Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 21st 2007, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Hi there - how was your day out?
well my neighbours dog barked at one of my viewers a while back so she still owes me :

Graz is STILL out (over 9 hours so far today!) - think of the money is the last thing he said to me before he left - but i would still rather he was at home

The piggies are fantastic!!! They are sitting in the kitchen drying so we can paint them tomorrow!! (holiday project ) i will definitely add some pictures to my blog when they are done!

Things seem to have gone quiet with viewers for you at the moment are you going to keep trying to sell over christmas?
i was thinking about this yesterday and i guess there are probably only a couple of weeks left before it is too late for people buying to be in for christmas so i am expecting that the few viewers who are around will become fewer still

You dont need to rush on the PM - something like 7 weeks to go!!
OMG said like that it doesnt seem long at all maybe that should have been ONLY 7 weeks to go!!
My day out was good - we went to the South Wales Expats meet up! Met lots of nice people who are as mad as us and moving to the other side of the World! I rashly volunteered to organise the meet ups in the future as the current organiser is close to getting her visa!

Glad to hear the piggies were a success. Can't wait to see the piccies. We have the topic of 'Happiness' for our half term topic. I suggested sticking an empty chocolate wrapper to a piece of paper. Small child told me not to be silly.................

Hope Graz is home soon. It must be hard - especially with 2 little ones. Hopefully you'll get plenty of family time in 7 weeks time. AGHHHHHHHHHHHH 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just can't believe you'll be there by then!

Yup, we haven't had much interest lately - in fact since the sale fell through. Our last hope before Christmas is the man who viewed on Friday. After that I'm not sure what we'll do. We may try reducing the price again and putting with a new EA to try to reach people who haven't seen it. Not sure if I want it up for sale over Xmas - but the HIP thing might force us to keep it on the market.

We aren't in a hurry to sell as we don't have a visa BUT we would save a lot of money if we moved into a rented house. Also the online visas seem to be issued much faster - so we could be stuck in the UK trying to sell the house.

As you say, there are only a few weeks before the market comes to a standstill. Hope you get another offer before this happens.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
My day out was good - we went to the South Wales Expats meet up! Met lots of nice people who are as mad as us and moving to the other side of the World! I rashly volunteered to organise the meet ups in the future as the current organiser is close to getting her visa!

Glad to hear the piggies were a success. Can't wait to see the piccies. We have the topic of 'Happiness' for our half term topic. I suggested sticking an empty chocolate wrapper to a piece of paper. Small child told me not to be silly.................

Hope Graz is home soon. It must be hard - especially with 2 little ones. Hopefully you'll get plenty of family time in 7 weeks time. AGHHHHHHHHHHHH 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, we haven't had much interest lately - in fact since the sale fell through. Our last hope before Christmas is the man who viewed on Friday. After that I'm not sure what we'll do. We may try reducing the price again and putting with a new EA to try to reach people who haven't seen it. Not sure if I want it up for sale over Xmas - but the HIP thing might force us to keep it on the market.

We aren't in a hurry to sell as we don't have a visa BUT we would save a lot of money if we moved into a rented house. Also the online visas seem to be issued much faster - so we could be stuck in the UK trying to sell the house.

As you say, there are only a few weeks before the market comes to a standstill. Hope you get another offer before this happens.
Just read the above post and I didn't realise we live in the same area !!!
Where in South Wales are you from??

Zoe x
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tiggs,

Just read your blog - love the new layout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check it out everyone!

P.S. the 'add a comment' section has disappeared!

Zoe, have PM'd you.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:46 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tiggs,

Just read your blog - love the new layout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check it out everyone!

P.S. the 'add a comment' section has disappeared!

Zoe, have PM'd you.
Thanks
ooh you are right the add comments is missing on the individual entry pages - it is still on the main blog page tho
will have to get graz to sort it out
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks
ooh you are right the add comments is missing on the individual entry pages - it is still on the main blog page tho
will have to get graz to sort it out
I realised it was missing because I went to add a comment about how great the banner is! Graz is a clever man!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:04 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

I realised it was missing because I went to add a comment about how great the banner is! Graz is a clever man!
Flattery will get you everywhere

Graz

Last edited by Tiggs+Graz; Oct 21st 2007 at 8:05 pm. Reason: Signed in on wrong login :-)
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

City-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really niceCity-Babe is just really nice

Hi you seem to be in the same position as us, apart from we were granted our visa on 9th August. We had a sale fall through too it is so soul destroying especially as we have to have our visa's validated by 12th Dec 07, and if that sale had gone through we would be on our way. We have now booked a 3 week reccie in Nov to validate visa's, more money being lost. We put house on under market value but people just seem to want something for nothing nowadays, have you found this? We will drop it more when we come back to get rid as we just want to be starting our new life down under. Got a viewing this evening but not getting my hopes up, I just can't seem to now.
Fingers crossed for you and everyone else out there waiting for visa's and house buyers.
Caroline
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:49 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Its ages since we went to a meet - trouble is all the people who we used to see regularly have headed off and left us here

mmm chocolate - that would work for me

i know - 7 weeks
i dont know whether to be excited or scared stiff - and the worst bit is that i still cant finalise anything until graz gets the job offer in writing - i can see us having to sort everything in a fortnight!!

