Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:28 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Wohoooooo!!! Meds cleared Fly Away, that's one thing off your mind!!!

8am???? Wow, they are keen. Am thinking of you, the waiting is the worst part.

All the best Tracy in your exciting journey, Fly Away is right, things do have a way of working themselves out. Have a safe journey.

Hi Flutterby, glad you have another buyer...will be keeping everything crossed for you that it all goes through smoothly. I have more grey hairs than last year...that's for sure.

Nickywes, am keeping everything crossed for you.

Hello Tiggs and Graz!

Hi Gonnago, you doing ok? Won't be long until you get your visas.

Hope Beth is doing ok.

Well, called solicitors this morning...still waiting for the paperwork to come back, if nothing in the post today, they are calling to chase them up (and of course, it needed me to call them and tell them that we are out of the country in 15 days to get them to do this).

Hi J, all the best, keeping everything crossed.
Hi SW how are you today? I have got so much to do but just can't be arsed today.

My darling son, passed his driving test in January after 11 days of his 17th birthday, the following Friday wrote off his car and the one he hit and then two weeks later got 3 points for speeding. Trouble is he is on my insurance and they are disputing that he should be driving, even though he is insured. Oh well 3 more points and he will have the licence taken away and go back to provisional.

Fed up keep fighting things like this.

Nicky
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I hope they aren't going bust - as it means you won't get good service until you change. It's hard to judge EAs but, the things I use are;

Internet exposure. Are they on Rightmove and Fish4Homes etc?? If not, you are at a disadvantage.

Then there is commission. Can you knock any of them down? We are only being charged 1% on our properties as they all agreed to match the lowest quote....

Then there is service. Try ringing up a few and seeing if they answer the phone - can tell you about a property etc. If they can't, then they can't tell a genuine enquirer either.

Then there is opening and viewing times, will they do evenings and weekends???

All things to think about...
The first EA we were with went under, only to resurface months down the line. They would not provide us with a board, put us on RM and had acouple of local offices closed down. OH heard later that they had been taken over and started again...the boards that were so hard to come by are finally popping up...seven months later.

Will never forget the final conversation with one of the workers there...if you were trying to sell your house, would you be happy to be treated the way we had...her reply..no I wouldn't.

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I hope they aren't going bust - as it means you won't get good service until you change. It's hard to judge EAs but, the things I use are;

Internet exposure. Are they on Rightmove and Fish4Homes etc?? If not, you are at a disadvantage.

Then there is commission. Can you knock any of them down? We are only being charged 1% on our properties as they all agreed to match the lowest quote....

Then there is service. Try ringing up a few and seeing if they answer the phone - can tell you about a property etc. If they can't, then they can't tell a genuine enquirer either.

Then there is opening and viewing times, will they do evenings and weekends???

All things to think about...
Thanks Nic will have a ring round today. Am on a mission now.
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Wohoooooo!!! Meds cleared Fly Away, that's one thing off your mind!!!

8am???? Wow, they are keen. Am thinking of you, the waiting is the worst part.

All the best Tracy in your exciting journey, Fly Away is right, things do have a way of working themselves out. Have a safe journey.

Hi Flutterby, glad you have another buyer...will be keeping everything crossed for you that it all goes through smoothly. I have more grey hairs than last year...that's for sure.

Nickywes, am keeping everything crossed for you.

Hello Tiggs and Graz!

Hi Gonnago, you doing ok? Won't be long until you get your visas.

Hope Beth is doing ok.

Well, called solicitors this morning...still waiting for the paperwork to come back, if nothing in the post today, they are calling to chase them up (and of course, it needed me to call them and tell them that we are out of the country in 15 days to get them to do this).

Hi J, all the best, keeping everything crossed.
Hi SW,

Bloomin' solicitors. Hopefully they'll get their fingers out now.

Last edited by Off2Oz; Mar 31st 2008 at 10:33 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi SW how are you today? I have got so much to do but just can't be arsed today.

