Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:28 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Can you persuade them all to go after dinner?

It is trying though, having them all at home. How will we cope when we get to Oz and we're stuck in a little rental???

Unless the interest rate drop has forced rents down?? Or so many people are letting instead of selling and the market's flooded......
OH has already said he's going to bed after his dinner, coz he had such a rough night last night. Well that's good for me, that means I watch all the crap tv I can get.

The idea is that when we get there I'll go straight out to work as OH has to get his permit etc which could take quite some time by all accounts. So if that works out then I won't have to worry about them all the time, he'll have to.

Reckon you could be right there. Interests rates have gone up in Oz, therefore rent has gone up. Could be the same here but in reverse.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
OH has already said he's going to bed after his dinner, coz he had such a rough night last night. Well that's good for me, that means I watch all the crap tv I can get.

The idea is that when we get there I'll go straight out to work as OH has to get his permit etc which could take quite some time by all accounts. So if that works out then I won't have to worry about them all the time, he'll have to.

Reckon you could be right there. Interests rates have gone up in Oz, therefore rent has gone up. Could be the same here but in reverse.
Enjoy your TV!! I love a quiet night wuth the remote control.

LOL, make sure you make the most of working while he doesn't. Ring up at odd times, demanding stuff be done immediately - as he has forgotten, stuff picked up, will be late with no warning etc.... plus there is no way ever, you can pick up or drop off at school - even if you drive past....

Bitter me???? Nooooooo!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:47 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your TV!! I love a quiet night wuth the remote control.

LOL, make sure you make the most of working while he doesn't. Ring up at odd times, demanding stuff be done immediately - as he has forgotten, stuff picked up, will be late with no warning etc.... plus there is no way ever, you can pick up or drop off at school - even if you drive past....

Bitter me???? Nooooooo!
Yeah, I do too, but I hardly ever get it.

I shall do all the of the above and more. Luckily he broke his last mobile and hasn't bothered to get another one, so I'M FREE

Although he does like to leave little notes around of things that need doing. As if I don't know.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
so much for easter being busy .......................... its freaking shite
Couldn't agree more, BUT Easter was early this year, so hopefully as we are now jus into Spring things might start to pick up

Originally Posted by nickywes
Evening all

Happy anniversary Fly, have a good evening. Mine in a couple of weeks, only 4 years of bliss but living together 18 years. Got married in Vegas in the middle of the desert, brilliant.

Good luck to all with viewers this weekend. We don't have any as usual. Hasn't even been in the paper the last two weeks, in fact our EA hasn't advertised at all. Me wonders if he doesn't have the money to advertise due to lack of sales??? I am not going to clean anything all weekend and see if that helps.

Beautiful house Off2Oz, bet you can't wait to get there now.

Good luck Mozzy and SteveandTina with viewing tomorrow.

Nicky xx
Congrats Fly on the anniversary,

Good Luck to all those with viewings.

Nicky, I would ask your EA about the paper, although you probably have by now, as I am a little slow at the moment.

We should have a sub-thread "alcohol & chocolate thread".
I'll join that one.

Glad you're feeling better!

EA just phoned to say that as of tomorrow we can do viewings - they took over at 5pm. They have 2 people who want to view - both developers. She will ring me tomorrow PM to make appointments. Sounds very promising.

On the down side, she gave me a rental value which wasn't great - prob £500 pcm off what we were hoping for. However, it does give us an idea of what we can achieve. She said that rents were going down too... so if no one is buying and everyone is renting, why are rents going down??

You poor soldier.
Fly this is great, fingers crossed for you.

Had a quick skim read, hope I haven't missed anything too important. Although I didn't notice Beth, hope everything is OK.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I do too, but I hardly ever get it.

I shall do all the of the above and more. Luckily he broke his last mobile and hasn't bothered to get another one, so I'M FREE

Although he does like to leave little notes around of things that need doing. As if I don't know.

Oh no, I'd kill my OH if he left me notes!! We do have a shopping list which he writes things on. I write, 'bread, milk, tea' etc. He writes, 'beer, sweets, crisps'

LOL that he won't be able to phone you. FREEDOM. (Although I turn mine off and say I was out of range.)
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

evening all
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:03 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Couldn't agree more, BUT Easter was early this year, so hopefully as we are now jus into Spring things might start to pick up

Good Luck to all those with viewings.