ooh yeah i had forgotten the HIP problem - what is the date that you have to have one anyway? I think it might be the start of january
If it is january then it wouldnt make much difference taking it off the market for christmas - i dont think i could cope with trying to keep the house 'viewer tidy' over the hols

ok this is the start of our 'new' house selling plan - going to drop the price with the EAs this morning and going to phone that house buying company again and get them to do their valuation - then they can give me a definite figure for settlement - dont really want to go down this route but the house HAS to go and i no longer have time to wait things out At least then we can move on which at the moment is more important than the money.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Its ages since we went to a meet - trouble is all the people who we used to see regularly have headed off and left us here

i know - 7 weeks
i dont know whether to be excited or scared stiff - and the worst bit is that i still cant finalise anything until graz gets the job offer in writing - i can see us having to sort everything in a fortnight!!

ooh yeah i had forgotten the HIP problem - what is the date that you have to have one anyway? I think it might be the start of january
If it is january then it wouldnt make much difference taking it off the market for christmas - i dont think i could cope with trying to keep the house 'viewer tidy' over the hols

ok this is the start of our 'new' house selling plan - going to drop the price with the EAs this morning and going to phone that house buying company again and get them to do their valuation - then they can give me a definite figure for settlement - dont really want to go down this route but the house HAS to go and i no longer have time to wait things out At least then we can move on which at the moment is more important than the money.
Morning Tiggs, sorry you are going down that route but it is time we all started our new lives, wonder how walkermat is doing.

Bushy should know about the hips where is he this morning.

Still got the grandson, forgot how much work goes into looking after a 7 yr old
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

HIPS....Are you trying to upset me?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Exchange rate going up slowly 2.30 this morning
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning everyone,

You won't believe this, but I only woke up half an hour ago!!!! I've been up early and gone to bed late for the last 9 days so I guess it's caught up with me! Small child got her self up and was playing on the computer when I found her! (It is half term!)

Flattery will get you everywhere
Graz
That's what I thought! It is great though, how did you get Cartman type drawings to I assume look like you??

Originally Posted by City-Babe
Hi you seem to be in the same position as us, apart from we were granted our visa on 9th August. We had a sale fall through too it is so soul destroying especially as we have to have our visa's validated by 12th Dec 07, and if that sale had gone through we would be on our way. We have now booked a 3 week reccie in Nov to validate visa's, more money being lost. We put house on under market value but people just seem to want something for nothing nowadays, have you found this? We will drop it more when we come back to get rid as we just want to be starting our new life down under. Got a viewing this evening but not getting my hopes up, I just can't seem to now.
Fingers crossed for you and everyone else out there waiting for visa's and house buyers.
Caroline
Hi Caroline, welcome to the thread! There are lots of us on here in house selling hell. I'm not too badly placed compared to some. On the positive side, Somme was in the same situation as yourself and booked a reccie. As soon as she did she got a buyer. S0ds law! Wishing you good luck with your sale. Hope the viewer tonight is 'the one'.

Ahh bless! never mind, we'll organise some meets in Adelaide!

I know, I don't understand why she is insisting on taking photos of her favourite things, uploading them to the DTP and manipulating them around a poem she has written! OMG, she spends FAR too much time on the computer! As we speak we are side by side on our lap tops! We had to get her one of her own as 2 computers between 3 didn't go!!! Watch out, this will happen to you!

i know - 7 weeks
dont know whether to be excited or scared stiff - and the worst bit is that i still cant finalise anything until graz gets the job offer in writing - i can see us having to sort everything in a fortnight!!:

I am so jealous of you - but at the same time I would be scared too! So much to do.

If it is january then it wouldnt make much difference taking it off the market for christmas - i dont think i could cope with trying to keep the house 'viewer tidy' over the hols :

I thought it was the start of Jan - but someone told me yesterday that it is later in the year because the 2 beds aren't covered yet. is this true Bushey???

DON'T REDUCE YOUR PRICE UNTIL AFTER THE HOUSE BUYING CO HAVE DONE THEIR VALUATION!!! They use the market value of your house as a starting point - and if it is on the market at that price they will reduce by 20% or whatever from there.

Originally Posted by somme

Morning Tiggs, sorry you are going down that route but it is time we all started our new lives, wonder how walkermat is doing.

Bushy should know about the hips where is he this morning.

Still got the grandson, forgot how much work goes into looking after a 7 yr old
Morning Somme, how are you today?

Know what you mean about a 7 year old!!!!
Welcome to my World! Walkermat must be offline. If he reads this, hope everything is going OK.

Originally Posted by Bushman
HIPS....Are you trying to upset me?
What's the lowdown Bushey? Are HIPs compulsory after Xmas or not??

Originally Posted by somme
Exchange rate going up slowly 2.30 this morning
YAY!! Thanks Somme!

Well, have to go and do some work and get some breakfast!

Good luck to everyone in house selling land. xxxx
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh my word the WPHS thread fell off the front page!

I'm just doing my ironing and checking status on the BE Barbie page to see if anyone has posted and it slipped of the

. . .

edge!

But it's OK, I managed to resurrect it!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

Hi there,just wanted to mention that i was told by the Estate asgent today that if you change agents as long as there is no break in between estate agents going from one to another etc you will not have to do HIPS if you were originally on the market before it came into place? Trying to double check this tonight when another agent calls round to give his spiel!! (you hear it once youve heard it a 1000 times before!) As long as they get the results i dont mind!! Good Luck to everyone still trying to sell
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Just waiting for buyer to come and have a second look , Put superman returns on for Grandson hope it keeps him entertained til she has gone

If any of you mums know how to keep a 7 yr boy entertained let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.