these mixed emotions - we wouldn't be normal if we didnt would we?

Keep waking up at 2.30 am wide eyes and then the brain starts whirring around and I cant get to sleep. Have aged about 5 years in the last 2 weeks!!!!!
Originally Posted by sarahlou
oh no ! i suppose these feelings are part of the process, think of why you are leaving and not what you are leaving............you obviously have good taste and made right choices of colours and furniture so you would be able to do the same in Aus, i think each step you make that gets you closer the feelings are are going to creep back !

wine,chocs or your fav indulgence is in for a calling i think to cheer you up !!!!!

or settle for a fat free karma instead
Thanks for the posative vibes, lack of sleep also makes you really teary as well, mine is 3.30 am, I just feel so overwhelmed and I love my life here, it is for my hubby we are going as he works so very hard here. I will be leaving a house and village I love, my two eldest children and grandchildren and my dog, I am not sure I can do this.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the K's guys. Just having a moment, I suppose we feel we are giving the house away, but just had a call and we have a new viewer on Thursday. Now what do I do.

Sorry everyone just being a girl
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:46 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graz79
Has anyone seen my wife...she is usually around here

Can't get hold of her so is there anything we need from sainsbury's on my way home

doncha love the interent
i was playing 'cranes' with my youngest - we have transported a whole stack of duplo from one side of the dining room to the other - by toy crane one block at a time
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Thanks for the K's guys. Just having a moment, I suppose we feel we are giving the house away, but just had a call and we have a new viewer on Thursday. Now what do I do.

Oh Lordy - oh well - may get more from this one.

know how you feel, we will be leaving a son behind - almost 17 years old. Scared to miss the chance but also scared of what I will feel.

Where are you going to Somme? We are heading to Gold Coast
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:52 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the posative vibes, lack of sleep also makes you really teary as well, mine is 3.30 am, I just feel so overwhelmed and I love my life here, it is for my hubby we are going as he works so very hard here. I will be leaving a house and village I love, my two eldest children and grandchildren and my dog, I am not sure I can do this.
dont know what to say to help
i woke Graz up at about midnight on sunday night to tell him that i had changed my mind and i wasnt going
if i feel like that i cant imagine how you are feeling leaving your family behind

i am sure that you have thought very carefully about this tho and i am sure that you already really know you are making the right decision.
Sending (((hugs)))

Adele
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

know how you feel, we will be leaving a son behind - almost 17 years old. Scared to miss the chance but also scared of what I will feel.

Not sure heading for sunshine coast at first but will also be looking at gold coast, my son has just phoned and said go mum and think of it as a long holiday, if you hate it come back The thought of doing this in reverse
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
dont know what to say to help
i woke Graz up at about midnight on sunday night to tell him that i had changed my mind and i wasnt going
if i feel like that i cant imagine how you are feeling leaving your family behind

i am sure that you have thought very carefully about this tho and i am sure that you already really know you are making the right decision.
Sending (((hugs)))

Adele
Thanks Adele So glad I have this thread as I feel I already know everyone, it is just nerves the closer you get the worse it gets.
If I lived in a house or area I didn't like it would be easier. Normal service will resume shortly.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:24 am
sneaking a peek ...

Thanks Adele So glad I have this thread as I feel I already know everyone, it is just nerves the closer you get the worse it gets.
If I lived in a house or area I didn't like it would be easier. Normal service will resume shortly.
lol - You are allowed to be upset you know - you dont have to pretend everything is ok if you are feeling down about things. Feel free to come in here and let it all out. That is the beauty of BE - there is always someone around to lend a sympatheic ear
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:25 am
sneaking a peek ...

The thought of doing this in reverse
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Sending some positive vibes.

As your son said, treat it as an extended holiday. You can chose to return. Also bear in mind - you have made a happy life for yourself in the Uk. Therefore you are the sort of person who can make a happy life for yourself in Oz. Of course you don't want to leave your children and your lovely house. You'd be nuts if you did. However, once you have a home in Oz the yearning for your house in the UK will pass. Your children will visit. Perhaps they'll move too? You can always plan to retire back to the UK. If the worst comes to the worst, you can change your mind and stay put!

Re the viewer - let them come - can't do any harm.

Sending more positive thoughts!

I just read your PM - try to remember the reason for your move. Hopefully your 17 yr old will come to visit and stay on. Also, your 2 younger ones will benefit enormously and you're going back to friends.

OK, do you all feel a bit better? (((((()))))))
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

sorry somme i never realised that it was family you was leaving as well, its a massive difference to leaving just the property !

my OH is the main reason we are leaving too ! he is a builder/carpenter and i dont think he can keep working the way he does until he is 65 yrs, weve lost out on our endowment and pension, but the up-side to it is that weve made treble on our bungalow (as OH has been renovating it over a 7 yr period )
so it leaves us enough to start out in oz almost mortgage free and no pressure to continue working and to enjoy our family time together instead,
sarah
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sarahlou
sorry somme i never realised that it was family you was leaving as well, its a massive difference to leaving just the property !

my OH is the main reason we are leaving too ! he is a builder/carpenter and i dont think he can keep working the way he does until he is 65 yrs, weve lost out on our endowment and pension, but the up-side to it is that weve made treble on our bungalow (as OH has been renovating it over a 7 yr period )
so it leaves us enough to start out in oz almost mortgage free and no pressure to continue working and to enjoy our family time together instead,
sarah
Hi Sarah, all for the same reasons as us, I really didn't think it would be this hard though.

Also got 25K less for the house than we thought that is a lot os $
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:50 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

i can see me posting here alot more soon
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
i can see me posting here alot more soon
How is the house selling scott?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.