Nicky, I would ask your EA about the paper, although you probably have by now, as I am a little slow at the moment.

I'll join that one.

Had a quick skim read, hope I haven't missed anything too important. Although I didn't notice Beth, hope everything is OK.
hello !
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Fingers crossed that will happen!!

Thanks Tracy!

Thanks - I hope they come to something, although the house is a tip so I will have to bloomin clean again...

Hi Tracy - how's it going? All packed???

Beth's OH's grandmother died on Friday. She came on to say they couldn't make the meet and haven't been on since. I presume they are busy / away from home etc. Hope that they are OK.

Last edited by Fly Away; Mar 31st 2008 at 7:10 am.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
evening all
Hiya DTP! How are you? Any news?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:17 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marvinc
My viewer didn't turn up, she wanted a 'second home' she did cancel though that's the second cancelled one this month............ Can't find a crying icon
That's really crap....:curse:....don't these people care what they are doing to all of us ...fingers crossed for some good viewings

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Hello all

I haven't been on this forum for months now but I wondered if I could gatecrash this thread? If it serves no other purpose at least people can reassure me (hopefully) that I am not totally irrational!

Got my visa in November, resigned from my job (gave them five months notice) and finished there last Friday. Hooray! House went on the market in January, and after one total p!sstake of an offer, and a drop in price, I finally got, and accepted an offer from some FTB's who are currently living in a family home just around the corner.
So they have got a hefty deposit. They have secured a mortgage offer. They paid for a homebuyers survey that all came back fine. They have been round to measure up for kitchen white goods. They have already ordered stuff for my lounge to be delivered. According to my solicitor we're ready to exchange on my side, and the buyers solicitors are just waiting for signed documents to come back from the buyers before they are ready too.

So why oh why oh why is there still part of my brain that is convinced this is all going to fall through??? Even with all the evidence above I still can't let myself believe that it will happen, and daren't pack up any more furniture incase we have to get on the viewing merry-go-round again. There is naturally cautious, and then there is me.

Someone please slap me round the face with a large wet fish or something.

Thank you.
Well, leave that to Ic to take care of

Originally Posted by Icarus
it will be fine
I'm crazy and need a fish slap, come on gimme one

Hi Tracy - how's it going? All packed???

Beth's OH's grandmother died on Friday. She came on to say they couldn't make the meet and haves't been on since. I presume they are busy / away from home etc. Hope that they are OK.
O...so sorry to hear that, my heart goes out to them.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hiya DTP! How are you? Any news?
Hiya Fly!
No no news yet not even heard from EA even after I had emailed them, haven't checked website yet to see if extra pics are on there. Getting really naffed off with them now though - I mean its Summer now we have to get this house shifted!!!!:curse:
Dtp
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

evening all
Hiya Fly!
No no news yet not even heard from EA even after I had emailed them, haven't checked website yet to see if extra pics are on there. Getting really naffed off with them now though - I mean its Summer now we have to get this house shifted!!!!:curse:
Dtp
Hi DTP,

What bummer - check the site to see if they have done anything. If not, fire the so and so's!:curse::curse: I told ours that if we didn't sell by the summer we would rent the house out. Concentrate their minds a little....

Hiya Miranda!! *waves* How are you tonight? Any news from your new EA. more importantly, is he good looking??
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:34 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Fly!
Dtp
It's a bit rude isn't it, for them not replying to your email. I mean, it's not that your paying them peanuts for their service!! Here's some good luck K for getting your house shifted
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi DTP,

What bummer - check the site to see if they have done anything. If not, fire the so and so's!:curse::curse: I told ours that if we didn't sell by the summer we would rent the house out. Concentrate their minds a little....

Hiya Miranda!! *waves* How are you tonight? Any news from your new EA. more importantly, is he good looking??
Just checked and naff all :curse::curse:
Gonna kick some butt tomorrow - really fed up with them
Anyway how's you ( sorry for not asking before)
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tum
It's a bit rude isn't it, for them not replying to your email. I mean, it's not that your paying them peanuts for their service!! Here's some good luck K for getting your house shifted
Thanks! Very rude considering they are one of if not the biggest agents in the Midlands...... Mmmmmm perhaps thats where we are going wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.