Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:03 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by somme
MY OH was laughing at me this weekend as he said I was talking to you lot like I would my friends, I said they are my friends
Originally Posted by Fly Away
I feel the same way Somme - there aren't many people in the World in our situation, so it's great to find like minded people amongst the few!
well you will notice that after my rubbishy (is that word?) day i am back on here talking to you lot
where else could i go knowing that someone who understands is going to sympathise and make me feel as if i am not alone
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
not sure the house buying companies are going to be any good for us now anyway - talked to the 'best' one again this morning and they are talking about lower offers due to the current market situation
the original offer was low enough to be ridiculous to start with - dont think i can (or even want to) go even lower ...

so we could be falling back to asking the EAs to get an offer at whatever they can

Bar stewards taking advantage of people's situations. :curse: :curse: :curse:

Like you say, the EA's probably can get you a better offer even if it is stil very low.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

well you will notice that after my rubbishy (is that word?) day i am back on here talking to you lot
where else could i go knowing that someone who understands is going to sympathise and make me feel as if i am not alone
No you're not alone.

You know I was telling a 'real life' friend about you yesterday. I actually said my friend from BE and then told them about your job offer and losing the house buyer on the same day etc.

I feel like I know you guys - are we a bit weird?? LOL.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:03 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

No you're not alone.

You know I was telling a 'real life' friend about you yesterday. I actually said my friend from BE and then told them about your job offer and losing the house buyer on the same day etc.

I feel like I know you guys - are we a bit weird?? LOL.
well if we are - we can be weird together
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well if we are - we can be weird together
That's reassuring!!

Wonder how Somme's viewing is going? Sounds promising that they've come back!

Haven't forgotten your PM. Just hunting round my sent messages because I sent someone an email detailing our trup to Adelaide and the Ocean rd. So that would be a good starting point!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

How's house selling land then? last time I was on here I was off to do my mashed potato's and I haven't been back since.
Been pretty peed off, the house still hasn't sold and I'm fed up at the moment.
Hope that you are all well and having better luck than me.
Christina
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

update; Right we have a viewer tomorrow - im not going to wet my panties just yet as the last 7 out of 9 hasnt bothered coming in grrrrr. (must add that isnt our kerb appeal, it is the area) Should I go all out and scrub house top to bottom as per usual, get kids looked after to make house look bigger, you know the usual effort, or shall I think Fudge it! and go for the homely lived in feel lol hmmmmm. Obviously going to have place clean and tidy but my heartbreaks when I go to effort and no one shows.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hey Christina - blimey that was some Mash potato - now sale here. Stressful isnt it! Good to see you though.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gonnago
update; Right we have a viewer tomorrow - im not going to wet my panties just yet as the last 7 out of 9 hasnt bothered coming in grrrrr. (must add that isnt our kerb appeal, it is the area) Should I go all out and scrub house top to bottom as per usual, get kids looked after to make house look bigger, you know the usual effort, or shall I think Fudge it! and go for the homely lived in feel lol hmmmmm. Obviously going to have place clean and tidy but my heartbreaks when I go to effort and no one shows.
Hi Gonnago, I had 3 viewers booked Saturday and the first 2 didn't turn up (s**t pots) and I had spent the morning getting everything ready, it does make you feel why did I bother, but it has to be done eh!! so I say, yep, boil the house, get rid of the kids and pray that this is the one. Good luck.
Christina
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

Thanks Woodys!

I know the bit about continuously on the market. However, I don't know when HIPs become compulsory even if you've had the house on the market continuously from before the cut off date in 2007. I thought it was1.1.08 when every property had to have one, irrespective of how long it had been on the market, but yesterday I was told that this is no longer the case as HIP's have not been rolled out to the 2 bed properties yet. I don't know if this is true! So that's what the EA needs to tell you!

Good luck with your sale! Have you got your visa yet?
No,we are just waiting like you do!meds and pcc are done and dusted,so JUST the stress of selling the house:curse:Wanted to really let my hair down and enjoy this crimbo but not in the best frame of mind at mo:curse:
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by christina225
How's house selling land then? last time I was on here I was off to do my mashed potato's and I haven't been back since.
Christina
Glad to see you back Christina! It is just SO annoying isn't it?? I try not to think about it too much.

Oh Gonnago, that's just so awful. The inconsiderate bleeps doing that to you. :curse: Hope that this viewer shows up. You should make your EA do the viewings, that way people are less likely to do a no show. GRRRR.

Originally Posted by woodys
No,we are just waiting like you do!meds and pcc are done and dusted,so JUST the stress of selling the house:curse:Wanted to really let my hair down and enjoy this crimbo but not in the best frame of mind at mo:curse:
I was just thinking that this morning. I want to cancel Christmas - don't think I'll be allowed to though.

Fingers crossed for you all!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:42 am
sneaking a peek ...

Evening all!

Originally Posted by christina225
Christina
house selling land is not good at the mo
i can certainly relate to being fed up! Never mind i am predicting that we are all going to get a rush of viewers this weekend

Ohh everything crossed that this ones turns up!!!
Trouble is if you dont go all out with the cleaning and they do turn up then you will kick yourself
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:44 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.
Well we are back on the market after 2 months off.
In that 2 months we have installed double glazing at the back of house (only the front had been done), we've replaced our kitchen cupboard fromts, 3 new bedroom carpets, all the fascias, soffit, guttering done.
We have also dropped the price by £5,000.

Really can't do any more. If we drop the price any more we can't afford to go as don't have a great deal of equity (unless Aussie house prices drop too).

We've been on for 5 days and had one viewer. they loved the house but 3rd bedroom too small. Doesn't matter too much though as they hadn't sold their own house.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi everyone.
Well we are back on the market after 2 months off.
In that 2 months we have installed double glazing at the back of house (only the front had been done), we've replaced our kitchen cupboard fromts, 3 new bedroom carpets, all the fascias, soffit, guttering done.
We have also dropped the price by £5,000.

Really can't do any more. If we drop the price any more we can't afford to go as don't have a great deal of equity (unless Aussie house prices drop too).

We've been on for 5 days and had one viewer. they loved the house but 3rd bedroom too small. Doesn't matter too much though as they hadn't sold their own house.
good luck hun
sam x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Saw the title and thought it was about me cos I'm trying to sell my housestill laughing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.