Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:59 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's true. However, you may then be able to then send it to auction with a tenant and an investor will buy it as a going concern.
good point ..

That's because I was cleaning my house and not sitting on my sofa posting silly messages on here.

Good luck with your viewing today Tiggs - have you managed to scoop everything back into cupboards / up the loft etc. Bloomin buyers, I bet you could swing for them right now! the same thing happened to us - we had 4 weeks of making a mess, packing, selling furniture etc and then the buggers pulled out.
house is looking quite tidy - just need to tackle cleaning the kitchen/utility rooms now (could take some time)

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Hello folks its been a while!! Our buyer finally got their survey done yesterday 11 weeks after the sale was offically agreed!!
11 weeks

Originally Posted by somme
Hope your viewing goes well they are cash buyers and love it Keep scrubbing you know it is worth it
they are not cash buyers unfortuntaly but they already have buyers for their house and are part way through the process - so they need to move fairly quickly (according to the EA anyway)

just wish i hadnt let the housework slip quite to much ...

Originally Posted by want2bthere
t&g: good for you for going over no matter what happens with house, good luck with viewing. things have a habit of sorting themselves out in the end

ive managed to get estimator round this afternoon to talk about shipping, so we'll see if we can cram it all in a 20ft container, i hope so because i'm not paying for a 40ft
thanks!
we told the estimators that we were ONLY paying for a 20ft container so to tell us how much they thought we were over by so we could cut it out.
One said we should fit (at a push) and the other quoted us for a 20ft and a shared container for what we were over by - WHICH IS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR (they were far too expensive anyway )
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:02 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the kids - ours are off next week for TWO WEEKS . God help me if we have viewings then!
TWO WEEKS?! and i though one was going to be bad enough!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Morning W2BT!

Good luck with the estimator. I'm dreading that bit. We have TOO MUCH stuff.

Hope you and your OH feel better soon. It's so damn stressful isn't it??:curse: How about a weekend away to escape from it all??

I'm running around like a looney cleaning again as we have a viewer at 12. Just hoping he is 'the one.' Unfortunately he is a Surveyor, so he will see all the faults in the house!

Good luck with the kids - ours are off next week for TWO WEEKS . God help me if we have viewings then!

Have a good day!
Morning everyone

Ours went on the market last weekend - was in Yorkshire Post - had requests for brochures but no viewings yet - feel a bit peed off as its a fab house in a lovely area and they never come for sale up here!!! Argghhhh

Spoke to EA this morning and he said prob will be next week when we have requests for viewings - feel worried though.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
good point ..

Thanks!

house is looking quite tidy - just need to tackle cleaning the kitchen/utility rooms now (could take some time)

Sounds like hard work..... I just open the door to my utility, say this is the utility - then shut the door. LOL.

11 weeks :

TOO LONG eh!!

they are not cash buyers unfortuntaly but they already have buyers for their house and are part way through the process - so they need to move fairly quickly (according to the EA anyway)

just wish i hadnt let the housework slip quite to much ...

They sound promising..... I know how you feel, I work on the messy house = viewer theory BUT it's a bugger when you have to clean all the mess up!

thanks!
we told the estimators that we were ONLY paying for a 20ft container so to tell us how much they thought we were over by so we could cut it out.
One said we should fit (at a push) and the other quoted us for a 20ft and a shared container for what we were over by - WHICH IS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR (they were far too expensive anyway )
Good idea - glad you're not using the pillocky ones!

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
TWO WEEKS?! and i though one was going to be bad enough!
It may kill me....

Actually, it's quite sensible as our school won't entertain 'inset days', instead they add them onto the half terms. That way at least you can plan!

Originally Posted by johull
Morning everyone

Ours went on the market last weekend - was in Yorkshire Post - had requests for brochures but no viewings yet - feel a bit peed off as its a fab house in a lovely area and they never come for sale up here!!! Argghhhh

Spoke to EA this morning and he said prob will be next week when we have requests for viewings - feel worried though.
Morning Johull - GOOD LUCK!

I'll give you 6 weeks to go round the bend........................

I'm sure you'll get viewings very soon.

Sending K's to everyone in need (BE forum permitting, it's always telling me i can't give K??? )
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Shit....I missed the 200 page and the 3000 post!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Well.... today we have had a phone call from a rather peeved EA because I gave them 2 weeks notice, with a nice paragraph about how I am sure they will do their best to shift the property before then . He wasnt happy and started wittering on about his advice to drop price - I told him we were dropping with new agent. That shut him up! (didnt mention that new agent was easier on the eye)

5 mins later I get a call to say they have a viewer! wahooo between 3&4 today I have all the kids off school so going to see if i can at least get rid of two thirds of them, makes house feel somewhat bigger

Fingers crossed and karma needed, she has no chain (already sold her house) and wants to be in before Christmas - lets just hope she likes it eh?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bushman
Shit....I missed the 200 page and the 3000 post!
And I won yahoo

