Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Karma sent
Thanks Tiggs!

Hope it works!! Of course, now I am jumping a mile everytime the phone rings. LOL.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

OK goys need some help, he has sceamed all afternoon and you can tell it is ppain with his teeth and ears, he is asleep at the moment but in real pain. Mother said give him medised which I have done after him being sick all over OH as he came in from work, what about if he wakes in the night.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:25 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
OK goys need some help, he has sceamed all afternoon and you can tell it is ppain with his teeth and ears, he is asleep at the moment but in real pain. Mother said give him medised which I have done after him being sick all over OH as he came in from work, what about if he wakes in the night.
calpol is usually my painkiller of choice for a baby.
you can also get teething gel but i didnt find this made much difference for my kids.
i found something to chew on was the best remedy. Our youngest had a teething ring that you put in the fridge which he loved.
cant really suggest much else - other than trying to keep his mind off his teeth (which i realise is not easy overnight)

i hope he sleeps through for you
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

calpol is usually my painkiller of choice for a baby.
you can also get teething gel but i didnt find this made much difference for my kids.
i found something to chew on was the best remedy. Our youngest had a teething ring that you put in the fridge which he loved.
cant really suggest much else - other than trying to keep his mind off his teeth (which i realise is not easy overnight)

i hope he sleeps through for you

You can also give a dose of neurofen for babies at the same time as the medised - which is paracetamol based. Neurofen works best on inflamation, so it might be an idea. BUT - PLEASE check the labels and contents for dosages etc as I am 7 years out of date!

Good luck - at least you know what it is!

Hope he sleeps tonight.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone think I will go and get some sleep while I can speak to you tomorrow.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
Thanks everyone think I will go and get some sleep while I can speak to you tomorrow.
Night Somme - Good luck!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:21 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

ooh fingers crossed they sort it out for you
i thought you had to validate your visa at the beginning of december? unless i am getting confused again How close are you getting?
i think i would be getting worried!

yep beg of dec it is, and no i'm not panicking MUCH
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by want2bthere
Must be a nightmare!

I suppose you have to book your flights in time to arrive for your validation date and just go. I'm sure that the sale will be sorted by then, but what a worry.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:50 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Must be a nightmare!

I suppose you have to book your flights in time to arrive for your validation date and just go. I'm sure that the sale will be sorted by then, but what a worry.
i agree - arrange the flights for your validation date and just go. If it turns out your house is not complete then providing it is close you should be able to sign everything in advance and leave things with your solicitor to sort out ...

... and for goodness sake dont make that flight too close to your dates otherwise you will have me worried sick that your flight is delayed or something
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Fly Away;5503283]Must be a nightmare!

Did you have any joy with reducing house price???

We haven't heard a dickie bird - we may also have to consider renting or leaving without selling and leaving in hands of MIL and solicitor.

Lau x
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Reedy;5503412]
Originally Posted by Fly Away
Must be a nightmare!

Did you have any joy with reducing house price???

We haven't heard a dickie bird - we may also have to consider renting or leaving without selling and leaving in hands of MIL and solicitor.

Lau x
Evenin Lau,

Sorry you haven't had any luck with the price drop. What a bummer. Hopefully when the kids go back to school next week you will get some more viewings.

Hopefully you have enough time to sell before you go. It's good that you're making contingency plans though.

We have had no new interest since the price drop either . However, I let a previous viewer know today that the price has been cut and they are very keen - they couldn't afford it at the previous price. So we are hoping that they can scrape enough together now.

It's a desperate business isn't it?
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i agree - arrange the flights for your validation date and just go. If it turns out your house is not complete then providing it is close you should be able to sign everything in advance and leave things with your solicitor to sort out ...

... and for goodness sake dont make that flight too close to your dates otherwise you will have me worried sick that your flight is delayed or something
Hi Tiggs!

Like the new avator!! Very sexy! Did Graz chose it??

I think W2BT is in a bit of nightmare scenario there.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by want2bthere
Wow beg of Dec well you have a good 4 weeks, its suprising what turns up, look at us on Thursday good luck xxx

We instructed solicitor yesterday and he said 3 to 3 and a half weeks maximum!!! holy craaappp. We have checked and we need to validate our visa by first week in March so looks like we are going on a holiday in March for 3 weeks. Then come back to the uk rent until October and save lots of money as we will not have much after the sale, due to dropping price, we want to be secure for at leats a year when we emmigrate finally!!! oh and if we get our visa. Explained this to my mam and dad last night and they were like why you not going now you should have plenty money from the sale!!! Im thinking bite your tongue, they dont know our finacial situation but they want to know !!!

Hope you all have a good weekend, Im gonna be sorting clothes and paperwork out that we do not need !

Amanda xxx
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all!

Hope you all have a good Weekend selling!

Amanda - get packing!! Sounds like a good plan you've got there. As they say, fail to plan, prepare to fail!

I've dispatched my dter and OH to his mother's so that I have a day to clean up the total mess my house is in after half term. I daren't leave it too long in case we get a viewing. Although the messy house theory does work sometimes. LOL.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys - hope everyone is okay.
Somme I hope you managed to get some sleep, we are really going through it with the baby and teeth at the moment, medised is good stuff. At least you can hand bubba back, Im trying to ebay mine!

Had a viewing postponed this morning grrrr, :curse:so went and worked my ass of at the gym ready for this bond night in Adelaide. Am now waiting for another viewer. wish me luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.