Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
QUOTE=Fly Away;5441101]Thanks!

I'm rooting for Santa to send you a buyer too! Not quite sure they'd fit in your stocking unless you have very big feet.................... :QUOTE]

I have as it happens..... you know what they say - big feet big****
Or is that nose?............

Both I think!

BTW - at least the house will look lovely for viewers with all the christmas decs up. Cover up all those marks on the walls etc......................
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Both I think!

BTW - at least the house will look lovely for viewers with all the christmas decs up. Cover up all those marks on the walls etc......................
What marks?? Oh you mean the leaking shower that runs down the wall in the lounge??? and i'm a plumber!! Quick lick of paint for each new viewer........
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

What marks?? Oh you mean the leaking shower that runs down the wall in the lounge??? and i'm a plumber!!:: Quick lick of paint for each new viewer........::
OMG! remind me not to buy a house from a plumber.

Just stick the Christmas tree in front of that bit of wall!

We have a patch of rising damp next to the back door - what Christmas dec would do the job there???
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:53 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all!

just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the support - you are all fab

anyway after much going round in circles - we are now onto plan Z.
we have to go across for the job in adelaide - to turn it down would be really daft - so we have to go even if the house isnt sold (i do not really want to be doing this but it cant be helped). this has a whole mountain of complications that i have yet to work out

spoke to the EA again this afternoon - apparently our 'buyers' do really want the house so fingers crossed they sort themselves out so we can proceed.

EA has also arranged a new viewer for tomorrow at 7 - so i have been running around all afternoon trying to tidy and clean the house again - i have been concentrating on sorting rather than tidying over the last couple of weeks so it is a bit of a mess

Tried to get hold of the couple who put our original offer in (the ones who needed to sell) havent been able to get hold of them today hopefully they will get back to us tomorrow but as we havent heard from them we are assuming that they are either not ready to proceed or they have found something else to buy.

phew what a day
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:56 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

We have a patch of rising damp next to the back door - what Christmas dec would do the job there???
strategically draped tinsel?!
one of those dancing santa thingies?!

i am sure there must be something that would work
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Stick a fan heater on it for a couple of days!!! Seriously don't think it would be a big job have seen it done - they drill into cavity (if you have one) and inject some 'stuff' into walls. Or get stuff and do it yourself!! Or leave it and get large plant to hide it, or advent calander, or tinsel, or long wide door curtain, or blow up santa, or .......the list is endless
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh and have now fixed leaky shower!! Globbed some silicone round shower tray base - job done
Well at least I think it is
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Evening all!

we have to go across for the job in adelaide - to turn it down would be really daft - so we have to go even if the house isnt sold (i do not really want to be doing this but it cant be helped). this has a whole mountain of complications that i have yet to work out

spoke to the EA again this afternoon - apparently our 'buyers' do really want the house so fingers crossed they sort themselves out so we can proceed.

EA has also arranged a new viewer for tomorrow at 7 - so i have been running around all afternoon trying to tidy and clean the house again - i have been concentrating on sorting rather than tidying over the last couple of weeks so it is a bit of a mess

Tried to get hold of the couple who put our original offer in (the ones who needed to sell) havent been able to get hold of them today hopefully they will get back to us tomorrow but as we havent heard from them we are assuming that they are either not ready to proceed or they have found something else to buy.

phew what a day
Bloody hell sounds like you're having a right time of it! Congrats on the job too - at least you can get gone without having to worry about the house (too much!!) I do think that empty houses are somehow more appealing (I know most EA's would say the opposite) but we bought ours empty and the space!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Evening all!

just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the support - you are all fab :

we have to go across for the job in adelaide - to turn it down would be really daft - so we have to go even if the house isnt sold (i do not really want to be doing this but it cant be helped). this has a whole mountain of complications that i have yet to work out :

EA has also arranged a new viewer for tomorrow at 7 : - so i have been running around all afternoon trying to tidy and clean the house again - i have been concentrating on sorting rather than tidying over the last couple of weeks so it is a bit of a mess

phew what a day
Hi Tiggs,

Hope you are both OK.

Glad that you have come to a decision. I agree, it would be daft to turn the job down.

Hopefully the idiot buyers will find a new tenant and the problem will be solved. (Although home loans do NOT usually take into account BTL mortgages - tenanted or not. The fact that they have had a tenant in the property paying rent proves that their rentable value is what they state. So I am confused as to why their tenant giving notice is a problem?? Sounds like they are pulling some sort of mortgage scam to me? Also, if they are really keen, they could always get a BTL mortgage on your house.)

strategically draped tinsel?!
one of those dancing santa thingies?!

i am sure there must be something that would work
The patch is in an awkward place, right above the skirting board and the plaster is salting. Basically I should sand it down and repaint but I don't have the paint they used in the kitchen, so this would mean painting the whole kitchen and I am lazy...........)

I reckon a bucket with holly in it would look good!

Stick a fan heater on it for a couple of days!!! Seriously don't think it would be a big job have seen it done - they drill into cavity (if you have one) and inject some 'stuff' into walls. Or get stuff and do it yourself!! Or leave it and get large plant to hide it, or advent calander, or tinsel, or long wide door curtain, or blow up santa, or .......the list is endless
Thanks for the hint. I'll certainly try the fan heater trick! The patch is very small. It was caused when the previous owners put a French window in. They must have removed the DPC strip from one brick. We have a salting patch just next to the door frame about the size of a saucer. I have never bothered to get it done as we were planning to knock the wall down anyway! We had all the other damp fixed in the way you describe. (Owners before us were dodgy self builder types and left the house in a big mess....)