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Well.... today we have had a phone call from a rather peeved EA because I gave them 2 weeks notice, with a nice paragraph about how I am sure they will do their best to shift the property before then . He wasnt happy and started wittering on about his advice to drop price - I told him we were dropping with new agent. That shut him up! (didnt mention that new agent was easier on the eye)

5 mins later I get a call to say they have a viewer! wahooo between 3&4 today I have all the kids off school so going to see if i can at least get rid of two thirds of them, makes house feel somewhat bigger

Fingers crossed and karma needed, she has no chain (already sold her house) and wants to be in before Christmas - lets just hope she likes it eh?
K sent fingers crossed.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by somme
And I won yahoo

K sent fingers crossed.
Thanks Somme, havent told Dh the bit about viewer wanting in b4 christmas, he wants one last xmas at home - whatever. Sentimental moi?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

dmitrii is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Go crazy!

Great threads!
its ginness record!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Good idea - glad you're not using the pillocky ones!

It may kill me....

Actually, it's quite sensible as our school won't entertain 'inset days', instead they add them onto the half terms. That way at least you can plan!

Morning Johull - GOOD LUCK!

I'll give you 6 weeks to go round the bend........................

I'm sure you'll get viewings very soon.

Sending K's to everyone in need (BE forum permitting, it's always telling me i can't give K??? )
Hope so, he said the market is quieter this time of year but is hopeful for the next week or so.

Worst bit is trying to keep everything lovely and clean and tidy in case people come noseying through the windows!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushman
Shit....I missed the 200 page and the 3000 post:
That's SOOO yesterday!

5 mins later I get a call to say they have a viewer! wahooo between 3&4 today I have all the kids off school : so going to see if i can at least get rid of two thirds of them, makes house feel somewhat bigger

Fingers crossed and karma needed, she has no chain (already sold her house) and wants to be in before Christmas :- lets just hope she likes it eh?
Fingers crossed and K sent for the viewing! LOL about making the house seem bigger......

LOL at EA you binned. Yah boo sucks!

Thanks Somme, havent told Dh the bit about viewer wanting in b4 christmas, he wants one last xmas at home - whatever. Sentimental moi?
PMSL - just drag the sale out if DH is insistant!

Hope so, he said the market is quieter this time of year but is hopeful for the next week or so.

Worst bit is trying to keep everything lovely and clean and tidy in case people come noseying through the windows!!!!
I never thought of that. OMG how many people looked through my window when the house was a tip...................

Well - my viewer just left. Old guy - 60's, what he wants a family house for on his own I don't know BUT he LOVED IT! Unfortunately, he hasn't sold his house . Said the usual guff about not needing to sell before buying - but they all do and then they find out what it would cost!

He said he'd ring me - don't know why??? Just hope it's an offer!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:47 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Morning W2BT!

Good luck with the estimator. I'm dreading that bit. We have TOO MUCH stuffHope you and your OH feel better soon. It's so damn stressful isn't it How about a weekend away to escape from it all??

I'm running around like a looney cleaning again as we have a viewer at 12. Just hoping he is 'the one.' Unfortunately he is a Surveyor, so he will see all the faults in the house!
Good luck with the kids - ours are off next week for TWO WEEKS :eek
God help me if we have viewings then! Have a good day!

sorry fly i didnt mean to forget about you, how did your viewing go?
really dont think we'll have time to get away together, but i'm taking the children and going to stay with my sister for a couple of days next week, needs a bit of support shes separating from her husband feels like i'm deserting her when she needs me most
omg 2 weeks mine are already arguing

Morning everyone

Well.... today we have had a phone call from a rather peeved EA because I gave them 2 weeks notice, with a nice paragraph about how I am sure they will do their best to shift the property before then . He wasnt happy and started wittering on about his advice to drop price - I told him we were dropping with new agent. That shut him up! (didnt mention that new agent was easier on the eye

amazing how a viewer magically appears when needed good luck
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sorry fly i didnt mean to forget about you:

I know, I was very upset!

how did your viewing go?

Very well - he liked it - not sold though.

really dont think we'll have time to get away together, but i'm taking the children and going to stay with my sister for a couple of days next week, needs a bit of support shes separating from her husband feels like i'm deserting her when she needs me most

Your poor sis. Hopefully she'll be over the worst by the time you go. Not very relaxing for you though!
omg 2 weeks mine are already arguing

I've only got one, so arguing doesn't happen - just boredom, wants me to play all the time. Really hard as I work from home.

amazing how a viewer magically appears when needed Isn't it??
good luck
Well, so far, I'm having a good day. The last document which was stuck in the post, arrived this morning. FINALLY we can get our application in.

Just bloomin hope it's successful if we've sold the house.....................

Last edited by Fly Away; Oct 19th 2007 at 1:01 am.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:09 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Well, so far, I'm having a good day. The last document which was stuck in the post, arrived this morning. FINALLY we can get our application in.

Just bloomin hope it's successful if we've sold the house.....................

thats brill
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thats brill
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.