Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:36 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by spaceys
Going to Gran Canaria, been few times before so know where everything is cant wait

Will call EA tomorrow and just tell them we cant do viewings next week not that they are queueing to come round
ooh i really like Gran Canaria - although it is about 15 years since i was there! Have a great holiday
Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:43 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Just added ' --> Adelaide SA ' to my location
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tiggs,

Missed you on here tonight - I've been playing those silly games in the arcade.

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i had high hopes from yesterdays viewers but they didnt get back to the EA today - they were probably the most enthusiastic of all the viewers i have shown around ... never mind - onto a new set next week!

Still time for an offer - they may want to see some others before deciding. Good luck with the new set!
we did discover that you can get 6 medium sized (66x46) cases in a mondeo comfortably - 8 at a big squeeze!
this is good news for us as it means that we will actually be able to fit in a hire car - at one point we were not sure we were going to manage it

I would loved to have seen you with all those cases in the car. Does that mean they have been delivered to you? Did people passing by give you funny looks.

the plan (subject to countless changes before we actually get there!) is to fly to melbourne - spend a couple of days visiting rellies there, then take a few days to drive the Great Ocean Road and round the coast to adelaide we are hoping to spend the time a bit like a mini-holiday - take in a bit of the country at a reasonably relaxed pace (as we are not going to have time to take a proper holiday!)
Do you have any tips for sights to head to - or any recommendations for child friendly accommodation along the way? I am still trying to work out travelling times between towns so i can work out where to make the overnight stops.
I am sure the easiest way would be to just sort accommodation as we travel but i am a bit reluctant to do this with two under 5s in tow would rather have things booked in advance.
Cant wait to actually get going
Sounds like a great plan! I love that drive. To do it justice you need 3 days. I'll PM you tomorrow when I'm not squiffy and tell you everything I can remember about the trip. We stayed in one very good place in Apollo Bay, that I do remember!

actually had a not very positive afternoon - let things get to me a bit
but feeling much better this evening
we have done a lot of talking and made some big decisions on the house sale and (at least at the moment) i can see some light at the end of the tunnel!

Glad that you are feeling a bit better.
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for putting up with me being depressed for the last few days but hopefully normal service has now been resumed
if i start to get grumpy again someone give me a prod and tell me to pull myself together!
Don't apologise for feeling down because some stupid, thoughtless people muck your life up! We all understand! It gets to us all at different times. Moan away if that's what helps!

Just added ' --> Adelaide SA ' to my location
YAY!! I am SO jealous! I want to be nearly there too.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 10:30 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Tiggs,

Missed you on here tonight - I've been playing those silly games in the arcade.

Sounds like a great plan! I love that drive. To do it justice you need 3 days. I'll PM you tomorrow when I'm not squiffy and tell you everything I can remember about the trip. We stayed in one very good place in Apollo Bay, that I do remember!

Don't apologise for feeling down because some stupid, thoughtless people muck your life up! We all understand! It gets to us all at different times. Moan away if that's what helps!

YAY!! I am SO jealous! I want to be nearly there too.
i havent been about much this evening anyway - i have been catching up with friends/family (i am a bit sad and talk to most people on the email ) i owed loads of emails to people but i am now all up to date

yup all of our cases have arrived - and we had them all stacked on the drive while we tested them out in the car
the kids thought it was hilarious! they are all stacked in the utility room now - hope i dont get a viewing tomorrow!!!

We were thinking 3 days for the trip - maybe four depending on how much time we have. Hopefully we will know that in the next couple of weeks. I can do a lot of planning in that time too

Yes - this is a great place to whinge and let out those frustrations but i realised today that i had been so wrapped up in me that i wasnt even paying attention to posts by other people - and i felt rather guilty
It isnt like me to let things get to me that much - so i thought i better pull myself together
So this is the new positive me

anyway off to bed now - talk to you all in the morning
Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

i havent been about much this evening anyway - i have been catching up with friends/family (i am a bit sad and talk to most people on the email ) i owed loads of emails to people but i am now all up to date

yup all of our cases have arrived - and we had them all stacked on the drive while we tested them out in the car
the kids thought it was hilarious! they are all stacked in the utility room now - hope i dont get a viewing tomorrow!!!

We were thinking 3 days for the trip - maybe four depending on how much time we have. Hopefully we will know that in the next couple of weeks. I can do a lot of planning in that time too

Yes - this is a great place to whinge and let out those frustrations but i realised today that i had been so wrapped up in me that i wasnt even paying attention to posts by other people - and i felt rather guilty
It isnt like me to let things get to me that much - so i thought i better pull myself together
So this is the new positive me

anyway off to bed now - talk to you all in the morning
Morning Everyone!

Couldn't sleep this morning - bloomin typical, the first time I can lie in for a week and I wake up at 7.30 am.

Tiggs - Glad to hear you are the new positive Tiggs! We did still like the non - positive Tiggs though!

I'm going out today, but I'll PM you with info on the G.O.R sometime today - just not sure when!

Had to laugh at the suitcases. When you get a viewer where exactly are you going to hide them! I suppose you could squeeze them all back into the car.

Good luck to everyone in House selling Land today!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Morning everyone, been up half the night with grandson having nightmares, going out to a birthday party today so will speak to you tomorrow.

Buyer coming back tomorrow to do some measuring

Hope the little one doesn't give the game away

Glad you are feeling better Tiggs
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:08 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Morning Everyone!

Couldn't sleep this morning - bloomin typical, the first time I can lie in for a week and I wake up at 7.30 am.

Tiggs - Glad to hear you are the new positive Tiggs! We did still like the non - positive Tiggs though!

