Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:58 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

[QUOTE=Off2Oz;6139044]Oh no, I do the shopping list. I am the chef in the house and THAT IS THAT.

He leaves notes like, "are you going to hoover today" or "need more bog roll in the downstairs loo". The reason he doesn't go and get it is because he doesn't want to wake the kids (he says)

It wouldn't matter if he did have his phone, as I always forget to take mine out . So he wouldn't be able to get hold of me anyway.

Morning - couldn't leave this one out. I would absolutely go potty if Paul left me a note with that on. He wouldn't dare!

Originally Posted by somme
Morning/evening all, don't dispair as Oz house prices are coming down much more than Uk's as the high interest rates are really biting and all those who had 4 and 5 houses to rent out are now selling

Fly have you seen the grief I am getting on the poll, couldn't beleive I missed so many place's off.

Could you all vote on my poll please, where are you heading to in Australia, cheers everyone
Done it

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I know, they are all upset that 'other' was their option.... I did notice that the complainers were already in Oz so shouldn't have been voting!

I hope prices start to drop in Adelaide soon. That might trigger the interest rate to improve too (from our perspective - not yours!)

How are you this morning - still happy after your good weekend?

Morning Fly, lets hope viewers have the apartment. At least you don't have to keep cleaning that one with nobody living in it.

Hope everybody has a good day today. Was going to start clearing the garage out today but did so much yesterday that I did my back in again. Have to do paperwork instead.
Nicky xx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
hello !
Hellloooooo

Hi Tracy - how's it going? All packed???

Beth's OH's grandmother died on Friday. She came on to say they couldn't make the meet and haven't been on since. I presume they are busy / away from home etc. Hope that they are OK.

Not quite coming back to finish this morning,

Poor Beth
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Well, my good news for the day is that our meds cleared at the LCU!! Now just got to wait for the visa....

Originally Posted by mOZzy
ohhh i love your style ::

I am going to be as naughty as my OH is to me!

my OH always forgets to tell me if his things run out and only tells me when i actually come back from shopping ... tough :

My OH does that too. I do a humongous shop, all by myself, struggle with 27 bottles of pop etc and then I get home to find a new shopping list ....GRRR

i've got everything crossed that one of them is the right one!!!!

Thanks Mozzy. I am waiting for the EA to ring to fix a date / time. I don't know whether to clean my house or whether that would jinx it.

i am so with you on this one!!!! please interest rate - improoooooove!!! - oh, and that prices drop in adelaide
I hope that too but I meant exchange rates. Too late at night.

Morning - couldn't leave this one out. I would absolutely go potty if Paul left me a note with that on. He wouldn't dare!

I would go potty at my OH too - although to be honest, he never notices if somethng needs cleaning anyway.:GRRR:

Morning Fly, lets hope viewers have the apartment. At least you don't have to keep cleaning that one with nobody living in it.

Thanks Nicky - that's not too bad - just a quick dust. It's the house we hopefully have 2 viewers for.

Hope everybody has a good day today. Was going to start clearing the garage out today but did so much yesterday that I did my back in again. Have to do paperwork instead.
Nicky xx[/QUOTE]

Hope your back gets better soon. It's tomorrow the nice looking man is doing the 2nd viewing isn't it??? Good luck!

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Poor Beth
You've done so well Tracy - hats off to you. I bet this has been the most stressful bit. Now just the exciting bit to look forward to.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

Hi guys, just wanted to say I feel your pain. Have been following this thread for a few weeks as we are in the same position as you all. Our house went on the market this time last year before we even had the visas and had one sale fall through late 2007, then nothing. We have just "sold" to some FTBs (for significantly less) but the stress doesn't go away does it, not until I hear the magic words, CONTRACTS EXCHANGED!!!!!

Anyway, I really, really hope that things get moving for those of you who desperately need to sell quickly. No-one can possibly know how stressful the immigration process is and then to have to deal with this housing market. I am surprised we have any hair left!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:02 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

OMG i have internet access

it has only been four months .... what have i missed

dont know where to start now - how am i ever going to catch up?

Tiggs
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

TIGGs!!!! welcome back honey.

Hope things are going well for you....we have really missed you.

Update erm, Fly still here bless her, I am at my dads, completed 2 weeks ago. still awaiting visa......

still all as nuts as ever.

there you have caught up now.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
OMG i have internet access

it has only been four months .... what have i missed

dont know where to start now - how am i ever going to catch up?

Tiggs

TIGGS!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

How are you??? Great to see you online. It will take you a month to read the WPHS! The news - Gonnago completed last week!!! As you can see, I'm STILL here. Lots of new people have joined and a couple have sold. Lots have flown out without selling.... There you go!

You will have to fill us in with all your news!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:44 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hellloooooo

Poor Beth
Hi Tracy, you have done so well and how envious am I that you are going.
Hope house sells real soon.

Morning all,

Well, my good news for the day is that our meds cleared at the LCU!! Now just got to wait for the visa....

I would go potty at my OH too - although to be honest, he never notices if somethng needs cleaning anyway.:GRRR:

Thanks Nicky - that's not too bad - just a quick dust. It's the house we hopefully have 2 viewers for.

Nicky xx
Hope your back gets better soon. It's tomorrow the nice looking man is doing the 2nd viewing isn't it??? Good luck!