My darling son, passed his driving test in January after 11 days of his 17th birthday, the following Friday wrote off his car and the one he hit and then two weeks later got 3 points for speeding. Trouble is he is on my insurance and they are disputing that he should be driving, even though he is insured. Oh well 3 more points and he will have the licence taken away and go back to provisional.

Fed up keep fighting things like this.

Nicky
Oh Nicky, sorry to hear about your son and the car situation. Is he ok? Why are they disputing about him driving if he is insured??

OH got his licence and wrote off his parents car within a week of passing the test, he then didn't drive for three years, when he was let loose on my Fiat Panda!!

Sending hugs your way, you have enough on your plate.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hi SS,

Bloomin' solicitors. Hopefully they'll get their fingers out now.
Yeah, I hope so too.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:46 pm

Oh Nicky, sorry to hear about your son and the car situation. Is he ok? Why are they disputing about him driving if he is insured??

OH got his licence and wrote off his parents car within a week of passing the test, he then didn't drive for three years, when he was let loose on my Fiat Panda!!

Sending hugs your way, you have enough on your plate.
The reason they are disputing is that they say a lot of parents insure the car in their names because it makes it cheaper, which is exactly right but they do load it even so. He has an S reg fiesta and they are charging £1200 a year in my name with 9 years no claims bonus, so how is that not loading it? I don't even pay that on my car. He was fine but I want to kill him.

They have asked what cars we have in the family and what percentage of use for each one for each person. Well between the lot of us we have 2 trucks, my car, his car and the girls have a mini each. Also they take a £500 excess because it was him driving so take that off and they are quibbling about something like £3-500. Bloody idiots.

N x
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:01 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

The reason they are disputing is that they say a lot of parents insure the car in their names because it makes it cheaper, which is exactly right but they do load it even so. He has an S reg fiesta and they are charging £1200 a year in my name with 9 years no claims bonus, so how is that not loading it? I don't even pay that on my car. He was fine but I want to kill him.

They have asked what cars we have in the family and what percentage of use for each one for each person. Well between the lot of us we have 2 trucks, my car, his car and the girls have a mini each. Also they take a £500 excess because it was him driving so take that off and they are quibbling about something like £3-500. Bloody idiots.

N x
Hi Nicky,

What a pain for you. It's not what you need right now.

Bloomin' insurance companies, they really try their hardest to get out of paying out.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hi Nicky,

What a pain for you. It's not what you need right now.

Bloomin' insurance companies, they really try their hardest to get out of paying out.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Thanks for that, you are right it is one thing that I could do without sorting. Trouble is he is still driving around and what happens if something else goes wrong.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:12 pm
aka bunja

Thanks for that, you are right it is one thing that I could do without sorting. Trouble is he is still driving around and what happens if something else goes wrong.
Let's hope he realises what he's doing and drives more carefully from now on.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Hi guys, been lurking for a while house has been on the market since friday, had a veiwing on saturday, feedback was that they really wanted a double garage so never mind a couple of details need to be changed or added but if anyone is interested it can be found at www.blueskyestateagents.co.uk
ref :86 i'll keep you updated on our situation
Gary
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Hi guys, been lurking for a while house has been on the market since friday, had a veiwing on saturday, feedback was that they really wanted a double garage so never mind a couple of details need to be changed or added but if anyone is interested it can be found at www.blueskyestateagents.co.uk
Gary
I spot a shaggy rug in the living room, where's Beth!!!

Nice house Gary, should sell no problem.

Nicky x
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Thanks Nicky, yes beth lent it to us managed to get the marks out though
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:30 pm

Thanks Nicky, yes beth lent it to us managed to get the marks out though
Yuuuuuk
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

N x
Glad he is ok, wow, insurance companies 'eh? What a joke. I was the only one out of my friends who went straight onto their own insurance...everyone else was on their parent's policy (trust me to be different ). Hope that it gets sorted quickly and they back down.

Gary
Hi there...sorry, was trying to be nosy, but can't find where you put the reference number in. Fingers crossed for you.

Last edited by Sparky wife; Mar 31st 2008 at 11:48 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.