Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Hi Guys guess most of you are doing schools runs now! I've finished early and am on the beer!!
I am so lost in what people are doing now on this thread thought it might be a help if everyone could list the following:
Length on market.
Roughly how many viewings.
Ditto how many offers.
How many offers at or very near to asking price.
How much have you dropped by.
Do you need psychiatric help?
Thought it might help new people to thread too!!!
Have fun!!
Dan
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi Guys guess most of you are doing schools runs now! I've finished early and am on the beer!!
I am so lost in what people are doing now on this thread thought it might be a help if everyone could list the following:
Length on market.
Roughly how many viewings.
Ditto how many offers.
How many offers at or very near to asking price.
How much have you dropped by.
Do you need psychiatric help?
Have fun!!
Dan
Oh and here's my mini house blog!
2.1 weeks
....not yet but I feel it coming
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Length on market. 4.5 weeks
Roughly how many viewings. 9 (7 no shows:curse
Ditto how many offers. 0
How many offers at or very near to asking price.0
How much have you dropped by.0
Do you need psychiatric help? Badly, it may be already too late.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

UPDATE - got a call at 3.05pm, the viewer doesnt wish to look at the house, they dont think the area is for them *sob* I wouldnt mind but that is the last 7/8 viewers who have done exact same thing.

I wonder if the EA could be doing more to get them IN the door, or if when they phone to cancel he is just saying okay thanks?

What makes me laugh is the price reflects the area - you are either going to have a fabby house in not so fabby area (like us) or a shitty house in nice area, you cant have both for this price

I cant believe how stressful this is - although Im glad I sacked the EA.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gonnago
UPDATE - got a call at 3.05pm, the viewer doesnt wish to look at the house, they dont think the area is for them *sob* I wouldnt mind but that is the last 7/8 viewers who have done exact same thing.

I wonder if the EA could be doing more to get them IN the door, or if when they phone to cancel he is just saying okay thanks?

What makes me laugh is the price reflects the area - you are either going to have a fabby house in not so fabby area (like us) or a shitty house in nice area, you cant have both for this price

Christ that is shit luck sorry! I know what you mean - our house has been painstakingly done up too - we just need the bastards to get throught the door
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Hi Dan,
Length on market. 2 wks, then off for 6 wks, then back on for 9 wks
Roughly how many viewings 16 Ditto how many offers. 4
How many offers at or very near to asking price 3
How much have you dropped by. £3K
Do you need psychiatric help? Yes!!
Have fun!!
Dan[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:41 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago

oh poor you - k on the way!
i guess they are looking at the house and thinking that is a good price and not really considering the area until they get there
this is really your EAs job to sort out - sacking them seems a very good option to me
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:46 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

at lunchtime our 7pm viewer rearranged for 5pm (wanted 3 but i still hadnt started cleaning the kitchen!!!)
then got call from other EA who had a viewer so booked them for 5.30.

Turns out first viewer wanted to look at the house a couple of weeks back but EA told them we had an offer and were off the market - even though we had asked them to keep sending viewers :curse:
anyway they seemed to really like the house - big grins from both of them all the way around.
so fingers crossed on that one

got call from second EA just before half 5 (first viewers still here!) to say that they hadnt been able to confirm the appointment so viewers probably werent coming - so trying to rearrange for tomorrow.

phew
i'm absolutely jiggered now - need a cup of tea and a sit down
i really need to sell this house - i dont think i can keep this up without having a nervous breakdown very soon
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:52 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Length on market. 14 weeks (i think)
Roughly how many viewings. 6 (plus one this weekend)
Ditto how many offers. 2
How many offers at or very near to asking price. 1
How much have you dropped by. havent (yet)
Do you need psychiatric help? absolutely
Have fun!!
Dan
great idea
Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:42 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

heres mine

Length on market. 10 months
Roughly how many viewings. 20 +
Ditto how many offers. 6
How many offers at or very near to asking price. 2
How much have you dropped by.10k
Do you need psychiatric help? wayyyyyyyyyy pass this
EA. 2
Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:48 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
at lunchtime our 7pm viewer rearranged for 5pm (wanted 3 but i still hadnt started cleaning the kitchen!!!)
then got call from other EA who had a viewer so booked them for 5.30.

Turns out first viewer wanted to look at the house a couple of weeks back but EA told them we had an offer and were off the market - even though we had asked them to keep sending viewers :curse:
anyway they seemed to really like the house - big grins from both of them all the way around.
so fingers crossed on that one

got call from second EA just before half 5 (first viewers still here!) to say that they hadnt been able to confirm the appointment so viewers probably werent coming - so trying to rearrange for tomorrow.

phew
i'm absolutely jiggered now - need a cup of tea and a sit down
i really need to sell this house - i dont think i can keep this up without having a nervous breakdown very soon
thats good lets hope they like it enough and put a offer in. at least your EA getting you viewings, even though they shouldnt have stopped.
think they relax abit when you except a offer as we said we still wanted to be on the market and we still have our for sale board, BUT the picture in their office has sold on it, we dont go in paper anymore and i checked rightmove and were not on it!!!!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:02 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by want2bthere
thats good lets hope they like it enough and put a offer in. at least your EA getting you viewings, even though they shouldnt have stopped.
think they relax abit when you except a offer as we said we still wanted to be on the market and we still have our for sale board, BUT the picture in their office has sold on it, we dont go in paper anymore and i checked rightmove and were not on it!!!!!!!
i had guessed that they had stopped marketing the house - we never had a rush of viewers but there had been a steady trickle - then the offer and co-incidentally no more viewers
i should have pushed them about it - never mind i know for next time

are you going to to give the EA a nudge?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:22 am
so far so good

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i had guessed that they had stopped marketing the house - we never had a rush of viewers but there had been a steady trickle - then the offer and co-incidentally no more viewers
i should have pushed them about it - never mind i know for next time

are you going to to give the EA a nudge?
you know what even though i would love to have a moan at them i just cant be bothered at mo, and i dont think i've got the time to do viewing even if we had any, putting all my energy into getting things sorted in the hope that sale goes smoothly.

had estimator round this arvo, he is freelance so going to estimate for both pss and worldwide frieght, then i can take my pick. good news is that a 20ft is going to be plenty big enough. so maybe i can take stuff that i though i wouldnt
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:20 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Well - my viewer just left. Old guy - 60's, what he wants a family house for on his own I don't know BUT he LOVED IT! Unfortunately, he hasn't sold his house . Said the usual guff about not needing to sell before buying - but they all do and then they find out what it would cost!

He said he'd ring me - don't know why??? Just hope it's an offer!
ooh i had managed to miss this post
Isnt it amazing though how many viewers 'dont need to sell before they can buy' i wonder where they all get the money from

fingers crossed he is telling the truth!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:25 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by want2bthere
you know what even though i would love to have a moan at them i just cant be bothered at mo, and i dont think i've got the time to do viewing even if we had any, putting all my energy into getting things sorted in the hope that sale goes smoothly.

had estimator round this arvo, he is freelance so going to estimate for both pss and worldwide frieght, then i can take my pick. good news is that a 20ft is going to be plenty big enough. so maybe i can take stuff that i though i wouldnt
i know how you feel - that is exactly why i didnt bother to push our EA. Wish i had now though

where in the world did you find a freelance estimator? sounds like a good idea to me

strangely i got a 10% off with doree bonner through the post today - and i havent even been in contact with them - so the only thing i can think is that one of the companies i did contact must be passing on leads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.