Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:08 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gonnago
I forgot to pay my milkman when I left
Tut, tut. You'll have to go back and pay him.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:09 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks hun. The weather is often beautiful here and crappy down the road.... I think the wind blows the clouds away. You lot don't believe me when I say it's sunny....

Thank goodness you stopped Sparky hub watching that program! I don't know if you have time, but maybe a hypnosois session would help him??? Or get the GP to prescribe one sedative to be taken half an hour before you board???

Sounds like you have things under control. I hope there will be no last minute panics and your last 2 weeks are peaceful.

Fingers crossed for the car too.

LOL, you know Nicky, I hate that bathroom!! Most of the decor in our house was done by the people before us who were an older couple. That bathroom was so dismal we had to have extra lights fitted. We didn't bother to redecorate as we were going to move a wall and so we were waiting until then - of course we never did it. All the furniture came from our last house and we never got round to replacing it either...

Gazclaire's house is so clean and modern. One day I will have a house like that!! (Probably after OH and DD move out.)
That's funny about the bathroom. I thought it looked really good. I want a penthouse apartment overlooking the sea with just me and Paul in (if he behaves himself that is).

Originally Posted by Icarus
you really think they are ?
Don't know but most probably, they are a new internet based one and what a time to start up. He only has about 5/6 houses on his books and most are SOLD STC, except ours
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

nahhhh - I really fancied my milkman, and then a week before we left he sold his round to someone else. If it had been 'my' milkman I wouldnt have forgotten!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:12 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

nahhhh - I really fancied my milkman, and then a week before we left he sold his round to someone else. If it had been 'my' milkman I wouldnt have forgotten!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:13 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes

Don't know but most probably, they are a new internet based one and what a time to start up. He only has about 5/6 houses on his books and most are SOLD STC, except ours
aghhh i see , it don't look good does it
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:15 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

feel really cheesed off
Me too Ic, why can you be so happy one day and pissed off the next.

that poor milkman

Originally Posted by Flutterby
I think you can get so caught up in house selling and the stress that goes with that as well as financial ramifications that you can lose focus on what you are aiming at. All we seem to talk about is the house, the buyers and the money we might lose. BUT this is all for a reason. You wouldn't have started this if you didn't think that you could have a better life down under.

Woe betide anyone who asks me how the house selling is going. I haven't told anyone about this one! Even the milkman...!
Same here, all we talk about is house selling and stopping business etc. where is all the fun.

I forgot to pay my milkman when I left
I might just do that too.

Mine is ugly and thick just like the EA - well actually not that bad!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

My god scott where did you get that photo of 'my' milkman from?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:19 am
Handsome Internet Guy

< pulls off his latex mask .... TA DA !!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

LOl, you lot are mad. (Why state the obvious??)

We don't have a milkman - road too steep for a milk float or something... could also be to do with the fact that none of us like milk....

I can just see Hayles in her skimpy nightie on the doorstep, batting her eyelids at the milky..
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Thanks SW yes we love the house , great for entertaining and the dining table top lifts off to reveal a full size pool table, the neighbours love it as well.
It does look fab, seriously, does your dining room table really do that?

Thanks hun. The weather is often beautiful here and crappy down the road.... I think the wind blows the clouds away. You lot don't believe me when I say it's sunny...

LOL, you are in a good spot then wind wise!

Thank goodness you stopped Sparky hub watching that program! I don't know if you have time, but maybe a hypnosois session would help him??? Or get the GP to prescribe one sedative to be taken half an hour before you board???

Unfortunately Fly Away, he won't. He wants to do it solo. I am not allowing him to work me up, or upset me regards the flight, because if you listen to him, in 15 days time, our lives are very likely to end. I know I sound horrible, but the old phrase is true, you can lead a horse to water...

Sounds like you have things under control. I hope there will be no last minute panics and your last 2 weeks are peaceful.

Just added more the the list ...but simple things, thankfully.

Fingers crossed for the car too.

Thanks, glad you are feeling better.

LOL, you know Nicky, I hate that bathroom!! Most of the decor in our house was done by the people before us who were an older couple. That bathroom was so dismal we had to have extra lights fitted. We didn't bother to redecorate as we were going to move a wall and so we were waiting until then - of course we never did it. All the furniture came from our last house and we never got round to replacing it either...

Gazclaire's house is so clean and modern. One day I will have a house like that!! (Probably after OH and DD move out.)
Funny, cause I think the bathroom is lovely too!

feel really cheesed off
Sending hugs your way Icarus. Hope you feel better soon.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hi FA, definitely think these pictures are better. The garden looks really nice: My kids would love the play centre you've got.

Getting to you as well, Ic? Know how you feel.

I've got a black cloud over my head at the moment. It started yesterday and I can't shift it. No-one to talk to about it apart from you lot. *sigh*

I really thought the guys on Saturday were the ones, and I allowed myself to get my hopes. I won't be doing that again in a hurry.(
More hugs coming your way J.

Originally Posted by Flutterby
I think you can get so caught up in house selling and the stress that goes with that as well as financial ramifications that you can lose focus on what you are aiming at. All we seem to talk about is the house, the buyers and the money we might lose. BUT this is all for a reason. You wouldn't have started this if you didn't think that you could have a better life down under.

Very true.

Woe betide anyone who asks me how the house selling is going. I haven't told anyone about this one! Even the milkman...!
LOL!

Last edited by Sparky wife; Apr 1st 2008 at 2:02 am.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:12 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
It does look fab, seriously, does your dining room table really do that?

Funny, cause I think the bathroom is lovely too!

Sending hugs your way Icarus. Hope you feel better soon.

More hugs coming your way J.

LOL!
thanks , am ok ... just a tad down .. need a laugh
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:12 am
Handsome Internet Guy

LOl, you lot are mad. (Why state the obvious??)

We don't have a milkman - road too steep for a milk float or something... could also be to do with the fact that none of us like milk....

I can just see Hayles in her skimpy nightie on the doorstep, batting her eyelids at the milky..
i don't like milk either . only boiled
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Sparkey wife, i'll try and put a picture on here if i can of the pool table.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pmsl Fly, skimpy nighty eh? those were the days, more likely to be wincy pjs these days having said that there has been alot of talk of trying for number 4 this week so maybe have to fish out the lingerie again.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl Fly, skimpy nighty eh? those were the days, more likely to be wincy pjs these days having said that there has been alot of talk of trying for number 4 this week so maybe have to fish out the lingerie again.
The milkman's in luck then!!!

Would you try before you emigrate??? Just wondering about flying etc and finding a house and so on whilst preggers... Or is OH just getting rampant??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.