Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i was quite happy doing my own viewings - as far as i am concerned noone knows my house better than me so i am in the best position to sell it
Dunno about that... EA's (good ones!) know how to 'sell' a house. We always made sure we were out of the way when EA came with buyers; mainly so we couldnt hear the bull and possibly say wrong things.

Could be wrong (um, as most of time!) and it could depend on the property...

I know this is auto-burble (as OH calls it) but its 7pm here, we are up at 5:30 for the flight so just chillin' - and watching OH repack everything (i'm not allowed anywhere near packing, i just 'make a mess and do it wrong').

Sending out lots to well-deserved selling 'k' to all if allowed
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:05 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walkermat
Still in Singapore - we did two nights to fully freshen up. Slight (VERY slight compared to all the woes on this thread at the mo) problem - got a Cold starting!!! OH brought it with her and suprise suprise i now have it. Eating lots of very spicy food to try and get rid of it (cold, not OH!! Although....). Sorry issy, staying at 'ParkRoyal on Kitchener Road' - had worst reviews ive seen for a hotel (Trailfinders auto-booked it :curse: We wanted to live it up in the Copthorne Waterfront!) but its ok actually. Nothing to write home (wherever that is now!) about but ok. Its good to stretch the legs and break the journey up and only £102 for the two nights.

Guys, you do seem to be having lots of EA probs! We went with a 'local' small EA in Cowes who was fantastic. OH got him to 1.25% and communication, viewings and help was great. My tip (Bushy, tell me i'm full of s**t if needed!) is to go with a very small but established EA as they have more to lose from bad publicity and tend to give a better service.

Ok, taking oar out again
hi mat
when is your onward flight?
are you flying to sydney and then on to canberra?

i have heard a lot of people say that they get a cold when they have been on an aeroplane - something to do with the air con/recycled air.

i think that eating lots of spicey food probably has more chance of getting rid of your OH than of getting rid of the cold

adele x
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:07 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

and watching OH repack everything (i'm not allowed anywhere near packing, i just 'make a mess and do it wrong').
it is a well known fact that blokes cant pack a suitcase - at least not if you want everything to arrive at the other end
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

it is a well known fact that blokes cant pack a suitcase - at least not if you want everything to arrive at the other end

Completely true!!

I could pack the entire contents of my wardrobe in one small case - my OH says it's like a miracle watching all the stuff coming out of the case the other end.

Mind you he has to carry the damn heavy cases. LOL.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Ha, ha, just got back and thats made me chuckle.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

We charge 1.5%. Some people like to be shown round by ea's as it takes the pressure off them. I though thats what you paid the ea to do. Hey what do i know?

Bushy the trainee EA.

i dont know of any EAs around here who do viewings as standard
maybe it is different depending on where in the country you are.
might also explain why the EAs % tend to be lower around here ...

i was quite happy doing my own viewings - as far as i am concerned noone knows my house better than me so i am in the best position to sell it
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

hi mat
when is your onward flight?
are you flying to sydney and then on to canberra?

i have heard a lot of people say that they get a cold when they have been on an aeroplane - something to do with the air con/recycled air.

i think that eating lots of spicey food probably has more chance of getting rid of your OH than of getting rid of the cold

adele x
Off at 9:30am local time, 02:30am tommorrow your time. Sydney then Canberra - no direct flights to Canberra

OH had the cold before we left UK. Reckon she got it from Brother-In-Law (still quizzing her about how close she was to him ). Still, on the plus side half the flight from UK probably has it now - we are bad people And i'll end up spreading it on the Sydney flight (folk really dont like it when i make 'bird flu' comments after sneezing ). Typical, i'm gonna end up arriving in my new home city full of the cold!! Got to be bad karma for being such a nasty piece of work

Hahahah, just before I read that (laying in bed writing this - resting!) OH said i stank of garlic so you could be right!

You all sound like you are having a hell of a time selling!! OH keeps asking me if yoo's have any good news and cant believe the cr*p you all are going thru. really do hope things go well soon for you all and we some real

Mat and Pamela
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:25 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Bushman
We charge 1.5%. Some people like to be shown round by ea's as it takes the pressure off them. I though thats what you paid the ea to do. Hey what do i know?

Bushy the trainee EA.
... arnt we all just trainees in the game of life ...

(ooh i have gone all philosophical!)
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

I am getting charged 1.6% and they will do viewings if they really have to but only monday-friday 9am-5pm
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloane46
I am getting charged 1.6% and they will do viewings if they really have to but only monday-friday 9am-5pm
They won't do Satudays??????
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fly Away
They won't do Satudays??????
Forgot to say 1.6% AHHHHHHHHHHHH

For that they should be cleaning the house before the viewers come too!

Great business idea - houseviewing cleaners! Copy right Fly away! You read it here first!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:45 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Forgot to say 1.6% AHHHHHHHHHHHH

For that they should be cleaning the house before the viewers come too!

Great business idea - houseviewing cleaners! Copy right Fly away! You read it here first!
Ours is 1.5 % .....don't deserve a penny IMO :curse:
sneaking a peek ...

Off at 9:30am local time, 02:30am tommorrow your time. Sydney then Canberra - no direct flights to Canberra

Hahahah, just before I read that (laying in bed writing this - resting!) OH said i stank of garlic so you could be right!

Mat and Pamela
yeah i found you cant do a direct flight to canberra - seems bizarre that you cant do a direct international flight to a country's capital city!

i have rellies in melbourne so we were thinking of flying there for a couple of days and then motoring up to canberra ... plus i still have to decide where to fly the dog to and how we get her the rest of the way

well at least if you stink of garlic nothing is going to disturb you from getting a good nights sleep
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OH had the cold before we left UK. Reckon she got it from Brother-In-Law (still quizzing her about how close she was to him ). Still, on the plus side half the flight from UK probably has it now - we are bad people rofl: And i'll end up spreading it on the Sydney flight (folk really dont like it when i make 'bird flu' comments after sneezing ). Typical, i'm gonna end up arriving in my new home city full of the cold!! Got to be bad karma for being such a nasty piece of work

You all sound like you are having a hell of a time selling!! OH keeps asking me if yoo's have any good news and cant believe the cr*p you all are going thru. really do hope things go well soon for you all and we some real

Mat and Pamela
Hi Mat and Pamela,

Hope you have a great flight.

Did you ever see that series in the 70's about a Worlwide plague, (The Survivors???). That's you in the title sequence at the airport spreading death and disease around the developed World.

Smooth landing in Canberra!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah i found you cant do a direct flight to canberra - seems bizarre that you cant do a direct international flight to a country's capital city!

i have rellies in melbourne so we were thinking of flying there for a couple of days and then motoring up to canberra ... plus i still have to decide where to fly the dog to and how we get her the rest of the way

well at least if you stink of garlic nothing is going to disturb you from getting a good nights sleep
We were going to fly via Sydney to stay with rellies, buy a car then motor to Adelaide. then someone told us that it would cost a bomb to re-register the car in SA. So now deciding whether we have to rent a one way car....

LOL poor Mrs Walkermat - no mile high club for her...... Sorry Mat couldn't resist!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.