Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:15 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well! I was just very brave and just phoned the really nice woman from the family who viewed our house about 4 weeks ago. At the time they said they were really keen and in a position to buy without selling. They said they were going to do their sums and get back to us. We had heard nothing.

Anyway, I just rang them to ask if they had seen that we had dropped the price and it seems that they had done their sums and had come up short, so hadn't made an offer. The wife said they loved the house and would do their sums again.

I need some K's here for an offer before we have to go back to the shonky EA!
k's on there way, hope they can find the extra funds from somewhere, they might be able to stretch now that you've dropped abit

Rant away! I think you were remarkably restrained!! We have COMPLETED in 5 weeks before now - so 8 weeks to exchange seems reasonable. Had to laugh at this bit;

I WAS NOT ARWARE THAT I WOULD BE DEALING WITH COMPLETE INCOMPETENT MORONS

Did you say that???

Fingers crossed for you.
um no i skipped the last bit but i was thinking it does that count
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
k's on there way, hope they can find the extra funds from somewhere, they might be able to stretch now that you've dropped abit

Thanks for those!! Hope they work.

The family have 3 kids and a resident grandad, it's a 4 bed house, so they would ideally like 5 beds, so no one has to share. However we have 'servants quarters' (it's an old house) which wouldn't need much upgrading to make another bedroom. So they have factored this into the equation too.

um no i skipped the last bit but i was thinking it does that count
LOL. I'm sure it counts! I often poke my tongue at people on the phone. It makes me feel better anyway!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:25 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

just called singapore we can change flights upto a day before we're due to fly without any charges. but we have a round ticket and if we change to a one way ticket we dont get refunded the difference ( about £900), this day keeps getting better. and i really dont feel like taking kids to school hallowen disco, right get a grip you silly cow.........................

okay now, this is great it like self therpy
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

I bloody hope this is worth all the stress it is causing us all
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=want2bthere;5502031]just called singapore we can change flights upto a day before we're due to fly without any charges. but we have a round ticket and if we change to a one way ticket we dont get refunded the difference ( about £900), this day keeps getting better. and i really dont feel like taking kids to school hallowen disco, right get a grip you silly cow.........................

You can postpone the retun leg up to a year from the date you bought your tickets, so booking a return leg home next August to see family. Then I will buy a one way return buisness class
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

just called singapore we can change flights upto a day before we're due to fly without any charges. but we have a round ticket and if we change to a one way ticket we dont get refunded the difference ( about £900), this day keeps getting better. and i really dont feel like taking kids to school hallowen disco, right get a grip you silly cow.........................

okay now, this is great it like self therpy
Good news about the tickets.

Hope you enjoy the disco. We went to a kids party on Halloween - apart from a headache there were no lasting side effects. It'll help you forget the stress for a short while. Rant away on here if it helps!!

Originally Posted by somme
I bloody hope this is worth all the stress it is causing us all
It IS!!!! Just keep saying that!!

Thanks for the K's Reedy - just found them!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
[
You can postpone the retun leg up to a year from the date you bought your tickets, so booking a return leg home next August to see family. Then I will buy a one way return buisness class
Great idea Somme - you can use your airmiles from the first ticket to pay for the second ticket and reduce the cost too!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 5:08 am
so far so good

[QUOTE=somme;5502049]

they told me 6 months
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 6:04 am
so far so good

just spoke with supervisor at singapore, not happy with the fact that if i cancel tickets i'll only get £200 out 0f £2700 back it said nothing about this online when i booked tickets and they should supply customers with ALL the relevent information before booking, i know i can change dates before 30th nov without charge but i want to cancel and re-book one way buisness class, giving the circumsatances hes going to see what he can do and call me back on monday. i'm becoming the queen of complaining
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

just spoke with supervisor at singapore, not happy with the fact that if i cancel tickets i'll only get £200 out 0f £2700 back it said nothing about this online when i booked tickets and they should supply customers with ALL the relevent information before booking, i know i can change dates before 30th nov without charge but i want to cancel and re-book one way buisness class, giving the circumsatances hes going to see what he can do and call me back on monday. i'm becoming the queen of complaining
Good luck!

We flew Business last time and it made a huge difference - especially as we went straight through with just 3 hours in Dubai. It meant that we got some sleep - although not as much as we hoped due to the endless food!

Not sure if we'll do it this time as small child is nagging us to stop over in Singapore as she's never been.

Good luck sorting it out!!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

good luck with sorting it out want2bethere.

We have never done the journey before - I really want to go to do the 'teach inn uganda' and am going to be looking into how possible it is to do on way to Oz or whether to do it before we go. Would love to do singapore too.

Too many decisions.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
good luck with sorting it out want2bethere.

We have never done the journey before - I really want to go to do the 'teach inn uganda' and am going to be looking into how possible it is to do on way to Oz or whether to do it before we go. Would love to do singapore too.

Too many decisions.
That sounds good, I would love to get there via a trip round the World. Not sure if the finances would stretch though.

You're a much better person wanting to help other people.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:41 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

ooh fingers crossed they sort it out for you
i thought you had to validate your visa at the beginning of december? unless i am getting confused again How close are you getting?
i think i would be getting worried!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:51 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
I'm struggling to keep it together here at the min. My buyer seems to have gone AWOL (not answering messages left by EA) and I am trying real hard not to panic. I had hoped to exchange next week and we fly on 26th come what may. Im going to go have a bath and contemplate what the hell i do if he has pulled out
oh hell i hope everything is ok
huge amounts of karma coming your way
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:52 am
sneaking a peek ...

Well! I was just very brave and just phoned the really nice woman from the family who viewed our house about 4 weeks ago. At the time they said they were really keen and in a position to buy without selling. They said they were going to do their sums and get back to us. We had heard nothing.

Anyway, I just rang them to ask if they had seen that we had dropped the price and it seems that they had done their sums and had come up short, so hadn't made an offer. The wife said they loved the house and would do their sums again.

I need some K's here for an offer before we have to go back to the shonky EA!

Karma sent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.