Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

OMG Major development!! Some friends of ours ( much richer than us!!) have offered to buy our house off us for £5K under the asking price as an investment!! Can't believe it! Sure I will wake up in a minute!
Does anyone know what happens with the estate agent? Do we still have to pay them if we find the buyer ourselves?
Why does this have to happen when OH is at work??!!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinky2
OMG Major development!! Some friends of ours ( much richer than us!!) have offered to buy our house off us for £5K under the asking price as an investment!! Can't believe it! Sure I will wake up in a minute!
Does anyone know what happens with the estate agent? Do we still have to pay them if we find the buyer ourselves?

WOW!! Fantastic news!!

What lovely friends you have! Can you send them my way!

No, you do not have to pay the EA if the buyer is a friend who has never viewed with the EA. I would advise you to take your house off the market with the EA - don't mention your friends and then tell your solicitor about the 'unexpected' deal.

I'm so pleased for you!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away

WOW!! Fantastic news!!

What lovely friends you have! Can you send them my way!

No, you do not have to pay the EA if the buyer is a friend who has never viewed with the EA. I would advise you to take your house off the market with the EA - don't mention your friends and then tell your solicitor about the 'unexpected' deal.

I'm so pleased for you!!!
Thanks!! Feeling a bit sick now, must be the shock of it, wish OH would hurry home from work.:curse: Have looked at paperwork and have to give EA 14 days notice. It's going to look a bit strange, but will save us loads. Think we will have to get a HIP too if we take it off the market. Yes, they are great freinds and we will miss them loads.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!! Feeling a bit sick now, must be the shock of it, wish OH would hurry home from work.:curse: Have looked at paperwork and have to give EA 14 days notice. It's going to look a bit strange, but will save us loads. Think we will have to get a HIP too if we take it off the market. Yes, they are great freinds and we will miss them loads.
Hadn't thought about HIPs - work which is cheapest, the HIP or selling through the agent! You could put it up for sale privately through an online company like Houseladder.co.uk and avoid the HIP so long as the house was never off the market. (Costs about £50 for the basic package)

Also - before taking it off the market, make sure your friends can get the mortgage etc. They may mean what they say 100% but not be able to get the finance. Sorry to rain on your parade and I'm sure it will be fine, but better safe than sorry.

Good luck and have a fab evening celebrating!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

omg that is fantastic news - should have an easy ride of it now.
congratulations!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:04 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all!!

What have i missed today?
Have we had any offers?

I have spent the day at a health spa (friends hen party!) so i am all relaxed and chilled out this evening
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Hadn't thought about HIPs - work which is cheapest, the HIP or selling through the agent! You could put it up for sale privately through an online company like Houseladder.co.uk and avoid the HIP so long as the house was never off the market. (Costs about £50 for the basic package)

Also - before taking it off the market, make sure your friends can get the mortgage etc. They may mean what they say 100% but not be able to get the finance. Sorry to rain on your parade and I'm sure it will be fine, but better safe than sorry.

Good luck and have a fab evening celebrating!
Thanks, good idea re the online agent. Heads are spinning now!! Friends have an appointment with mortgage advisor on Thurs so not doing anything before then. Even then, it's a gamble leaving the EA as we have three offers (with chains) with them and would be a good fallback if this went wrong. Haven't a clue what we are going to do, OH is home now so off for a wine fuelled debate on the subject!!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:08 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news!!!

No you dont have to pay your EA - although your EA might say you do
My only concern is that business and friends dont mix especially well - so just make sure everyone is clear on exactly what is happening and keep the sale and your friendship as seperate as possible.

I guess it is a bit celebration for you this evening then
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:10 am
sneaking a peek ...

Thanks, good idea re the online agent. Heads are spinning now!! Friends have an appointment with mortgage advisor on Thurs so not doing anything before then. Even then, it's a gamble leaving the EA as we have three offers (with chains) with them and would be a good fallback if this went wrong. Haven't a clue what we are going to do, OH is home now so off for a wine fuelled debate on the subject!!
i am sure that your EA is not going to complain if you go back to them re the other offers - after all they would then get paid where they are not currently going to
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:18 am
sneaking a peek ...

Hi Tiggs!

Like the new avator!! Very sexy! Did Graz chose it??

I think W2BT is in a bit of nightmare scenario there.
Hi there
no graz didnt choose the avatar - if he had princess leia would have been in a gold bikini
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Evening all!!

What have i missed today?
Have we had any offers?

I have spent the day at a health spa (friends hen party!) so i am all relaxed and chilled out this evening
Evening Tiggs - sounds like a lovely day! My OH and DD went to the MIL for the day and I've tidied up the house after the half term carnage! So not quite as relaxing.

Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out. Have a good wine fueled discussion. Don't forget the EA will happily take commission on sales from the 3 offers you've already had - so they will certainly let you know any developments if you ask them to!!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:32 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

She might have had a relaxing day, after my day with the kids I feel like one of the marines in Aliens.... after the first attack
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by graz79
She might have had a relaxing day, after my day with the kids I feel like one of the marines in Aliens.... after the first attack
PMSL! Welcome to my World, somehow, I work from home too.......

Like the new avator, guess mine looks daft now. I daren't go looking for naked men again. have to wrack my brains for something original......................
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What do you think? Kinda appropriate given our recent discussion!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:45 am
sneaking a peek ...

PMSL! Welcome to my World, somehow, I work from home too.......

Like the new avator, guess mine looks daft now. I daren't go looking for naked men again. have to wrack my brains for something original......................
I was just looking at princess leia and thinking she looks a little tense - i need a much more chilled out avatar for this evening ... i think i should go to the health spa more often i feel great

i did have to laugh when i finished my back massage and the therapist said she had noticed that i had some knots - i was more surprised that she found some back that wasnt in a knot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.