You've done so well Tracy - hats off to you. I bet this has been the most stressful bit. Now just the exciting bit to look forward to.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realise the viewings were for the house, will keep everything crossed. Hunky man coming with wife at 11am tomorrow. Part of me thinks they will cancel, god knows why but Paul thinks these are the buyers because they waited for us to get back from Cornwall. Who knows.

Nicky xx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by nickywes

You've done so well Tracy - hats off to you. I bet this has been the most stressful bit. Now just the exciting bit to look forward to.
Didn't realise the viewings were for the house, will keep everything crossed. Hunky man coming with wife at 11am tomorrow. Part of me thinks they will cancel, god knows why but Paul thinks these are the buyers because they waited for us to get back from Cornwall. Who knows.

Nicky xx[/QUOTE]
Oh sorry, well done on meds clearing, won't be long now.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Flutterby
Hi guys, just wanted to say I feel your pain. Have been following this thread for a few weeks as we are in the same position as you all. Our house went on the market this time last year before we even had the visas and had one sale fall through late 2007, then nothing. We have just "sold" to some FTBs (for significantly less) but the stress doesn't go away does it, not until I hear the magic words, CONTRACTS EXCHANGED!!!!!

Anyway, I really, really hope that things get moving for those of you who desperately need to sell quickly. No-one can possibly know how stressful the immigration process is and then to have to deal with this housing market. I am surprised we have any hair left!
Hi Flutterby!

Welcome to the WPHS. You've had it tough. We can feel your pain too. Glad that you have finally got another buyer. The stress is terrible though as you fear for the worst all the time!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nicky xx

Oh sorry, well done on meds clearing, won't be long now.
Morning Nicky,

Fingers crossed for Tracy - things do have a habit of working out in the end.:thumbsup

Fingers crossed for you too - they must be keen if they waited and came back. Hopefully they are sensible people and make sensible decisions - although they sound like they might be quite slow... I really hope they make an offer. It would be a weight off your mind.

Our EA woke me up at 8am putting up the new sign - at least they are keen!

They should be ringing today to firm up the 2 viewings - BUT I am trying not to rely on this... don't want to clean up just in case they don't come etc... It is a horrible feeling when you don't know what to do for the best...
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:10 pm

Morning Nicky,

Fingers crossed for Tracy - things do have a habit of working out in the end.:thumbsup

Fingers crossed for you too - they must be keen if they waited and came back. Hopefully they are sensible people and make sensible decisions - although they sound like they might be quite slow... I really hope they make an offer. It would be a weight off your mind.

They should be ringing today to firm up the 2 viewings - BUT I am trying not to rely on this... don't want to clean up just in case they don't come etc... It is a horrible feeling when you don't know what to do for the best...
Oh I really hope they firm up the viewings. I think our EA may, as you said, be going under as he did not advertise last week, we haven't been in paper now for two weeks. He was supposed to put boards up week before last and hasn't so if this buyer doesn't have it we are going to change EA's. Trouble is how do you choose which one, there are so many.

Nic xx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:18 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Morning FA,

Great news about your meds. Shouldn't be too long until you get your grant then. Mine was about 4 weeks roughly.

Originally Posted by Flutterby

Welcome to the thread Flutterby.

This house selling is such a pain. Fingers crossed you get your exchange very soon.

I have extra lines on my face since I started this whole process.

Morning Nicky,

Fingers crossed for Tracy - things do have a habit of working out in the end.

They are keen aren't they. Let's hope it's the sign of things to come.

I'm in the same dilemma myself this morning. I don't know whether to clean or not to clean.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Wohoooooo!!! Meds cleared Fly Away, that's one thing off your mind!!!

8am???? Wow, they are keen. Am thinking of you, the waiting is the worst part.

All the best Tracy in your exciting journey, Fly Away is right, things do have a way of working themselves out. Have a safe journey.

Hi Flutterby, glad you have another buyer...will be keeping everything crossed for you that it all goes through smoothly. I have more grey hairs than last year...that's for sure.

Nickywes, am keeping everything crossed for you.

Hello Tiggs and Graz!

Hi Gonnago, you doing ok? Won't be long until you get your visas.

Hope Beth is doing ok.

Well, called solicitors this morning...still waiting for the paperwork to come back, if nothing in the post today, they are calling to chase them up (and of course, it needed me to call them and tell them that we are out of the country in 15 days to get them to do this).

Hi J, all the best, keeping everything crossed.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh I really hope they firm up the viewings. I think our EA may, as you said, be going under as he did not advertise last week, we haven't been in paper now for two weeks. He was supposed to put boards up week before last and hasn't so if this buyer doesn't have it we are going to change EA's. Trouble is how do you choose which one, there are so many.

Nic xx
I hope they aren't going bust - as it means you won't get good service until you change. It's hard to judge EAs but, the things I use are;

Internet exposure. Are they on Rightmove and Fish4Homes etc?? If not, you are at a disadvantage.

Then there is commission. Can you knock any of them down? We are only being charged 1% on our properties as they all agreed to match the lowest quote....

Then there is service. Try ringing up a few and seeing if they answer the phone - can tell you about a property etc. If they can't, then they can't tell a genuine enquirer either.

Then there is opening and viewing times, will they do evenings and weekends???

All things to think about...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.