I'm going out today, but I'll PM you with info on the G.O.R sometime today - just not sure when!

Had to laugh at the suitcases. When you get a viewer where exactly are you going to hide them! I suppose you could squeeze them all back into the car.

Good luck to everyone in House selling Land today!
Morning
Glad you still liked me
The suitcases cant go back in the car - i already have a load of stuff that goes in the car when we have a viewer - the cases may have to take a visit to my next door neighbour - i havent asked her yet but i a sure she wont mind

Graz is working overtime again today (hardly see him at the moment ) - so i am going to have a mammy/kids day - i thought we might start with papier mache piggy banks

does anyone have a viewing today? seems to have been a quiet weekend. Figner crossed things pick up a bit next week.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:09 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by somme
Morning everyone, been up half the night with grandson having nightmares, going out to a birthday party today so will speak to you tomorrow.

Buyer coming back tomorrow to do some measuring

Glad you are feeling better Tiggs
morning somme
poor bairn - sending big (((hugs))) to your grandson

enjoy the party!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Well after three weeks of nothing but a no show and a cancelled viewing, we finally have another viewer coming today at 2pm. Question is, will they be:
a bored Sunday afternoon timewaster?
a no-show?
someone who hasn't read the details and then recoils in horror at the size of our third bedroom?
the one?
Fingers crossed it's the latter and we haven't just spent all morning tidying for nothing!!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 11:33 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by dinky2
Well after three weeks of nothing but a no show and a cancelled viewing, we finally have another viewer coming today at 2pm. Question is, will they be:
a no-show?
someone who hasn't read the details and then recoils in horror at the size of our third bedroom?
the one?
Fingers crossed it's the latter and we haven't just spent all morning tidying for nothing!!
i can relate to all of those sort of questions!
fingers crossed they are 'the one'
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Thanks. Well they've been and gone. Seemed to like it and have accepted an offer on theirs so fingers crossed. Promised that we would hear from them by Wednesday
Really hope that this is the one as we are desperate to hand our notices in at work!!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Morning
Glad you still liked me
The suitcases cant go back in the car - i already have a load of stuff that goes in the car when we have a viewer - the cases may have to take a visit to my next door neighbour - i havent asked her yet but i a sure she wont mind

Graz is working overtime again today (hardly see him at the moment ) - so i am going to have a mammy/kids day - i thought we might start with papier mache piggy banks

does anyone have a viewing today? seems to have been a quiet weekend. Figner crossed things pick up a bit next week.
I thought it was only me who hid loads of junk in the car!!!(and the garage and the attic!!)
Great to know it's not just me yay!

We have a viewing tomorrow afternoon ,funny really as the EA hasn't put our house back online and didn't put it in the local rag either so just the shop....really good advertising :curse: we are going to change agents later in the week . I know its not much point but they are too lazy . The house sold on the 1st viewing and I did that (ok it fell through but not my fault!!) so they have done nowt!!
Good luck to you all xx
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme

Buyer coming back tomorrow to do some measuring :

Glad you are feeling better Tiggs :
Hi Somme - hope your Grandson is feeking better. Have a good time at the party!

Morning
Glad you still liked me

I'm sure your neighbour will be thrilled with the cases! LOL.

Hope Graz is back soon. Just think of the money he is earning and what it will go towards in Oz!

Hope the piggys went well!

We have no viewings booked and haven't heard from the viewer who said he loved the house.

I haven't forgotten the PM!

a no-show?
the one?
Hopefully the latter!!

Thanks. Well they've been and gone. Seemed to like it and have accepted an offer on theirs so fingers crossed. Promised that we would hear from them by Wednesday
Really hope that this is the one as we are desperate to hand our notices in at work!!
Sounds promising! Fingers crossed for you!

Originally Posted by jerzo
I thought it was only me who hid loads of junk in the car!!!(and the garage and the attic!!)

We have a viewing tomorrow afternoon ,funny really as the EA hasn't put our house back online and didn't put it in the local rag either so just the shop....really good advertising :curse: we are going to change agents later in the week . I know its not much point but they are too lazy . The house sold on the 1st viewing and I did that (ok it fell through but not my fault!!) so they have done nowt!!
Good luck to you all xx
Lazy so and so's!! :curse::curse: Good luck with the new agent!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 5:25 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by jerzo

Good luck to you all xx
... and the garden shed! - i live in fear of a viewer opening the shed door - they would prbably be killed in the resulting avalanche!!!

changing EA sounds like a really good plan! We went multi agency - in the hope that both agents would work harder
Old Oct 21st 2007, 5:37 am
sneaking a peek ...

I'm sure your neighbour will be thrilled with the cases! LOL.

Hope Graz is back soon. Just think of the money he is earning and what it will go towards in Oz!

Hope the piggys went well!

We have no viewings booked and haven't heard from the viewer who said he loved the house.

I haven't forgotten the PM!

Hi there - how was your day out?
well my neighbours dog barked at one of my viewers a while back so she still owes me

Graz is STILL out (over 9 hours so far today!) - think of the money is the last thing he said to me before he left - but i would still rather he was at home

The piggies are fantastic!!! They are sitting in the kitchen drying so we can paint them tomorrow!! (holiday project ) i will definitely add some pictures to my blog when they are done!

Things seem to have gone quiet with viewers for you at the moment are you going to keep trying to sell over christmas?
i was thinking about this yesterday and i guess there are probably only a couple of weeks left before it is too late for people buying to be in for christmas so i am expecting that the few viewers who are around will become fewer still

You dont need to rush on the PM - something like 7 weeks to go!!
OMG said like that it doesnt seem long at all maybe that should have been ONLY 7 weeks to go!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.