Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
at lunchtime our 7pm viewer rearranged for 5pm (wanted 3 but i still hadnt started cleaning the kitchen!!!)
then got call from other EA who had a viewer so booked them for 5.30.

Turns out first viewer wanted to look at the house a couple of weeks back but EA told them we had an offer and were off the market - even though we had asked them to keep sending viewers :curse:
anyway they seemed to really like the house - big grins from both of them all the way around.
so fingers crossed on that one

got call from second EA just before half 5 (first viewers still here!) to say that they hadnt been able to confirm the appointment so viewers probably werent coming - so trying to rearrange for tomorrow.

phew
i'm absolutely jiggered now - need a cup of tea and a sit down
i really need to sell this house - i dont think i can keep this up without having a nervous breakdown very soon
GRRRRR Tiggs - really hope you get and offer - and a decent one at that!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Tiggs hope they put an offer in, I am really tired can't wait to get on that plane and have a rest for a couple of weeks

Hope everyone has a good weekend
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:24 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
GRRRRR Tiggs - really hope you get and offer - and a decent one at that!
Originally Posted by somme
Tiggs hope they put an offer in, I am really tired can't wait to get on that plane and have a rest for a couple of weeks

Hope everyone has a good weekend
thanks guys - i have my fingers crossed
could do with ending the week on a high note

ok i'm off for now - going to try and find something to do other than post on BE
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys - i have my fingers crossed
could do with ending the week on a high note

ok i'm off for now - going to try and find something to do other than post on BE
you'll be back!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:41 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

you'll be back!
who me?
you know me so well

really going this time
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

who me?
you know me so well

really going this time
sure!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

who me?
you know me so well

really going this time
Are you still peeking? I've just logged on and you're going?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi Guys guess most of you are doing schools runs now! I've finished early and am on the beer!!
I am so lost in what people are doing now on this thread thought it might be a help if everyone could list the following:
Length on market.
Roughly how many viewings.
Ditto how many offers.
How many offers at or very near to asking price.
How much have you dropped by.
Do you need psychiatric help?
Thought it might help new people to thread too!!!
Have fun!!
Dan

Great idea - I'm only 6 hours late!
On Market 1 month accepted offer, off for 1 month, buyer pulled out, then 3 months. GRR
Viewings - 10
Offers - 2
Good offers - 1
Dropped - 26K
Had Psychiatric help - it didn't work!

Hope you enjoyed your beer!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Great idea - I'm only 6 hours late!
On Market 1 month accepted offer, off for 1 month, buyer pulled out, then 3 months. GRR
Viewings - 10
Offers - 2
Good offers - 1
Dropped - 26K
Had Psychiatric help - it didn't work!

Hope you enjoyed your beer!
hey you - were have you been? hope you didnt go and get a life or something silly!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Evening Everyone!

UPDATE - got a call at 3.05pm, the viewer doesnt wish to look at the house, they dont think the area is for them *sob* I wouldnt mind but that is the last 7/8 viewers who have done exact same thing.

I wonder if the EA could be doing more to get them IN the door, or if when they phone to cancel he is just saying okay thanks?

What makes me laugh is the price reflects the area - you are either going to have a fabby house in not so fabby area (like us) or a shitty house in nice area, you cant have both for this price:

I cant believe how stressful this is - although Im glad I sacked the EA.
Bloody good job you sacked that EA! They obviously aren't telling people the right things! :curse: :curse:

oh poor you - k on the way!
i guess they are looking at the house and thinking that is a good price and not really considering the area until they get there :
this is really your EAs job to sort out - sacking them seems a very good option to me ::
Agreed!

at lunchtime our 7pm viewer rearranged for 5pm (wanted 3 but i still hadnt started cleaning the kitchen!!!)
then got call from other EA who had a viewer so booked them for 5.30.

Turns out first viewer wanted to look at the house a couple of weeks back but EA told them we had an offer and were off the market - even though we had asked them to keep sending viewers
anyway they seemed to really like the house - big grins from both of them all the way around.
so fingers crossed on that one

got call from second EA just before half 5 (first viewers still here!) to say that they hadnt been able to confirm the appointment so viewers probably werent coming - so trying to rearrange for tomorrow.

phew
i'm absolutely jiggered now - need a cup of tea and a sit down
i really need to sell this house - i dont think i can keep this up without having a nervous breakdown very soon
Well, at least you know there is still interest in the house! Good luck for the rearranged viewing. Hope you get another offer REALLY soon and then you can ditch the unreliable buyers!

