Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Morning N.

Good luck to those with viewers today.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:19 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
PMSL .

prevent getting pregnant, how did we get to that, Dan and I are starting our new baby making business

Dan has the potential to earn more than me - bit like my guinea pigs, one male 4 females = 16 babies
Morning Gonnago and FA

16 babies......NO WAY......but....I agree, there lies a business opportunity, but who's gonna change all the nappies

HI FA, hope Beth and her family are all ok.

Do you also sometimes have the feeling that if you stare hard and long enough at your phone it will ring and give you good news......doesn't work though....WHY...HAHA
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Morning N.

Good luck to those with viewers today.
Thanks hun - I'm going to go out and try and forget about it....

Originally Posted by tum
Morning Gonnago and FA

16 babies......NO WAY......but....I agree, there lies a business opportunity, but who's gonna change all the nappies

HI FA, hope Beth and her family are all ok.

Do you also sometimes have the feeling that if you stare hard and long enough at your phone it will ring and give you good news......doesn't work though....WHY...HAHA
Morning M,

I just saw Beth was posting on the Tassie thread a few minutes ago - hopefully she'll pop over here in a minute.

I know what you mean about the phone. I'm always looking at mine to see if I have not heard it ring and there is a message.

I will email the EA and ask if she managed to get hold of them and go out and try and forget about it....

Hope your phone rings today!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:36 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, two house bricks, job done!
It'll only hurt if you get your thumbs in the way.

Thanks hun - I'm going to go out and try and forget about it....

Morning M,

I just saw Beth was posting on the Tassie thread a few minutes ago - hopefully she'll pop over here in a minute.

I know what you mean about the phone. I'm always looking at mine to see if I have not heard it ring and there is a message.

I will email the EA and ask if she managed to get hold of them and go out and try and forget about it....

Hope your phone rings today!
I'm getting so bad with the phone. If I pop out, I'll check the phone for messages, if no messages then I'll go through the caller display as well.

Well, as I said, I think I'm going mad. (Actually, I think I'm there).

Good luck everyone.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
It'll only hurt if you get your thumbs in the way.

PMSL!!!

I'm getting so bad with the phone. If I pop out, I'll check the phone for messages, if no messages then I'll go through the caller display as well.:

Well, as I said, I think I'm going mad. (Actually, I think I'm there).:

Good luck everyone.
Morning O2O,

I'm still here - waiting for my DD to get out of bed!!

In the old days, before mobiles and ansaphones and caller display, I'm sure that we were much saner!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:57 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Morning O2O,

In the old days, before mobiles and ansaphones and caller display, I'm sure that we were much saner!
Hi FA, DTP,O2O, tum, hayles, FA and anybody else.

Whats all this with making more babies and mile high clubs? How is everyone this morning?

Hunky not bulky viewer today 11.30am.

Have been cleaning again since about 7 this morning and now don't know what to do or where to sit. Nobody is allowed home until they have been. Every bed is made to perfection, all loo rolls folded (saddo) and all carpets hoovered in stripes. Oh my god how paranoid. Does anyone really live like that?

Will let you know how it goes later.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

SinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really nice

Thanks for that!

We've had an auction valuation done on our house and it is still considerably lower than the minimum we would accept at the moment. However, in a couple of months we might give it a try. As you say, if you set a reserve, you know the minimum it will sell for. (Although it may not sell) Plus, we were quoted £300 fee plus 2% of the sale price and then £200 for subsequant auctions, which isn't too bad, but EAs here are charging 1% which means we could sell for the reserve price via an EA and still take away more cash...
I'd give the auction I go if I were you. I have attended all my local auctions until recently ... I have given up because the prices properties fetch are too high! When I say too high I have seen properties where I have looked up on the Land Registry that similar ones have sold for say 220k - in good nick - and then watched in amazement as a similar property needing renovation changes hands at auction for 235k.

There seems to be a line of people that attend auctions convinced they will get a bargain and, because someone is bidding against them, (often the auctioneer taking bids 'off the wall') they become convinced they are not paying over the odds - because someone else is willing to pay the same price - so they keep bidding.

Seems like a one way bet for sellers to me.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SinkingShip
I'd give the auction I go if I were you. I have attended all my local auctions until recently ... I have given up because the prices properties fetch are too high! When I say too high I have seen properties where I have looked up on the Land Registry that similar ones have sold for say 220k - in good nick - and then watched in amazement as a similar property needing renovation changes hands at auction for 235k.

There seems to be a line of people that attend auctions convinced they will get a bargain and, because someone is bidding against them, (often the auctioneer taking bids 'off the wall') they become convinced they are not paying over the odds - because someone else is willing to pay the same price - so they keep bidding.

Seems like a one way bet for sellers to me.

Well, that sounds like good news. We will definately think again in a couple of months if the house hasn't sold and we have our visa. (Still waiting at the moment) It is worth a try, if nothing else.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:03 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all.....thanks for the good wishes......funeral on Monday morning to sort out now.
No more news regarding viewers so still waiting to sell
A whole year on the market this month :curse:
Beth x x
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck with viewings today...am willing lots and lots of phones to ring.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes

Whats all this with making more babies and mile high clubs? How is everyone this morning?

Have been cleaning again since about 7 this morning and now don't know what to do or where to sit. Nobody is allowed home until they have been. Every bed is made to perfection, all loo rolls folded (saddo) and all carpets hoovered in stripes. Oh my god how paranoid. Does anyone really live like that?

Nicky xx
LOL, hoovered in stripes!!! How do you do that?? Our carpet doesn't show where the hoover has been....

I hope it does the trick for you though. Remember keep him talking in the nicest room in the house.

I bet you are a bag of nerves... it'll be over soon.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi all.....thanks for the good wishes......funeral on Monday morning to sort out now.
A whole year on the market this month :curse:
Beth x x
Morning Beth,

I was sorry to hear your news. Hope it hasn't been too horrible for everyone.

Fingers crossed for some viewings when the kids go back to school next week.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:13 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Beth,

I was sorry to hear your news. Hope it hasn't been too horrible for everyone.

Fingers crossed for some viewings when the kids go back to school next week.
We're ok thanks
Girls go back to school next Tuesday and Wednesday so great timing as funeral is Monday
Been dead quiet with viewings considering EA said Easter is normally very busy........anyone sold this last week?
Beth x x
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

morning

good luck with the hordes of viewers today [don't we just wish ] - good luck never the less

baby making business?!?! well, i can sort of understand dan - but halyes

no news for us. - we dont' even have our visa yet so we are not in such a hurry really. but still, it would be so nice if everything just fell into place at the same time ...... yeah right, dream on
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:17 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning O2O,

Kids have been dispatched at school, although ds didn't want to go. He's counting the sleeps until he doesn't have to go for a couple of weeks.

I, on the other hand, am dreading the two weeks coming up.

Oh, I agree. I haven't given the EA my mobile no as I don't hear it when it rings, anyway.

Originally Posted by nickywes

Nicky xx
Good luck with your viewer today.

Did you bounce a coin off the beds?

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
A whole year on the market this month
Beth x x
Hi Beth,

I really feel for you. House selling vibes coming your way.

LOL, hoovered in stripes!!! How do you do that?? Our carpet doesn't show where the hoover has been....

I hope it does the trick for you though. Remember keep him talking in the nicest room in the house.

I bet you are a bag of nerves... it'll be over soon.
I do that, choose the room that has the best view, the best natural lighting, the most space etc and keep em chatting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.