Oh and have now fixed leaky shower!! Globbed some silicone round shower tray base - job done
Well at least I think it is

Good news!! You won't need the Christmas tree then!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:49 am
sneaking a peek ...

Hi Tiggs,

Hope you are both OK.

Glad that you have come to a decision. I agree, it would be daft to turn the job down.

Hopefully the idiot buyers will find a new tenant and the problem will be solved. (Although home loans do NOT usually take into account BTL mortgages - tenanted or not. The fact that they have had a tenant in the property paying rent proves that their rentable value is what they state. So I am confused as to why their tenant giving notice is a problem?? Sounds like they are pulling some sort of mortgage scam to me? Also, if they are really keen, they could always get a BTL mortgage on your house.)

We are both fine - although it was a shame that we couldnt really feel like celebrating Graz getting the job. At least now we have time to sort things out - if the buyers had dropped out in a month then we would have huge problems.

I have no idea what is going on with their mortgages/tenants - our EA is positive that they still really want our house so i dont think it was just an excuse to pull out - but i dont really know. Just going to try and move on and even if they come back i will certianly be keeping the pressure on the EA to keep sending viewers.

The patch is in an awkward place, right above the skirting board and the plaster is salting. Basically I should sand it down and repaint but I don't have the paint they used in the kitchen, so this would mean painting the whole kitchen and I am lazy...........)

I reckon a bucket with holly in it would look good!
i have a shed full of tins with just a little bit of paint still in the bottom - one for each colour in the house - Graz keeps wanting to throw them out but i keep pointing out to him that they are the different between being able to touch up the paintwork and having to repaint a whole room

could you not just repaint the one wall? - of course in these cases it is always the biggest and most complicated wall that you need to repaint
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We are both fine - although it was a shame that we couldnt really feel like celebrating Graz getting the job. At least now we have time to sort things out - if the buyers had dropped out in a month then we would have huge problems.

Silver linings and all that.............
I have no idea what is going on with their mortgages/tenants - our EA is positive that they still really want our house so i dont think it was just an excuse to pull out - but i dont really know. Just going to try and move on and even if they come back i will certianly be keeping the pressure on the EA to keep sending viewers.

Good idea - the ideal buyers might pop out of the woodwork!

i have a shed full of tins with just a little bit of paint still in the bottom - one for each colour in the house - Graz keeps wanting to throw them out but i keep pointing out to him that they are the different between being able to touch up the paintwork and having to repaint a whole room

We had this in our last house as we completely redecorated it. However, the kitchen is exactly as we found it - plus a bit of dirt. The previous owners didn't leave any paint........... Show this to Graz!
could you not just repaint the one wall? - of course in these cases it is always the biggest and most complicated wall that you need to repaint
I could try just painting the one wall - might look dodgy though? Then I'd have to paint the whole room and I'm lazy... as previously stated. LOL.

Glad that you are feeling a bit better. You should really try to enjoy Graz's success - he's a clever bugger!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Well been to dinner with an ex boss, which was lovely.

Tiggs glad you still have the courage to go, great Graz has a job to go to.

See you all in the morning, night x
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Daunted, how are you today? Hopefully things are abit clearer for you too.
Thanks babe - I just needed to step back a bit and am now feeling much more positive. Survey results are back and price wise all good but they want wood and damp survey done. Either could be a potential problem but i have a plan. I am prepared to sell to one of those agencies htat offer 80% of value if i have to so i have a minimum figure to work to, if they drop price any then im going agency route - gettin on with life is worth more than a few grand in the bank. Anyway must go get packed

Evening all!

phew what a day
keeping everything crossed for you again xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=daunted;5441821]Thanks babe - I just needed to step back a bit and am now feeling much more positive. Survey results are back and price wise all good but they want wood and damp survey done. Either could be a potential problem but i have a plan. I am prepared to sell to one of those agencies htat offer 80% of value if i have to so i have a minimum figure to work to, if they drop price any then im going agency route - gettin on with life is worth more than a few grand in the bank. Anyway must go get packed

Couldn't agree more I am still looking for my guarantee for woodworm treatment

So glad you are feeling more positive
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
Well been to dinner with an ex boss, which was lovely.

Tiggs glad you still have the courage to go, great Graz has a job to go to.

See you all in the morning, night x
Night Somme, Glad you had a lovely dinner!

Originally Posted by daunted
Thanks babe - I just needed to step back a bit and am now feeling much more positive. Survey results are back and price wise all good but they want wood and damp survey done. Either could be a potential problem but i have a plan. I am prepared to sell to one of those agencies htat offer 80% of value if i have to so i have a minimum figure to work to, if they drop price any then im going agency route - gettin on with life is worth more than a few grand in the bank. Anyway must go get packed

Glad to hear you're in a positive frame of mind again. Survey results sound good. Fingers crossed the wood and damp surveys come out OK. Lenders often ask for them if it is an older property and there are no current guarantees. It's not a reflection on your house!

Also glad that you have a back up plan - you're right, getting on with life is more important.

[/COLOR]

Well, if you didn't see my post on the other thread,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Have a great time in Iceland!! It will be wonderful!

if you are still on here - GO AND PACK!

See you next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.