Originally Posted by want2bthere
thats good lets hope they like it enough and put a offer in. at least your EA getting you viewings, even though they shouldnt have stopped.
think they relax abit when you except a offer as we said we still wanted to be on the market and we still have our for sale board, BUT the picture in their office has sold on it, we dont go in paper anymore and i checked rightmove and were not on it!!!!!!!:
Lazy b*ggers! :curse: Also lying toe rags!

i had guessed that they had stopped marketing the house - we never had a rush of viewers but there had been a steady trickle - then the offer and co-incidentally no more viewers :
i should have pushed them about it - never mind i know for next time
are you going to to give the EA a nudge?
Yes, it would be a good idea!

Originally Posted by want2bthere
you know what even though i would love to have a moan at them i just cant be bothered at mo, and i dont think i've got the time to do viewing even if we had any, putting all my energy into getting things sorted in the hope that sale goes smoothly.

had estimator round this arvo, he is freelance so going to estimate for both pss and worldwide frieght, then i can take my pick. good news is that a 20ft is going to be plenty big enough. so maybe i can take stuff that i though i wouldnt::
Good luck with the organisation. I agree with Tiggs, force yourself to ask the EA to send anyone keen around.

ooh i had managed to miss this post
Isnt it amazing though how many viewers 'dont need to sell before they can buy' i wonder where they all get the money from :

fingers crossed he is telling the truth!
Thanks! For some reason everyone says this nowadays?? Just trying not to get my hopes up as several people have said this and we've not heard from them again. Hmm. Me thinks they just came for a nose.

However, he did seem to like the house VERY much. But if he can't pay for it, it doesn't matter how much he likes it!

We'll just have to wait and see. :
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hey you - were have you been? hope you didnt go and get a life or something silly!
LOL! I wish! No after the viewing this PM, I started the washing which I couldn't do before the viewing. Then I did the school run and got stuck in the mother of all traffic jams - bloomin half term coupled with motor way roadworks. GRRRRRRRRRR. After that I had to finish the washing, get the dinner and get a small child to bed. So I'm just back now!

Hope you're feeling a bit better after those bar stewards let you down today. At least you can take your anger out on the ex-EA. GRR

Last edited by Fly Away; Oct 19th 2007 at 9:34 am.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

LOL! I wish! No after the viewing this PM, I started the washing which I couldn't do before the viewing. Then I did the school run and got stuck in the mother of all traffic jams - bloomin half term coupled with motor way roadworks. GRRRRRRRRRR. After that I had to finish the washing, get the dinner and get a small child to bed. So I'm just back now!

Hope you're feeling a bit better after those bar stewards let you down today. At least you can take your anger out on the ex-EA. GRR
sounds like a run of the mill day as a mumma then? my girls were off school so at least i had no school run!

Had pounding head this arvo, think it must be the stress, but am off to the babyshow tomorrow in london for some retail therapy.... all i need now is a baby! lol
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sounds like a run of the mill day as a mumma then? my girls were off school so at least i had no school run!

Had pounding head this arvo, think it must be the stress, but am off to the babyshow tomorrow in london for some retail therapy.... all i need now is a baby! lol
Hope you have a good time at the babyshow. Just don't bring one home with you. LOL. You may come home broody though......................

Mine is off school for the next TWO weeks. AHHH.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Hope you have a good time at the babyshow. Just don't bring one home with you. LOL. You may come home broody though......................

Mine is off school for the next TWO weeks. AHHH.
oh *shudder* 2 weeks.

hmmm got me thinking now, i could buy a baby at the babyshow - one way of getting a boy lol. Too late for broodiness my ovaries are already aching. My job keeps me ticking over - im a birth doula (professional birth support)
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh *shudder* 2 weeks.

hmmm got me thinking now, i could buy a baby at the babyshow - one way of getting a boy lol. Too late for broodiness my ovaries are already aching. My job keeps me ticking over - im a birth doula (professional birth support)
I could have done with you when I had my daughter, flamin useless midwife... (but that is another story...).

It's not long until you get to Oz, can your ovaries last that long?? You know how the water goes down the plughole the other way in Oz, well maybe it works on bodily fluids too and you'll get a boy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.