Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Morning all

Hey bushy give us a clue how long do viewers normally wait before making an offer?My viewers came on Monday night and told the EA they were very keen on making an offer........still no offer
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Someone stop me slitting my wrists!!!!

ANOTHER fudging viewer didnt turn up last night :curse: that is the last 4 out of 6 in two weeks that have been no shows. *sob*

I spent the day scrubbing, tidying (and hiding) Dh came home from work early to take the kids out of the way - lets face it 6.30 isnt exactly the calmest time in my house usually.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Gonnago

ANOTHER fudging viewer didnt turn up last night :curse: that is the last 4 out of 6 in two weeks that have been no shows. *sob*

I spent the day scrubbing, tidying (and hiding) Dh came home from work early to take the kids out of the way - lets face it 6.30 isnt exactly the calmest time in my house usually.
Sent you some Karma chin up!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Bar Stewards! :curse::curse::curse: Did the EA turn up and not the viewer?? Does the EA know why they didn't turn up?? You must be SOOO annoyed!

Hope you get some better news today.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting if depressing article on the house market;

http://www.fool.co.uk/news/property-...oowftxt0010011
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for Karma Sloane

Fly away, we negotiated a low percentage with the EAs as they dont do viewings, but I seriously regret it now. I wish I had gone to the other EA who although were alot higher % they do all the viewings themselves.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Should be within the hour, or definitely within 24 hours usually. Might be waiting to see if they get a morgage arranged in principle. But this shouldn't take that long. Hmmm..... Keep on to your agent!

Originally Posted by sloane46
Morning all

Hey bushy give us a clue how long do viewers normally wait before making an offer?My viewers came on Monday night and told the EA they were very keen on making an offer........still no offer
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Viewings are soooo important and if you have a good positive salesman he or she will help sell the property for you. No offence but it's rare that an agent dosen't do the viewings, only out of work hours should you be doing them yourself.

Thanks for Karma Sloane

Fly away, we negotiated a low percentage with the EAs as they dont do viewings, but I seriously regret it now. I wish I had gone to the other EA who although were alot higher % they do all the viewings themselves.

Last edited by Bushman; Oct 3rd 2007 at 11:12 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Hate it when viewers don't turn up! You have my sympathies. The least they could do is let you know.

Karma vibes for all who need it!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bushman
Viewings are soooo important and you have a good positive salesman he or she will help sell the property for you. No offence but it's rare that an agent dosen't do the viewings, only out of work hours should you be doing them yourself.
Mind you all my viewings have been out of hours. It seems more and more of the agents in our town are stopping doing the viewings and offering a lower %.

I have just received a letter through the post from another EA asking if we could contact them as they think they could sell our house easily in this 'buoyant market'.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have just received a letter through the post from another EA asking if we could contact them as they think they could sell our house easily in this 'buoyant market'.
Hilarious! They must be desperate!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:15 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushman
Viewings are soooo important and you have a good positive salesman he or she will help sell the property for you. No offence but it's rare that an agent dosen't do the viewings, only out of work hours should you be doing them yourself.
i dont know of any EAs around here who do viewings as standard
maybe it is different depending on where in the country you are.
might also explain why the EAs % tend to be lower around here ...

i was quite happy doing my own viewings - as far as i am concerned noone knows my house better than me so i am in the best position to sell it
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:17 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you all my viewings have been out of hours. It seems more and more of the agents in our town are stopping doing the viewings and offering a lower %.

ask them to provide some sort of guarantee

sorry about your viewers - sending neg vibes to them and k to you!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

ask them to provide some sort of guarantee

sorry about your viewers - sending neg vibes to them and k to you!
Thanks T&G. I agree that I am not sure an agent could do anything more at a viewing than what I do, but an agent is going to query that to make them feel necessary (only joking Bushy mate). But if a viewer knows the EA has gone to effort to do a viewing it might make them more inclined to show?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Walkermat - where are you??

It's 7.27am in the Uk and I'll have to go and get dressed now and you're already on the thread. LOL.

Good luck today to everyone!
Still in Singapore - we did two nights to fully freshen up. Slight (VERY slight compared to all the woes on this thread at the mo) problem - got a Cold starting!!! OH brought it with her and suprise suprise i now have it. Eating lots of very spicy food to try and get rid of it (cold, not OH!! Although....). Sorry issy, staying at 'ParkRoyal on Kitchener Road' - had worst reviews ive seen for a hotel (Trailfinders auto-booked it :curse: We wanted to live it up in the Copthorne Waterfront!) but its ok actually. Nothing to write home (wherever that is now!) about but ok. Its good to stretch the legs and break the journey up and only £102 for the two nights.

Thanks for Karma Sloane

Guys, you do seem to be having lots of EA probs! We went with a 'local' small EA in Cowes who was fantastic. OH got him to 1.25% and communication, viewings and help was great. My tip (Bushy, tell me i'm full of s**t if needed!) is to go with a very small but established EA as they have more to lose from bad publicity and tend to give a better service.

Ok, taking oar out again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.