Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:43 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by tum
As for us, yesterday's viewing went fine, she still like the house, liked the garden, saw that at the end of the day (viewing was at 17.30) our garden still has a sunny patch at both ends. Which is what she wanted. But...she also went to view a house down the road (smaller, no garage, no sun in the garden as it is facing East and the house blocks out the sun), the garden is a little patch compared to ours) but it's cheaper than ours. So she said to our EA she's going to compare houses.......so in the end...money is what it is....our house ticks all her boxes, the other doesn't , but there is a price difference of about 20.000 pounds (which is a lot over here). So....breathe in..breathe out..we should know before the weekend.
Hi M, I've got my fingers crossed really hard for you. Let's hope you hear soon.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Nicky,

What an idiot that Partner, colour (if it isn't purple or black) wouldn't make much difference, white, whitish, yellow, beige, lightgreen, etc. etc. does the trick. As long as you house isn't a dark cave from the Medieval times you should be fine. Why would you build an extension worth 130K when you want to sell!!!!
As for the 20K, if we get an offer we will see, in this market you'll never know when the next buyer will come.

I'm walking around the house with my mobile phone in my hand and still checking if it didn't ring, it's official, I'm going crazy. Yesterday my son said that a girl in his class was 5 days younger than he was, so I told him, oh she's born on August 8th then ....my mum then pointed out to me that I got the number right, but that it should be October as my son is born October 3rd http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Confused/stupid.gif
PMSL.

I can never remember people's birthday's. I have to write them all down on the calendar at the beginning of the year or else I would completely forget.

Originally Posted by nickywes
I think I am going slightly mad too. I have 3 kids and 3 nieces/nephew and they all get called the wrong name. Think I should start calling them all darling or babe Wasn't it 5 days younger, the 8th would have been older wouldn't it? Oh dear
I'm always calling my kids the wrong name. They'll probably grow up with a right complex as I've got 1 boy and 1 girl.

Originally Posted by tum
Morning Ic, how are you today...it's a sunny day over here

Hey Nicky, how DO you type dyslexiallaackaly??

Oh, if you want to have a good laugh. Yesterday evening, I was almost asleep, I turned around and heard bzzz bzzzz bzzz, in my dazed mind (mind you I was almost asleep) I thought bzzz bzzzz? ...so I jumped up, jumping up and down as a mad man whilst my OH said...WHAT THE MATTER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING...I shouted, there's something in my hair, WHAT, there's something in my hair while frantically trying to get it out. Eventually it did and he said...now you've thrown it at me, turn on the light, turn on the light, it was a huge wasp just awakening from its hibernation I guess .
PMSL. I can just imagine you running around the bedroom, screaming.

Originally Posted by Icarus
Suns gone M , was here yesterday but its overcast today .

a wasp ?? yeah sure it was ,, we believe you
Morning Ic.

Rubbish here too. Raining this morning, although it looks like it's stopped for now.

DD has a walk around the local nature reserve at school today so it'll probably pee it down for that.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:45 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

Glad the wasp didn't sting you M - we had a huge one in the house on Sunday. I think you're right, they must be waking up. Horrible things. Fingers crossed for some news for you soon - you must be in a state of anxiety.

Hope that your new agent can find a buyer Nicky. The partner sounds a prat. All our EAs said do nothing but make it clean and tidy and finish any half done things. The rest is just personal taste. The extension is mad - why take the time and money to build something which might not increase the value????

I've just been to our rental flat to get a man to mend a leaky gutter. If it doesn't rain it pours! Just hope we get a tenant in soon and I can forget about it for a while.

No other news.
Morning FA.

Hope you're feeling better.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

don't ask ... same old .

nuts its raining now too
Sorry, it's sunny here! It did rain at about 6am - then passed over. Hopefully yours will too.

Have you booked your validation trip?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:46 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hi M, I've got my fingers crossed really hard for you. Let's hope you hear soon.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))

PMSL.

I can never remember people's birthday's. I have to write them all down on the calendar at the beginning of the year or else I would completely forget.

I'm always calling my kids the wrong name. They'll probably grow up with a right complex as I've got 1 boy and 1 girl.

PMSL. I can just imagine you running around the bedroom, screaming.

Morning Ic.

Rubbish here too. Raining this morning, although it looks like it's stopped for now.

DD has a walk around the local nature reserve at school today so it'll probably pee it down for that.
morning
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:47 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, it's sunny here! It did rain at about 6am - then passed over. Hopefully yours will too.

Have you booked your validation trip?
not yet , priced up & its damn expensive ... we gonna go with new EA , give it a month then decide based on the market .
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning FA.

Hope you're feeling better.
Yes thanks Janine. Thanks for your PM - I will reply to you and eveyone else soon. I had a couple of days of not turning the PC on at all. I was chaniging my mind every few minutes about what we were doing, just needed time to stop panicing and to plan. Still worried that the market will pick up and we will lose thousands, but what can you do? Our visa is only valid for a short period and we have to sell in the next 12 months tops.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

not yet , priced up & its damn expensive ... we gonna go with new EA , give it a month then decide based on the market .
That's all you can do. no one knows what is going to happen - although I assure you that now we have taken a low offer, the market will impove.

Fingers crossed you get a buyer in that month and don't have to validate as you say, it's a fortune.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:52 am
aka bunja

Yes thanks Janine. Thanks for your PM - I will reply to you and eveyone else soon. I had a couple of days of not turning the PC on at all. I was chaniging my mind every few minutes about what we were doing, just needed time to stop panicing and to plan. Still worried that the market will pick up and we will lose thousands, but what can you do? Our visa is only valid for a short period and we have to sell in the next 12 months tops.
No worries. Glad you're feeling better.

You can't think what might be. Just think you'll be out in Oz sunning it up with a beer around the barbie and it will be all but a distant memory.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:55 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Glad to see you back again. Try not to think about this whole idea of "losing" money - you don't actually have it you know, it's just a vague calculation by the Banks & Estate Agents & let's face it, they don't even know their own backsides from a hole in the ground at the moment

Concentrate on what you do have & the positives that you can control, no point worrying about what may or may not happen with the price of your house, it actually doesn't count for anything until someone definitely hands over the cash anyway
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:03 am
Handsome Internet Guy

catch you guys later ,,,, got a Youtube idea
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No worries. Glad you're feeling better.

You can't think what might be. Just think you'll be out in Oz sunning it up with a beer around the barbie and it will be all but a distant memory.
Bloomin hope so - still aiting for the visa too.....

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Hi there

Glad to see you back again. Try not to think about this whole idea of "losing" money - you don't actually have it you know, it's just a vague calculation by the Banks & Estate Agents & let's face it, they don't even know their own backsides from a hole in the ground at the moment

Concentrate on what you do have & the positives that you can control, no point worrying about what may or may not happen with the price of your house, it actually doesn't count for anything until someone definitely hands over the cash anyway
Thanks G and for your PM too. It was nice to turn on the lappy and get a whole pile of PMs from people checking if I was OK.

There's not much we can control, we are pretty much flying by the seat of our pants right now. We have done it before but not with a child in tow. I think that's what the difference is. If we screw up, it is her life too.

Hope things are better with you
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

catch you guys later ,,,, got a Youtube idea
Oh no - that sounds painful!!!

Lau x
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Bloomin hope so - still aiting for the visa too.....

Thanks G and for your PM too. It was nice to turn on the lappy and get a whole pile of PMs from people checking if I was OK.

There's not much we can control, we are pretty much flying by the seat of our pants right now. We have done it before but not with a child in tow. I think that's what the difference is. If we screw up, it is her life too.

Hope things are better with you
Glad to see you back on form

Sending you big hugs ((((((((())))))))))))))))

Lau xx
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:09 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Reedy
Oh no - that sounds painful!!!

Lau x
Ha hello L
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:19 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tum
Morning Ic, how are you today...it's a sunny day over here

Hey Nicky, how DO you type dyslexiallaackaly??

Oh, if you want to have a good laugh. Yesterday evening, I was almost asleep, I turned around and heard bzzz bzzzz bzzz, in my dazed mind (mind you I was almost asleep) I thought bzzz bzzzz? ...so I jumped up, jumping up and down as a mad man whilst my OH said...WHAT THE MATTER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING...I shouted, there's something in my hair, WHAT, there's something in my hair while frantically trying to get it out. Eventually it did and he said...now you've thrown it at me, turn on the light, turn on the light, it was a huge wasp just awakening from its hibernation I guess .
Was it hibernating in your hair, how long had it been there

Morning all,

Glad the wasp didn't sting you M - we had a huge one in the house on Sunday. I think you're right, they must be waking up. Horrible things. Fingers crossed for some news for you soon - you must be in a state of anxiety.

Hope that your new agent can find a buyer Nicky. The partner sounds a prat. All our EAs said do nothing but make it clean and tidy and finish any half done things. The rest is just personal taste. The extension is mad - why take the time and money to build something which might not increase the value????

I've just been to our rental flat to get a man to mend a leaky gutter. If it doesn't rain it pours! Just hope we get a tenant in soon and I can forget about it for a while.

No other news.
I hope so too. That bloke was a complete prat and wore shiny two tone trousers

don't ask ... same old .

nuts its raining now too
It is peeing down in Costa Del Hertfordshire too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.