Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:14 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Our house was finally listed as 'house of the week' last week - still not a viewer to be seen:curse: trying not to get too worried about it at the moment, although i know it will be a different story when the visa comes through.

I think we may look at swapping agents after 12 weeks - had bad advise from our current estate agent a few weeks ago, she more or less persuaded my OH that the £6000 below the asking price offer was just too low, the viewer went elsewhere:curse: Had a few heated discussions with OH about it, now we've agreed that any 'sensible' offer will be considered.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egghead4
bloody hell, whats happening, everyone is changing their EA's. thanks for that advice nic, i'll definitley get our existing EA to list all the people that have shown an interest and get the new EA to sort it out.
i will also contact the new EA and get things in order for a new fresh start.
god I want a sale
bec
Good luck Bec. This seems fair in my eyes - the first Ea should get paid if someone who viewed through them buys. Also if you act honourably, the EAs should too. (In theory.)

Originally Posted by mary1967
Our house was finally listed as 'house of the week' last week - still not a viewer to be seen:curse: trying not to get too worried about it at the moment, although i know it will be a different story when the visa comes through.

I think we may look at swapping agents after 12 weeks - had bad advise from our current estate agent a few weeks ago, she more or less persuaded my OH that the £6000 below the asking price offer was just too low, the viewer went elsewhere:curse: Had a few heated discussions with OH about it, now we've agreed that any 'sensible' offer will be considered.
Hiya Mary - Welcome to the WPHS and the darkside of the Barbie... how did we tempt you over from the immigration forum??

£6k under is a good offer. Shoot the EA!! Lots of buyers are offering 7-10% under asking price. I bet you're not pleased with your OH? Mind you, we had an offer this time last year for what is now the current asking price. Of course we turned it down... kicking ourselves now.

Definately look into changing agents - it can only help refresh the image of the house on the market and hopefully generate more interest.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Fingers crossed our exchange goes to plan today...although I am WAAAYY to tired to deal with it!!

I left the house at 8am yesterday to go to the London Expo with Con, stepped back home at 5.28 to be precise, as the phone rang, my client was in labour.....I have literally just got back home over 14 hours later, as she was taken to hospital for a c/section...so demoralising...now I got a house move to sort in 3 more sleeps and a two year old to look after for the day.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Fingers crossed our exchange goes to plan today...although I am WAAAYY to tired to deal with it!!

I left the house at 8am yesterday to go to the London Expo with Con, stepped back home at 5.28 to be precise, as the phone rang, my client was in labour.....I have literally just got back home over 14 hours later, as she was taken to hospital for a c/section...so demoralising...now I got a house move to sort in 3 more sleeps and a two year old to look after for the day.
Will keep everything crossed for you. Will you be depending on the coffee today then??!! You'll get things sorted.

Can I be nosy and ask if the bub was a boy or a girl?
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mary

Very frustrating for you. Have you thought about getting the EA to contact the people who made the offer and say that you are reconsidering? Not the nicest thing to do, but you never know...

Hope you get some good news soon.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:10 pm

I blame OH, if he'd accepted that blasted offer, i wouldn't be writing on here now!!!

The last time we bought and sold was about 5 years ago and we sold within days, had loads of offers, so i think my OH was under the impression that would happen again. I think he just saw £ signs, i'm more realistic and although i wanted to accept, both he and the EA convinced me that i was wrong and it was still early days, after all, we'd not got the visa yet.

Basically i was outnumber and gave in without a fight, not that i should have to fight mind you, but i know i'm probably too soft when it comes to selling stuff, i believe every sob story going, so in the end i just went with the flow.

I've now agreed with my OH that i won't mention the £6,000 again if he'll seriously consider any reasonable offer That's if we get another viewer!!!

Any more interest in yours Fly Away? If only we had a crystal ball, we'd know when to sell, what to accept and when to check our status page Think i've wasted a year of my life checking that blasted page only to see nothings changed.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Will keep everything crossed for you. Will you be depending on the coffee today then??!! You'll get things sorted.

Can I be nosy and ask if the bub was a boy or a girl?

That's what i was wondering!!!! women!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:13 pm

Was the Expo any good?

Good luck with your exchange
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

LOL - girls after my own heart.

I didnt attend the hospital with her as it had gone to an elective section (she had a previous section and we were trying a home water birth) and I dont really have a role at the hospital in this case so I am waiting to find out myself...when I know I will let you know.....bet its a biggun, and I think if its a boy they should call him McAuley, my surname, as its St Patricks day
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sounds like a good plan, ...you're a better lady than me, I wouldn't let OH forget it, but I'm a mean &*$£% ...he doesn't stand much chance with me!

Things seem to be picking up round here so don't think you will be waiting too long.

Oh Gonnago, bet you can't wait to find out
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:19 pm

Hi Mary

Very frustrating for you. Have you thought about getting the EA to contact the people who made the offer and say that you are reconsidering? Not the nicest thing to do, but you never know...

Hope you get some good news soon.

Tried that, but they've since seen another house, and because it's outside the school catchment area, it's bigger and cheaper than ours
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:21 pm

Sounds like a good plan, ...you're a better lady than me, I wouldn't let OH forget it, but I'm a mean &*$£% ...he doesn't stand much chance with me!

Things seem to be picking up round here so don't think you will be waiting too long.

Oh Gonnago, bet you can't wait to find out

I bite my lip at least six times a day!!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:57 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh I stay away for a day and theres big news.

Beth welcome back hun

Are you still heading to Tas or are you just going to validate, I hope you read all the pages you missed theres one or two.

Hope everyones had a good weekend mine wasnt so good but never mind its another week.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

What were you all doing up so early?

I left the house at 8am yesterday to go to the London Expo with Con, stepped back home at 5.28 to be precise, as the phone rang, my client was in labour.....I have literally just got back home over 14 hours later, as she was taken to hospital for a c/section...so demoralising..now I got a house move to sort in 3 more sleeps and a two year old to look after for the day.
Sending you a big hug and hope you can last the day. Fingers crossed for the exchange - it should go OK shouldn't it???

I blame OH:, if he'd accepted that blasted offer, i wouldn't be writing on here now!!!

The last time we bought and sold was about 5 years ago and we sold within days, had loads of offers, so i think my OH was under the impression that would happen again. I think he just saw £ signs, i'm more realistic and although i wanted to accept, both he and the EA convinced me that i was wrong and it was still early days, after all, we'd not got the visa yet.

Basically i was outnumber and gave in without a fight, not that i should have to fight mind you, but i know i'm probably too soft when it comes to selling stuff, i believe every sob story going, so in the end i just went with the flow.

I've now agreed with my OH that i won't mention the £6,000 again if he'll seriously consider any reasonable offer: That's if we get another viewer!!!

Any more interest in yours Fly Away? If only we had a crystal ball, we'd know when to sell, what to accept and when to check our status page Think i've wasted a year of my life checking that blasted page only to see nothings changed.
We had another (higher) offer after the one we turne down - which we accepted - but they pulled out after 2 months of stringing us along... Not had an offer since - despite dropping the price. 10 months on the market now...

I would kill my OH if he'd done that.... Definately sack the EA!!! I'm with SparkyW - I'd NEVER forgive my OH or stop reminding him....

Tried that, but they've since seen another house, and because it's outside the school catchment area, it's bigger and cheaper than ours:
What a shame.. you can always hope that sale falls through and they come back...

Originally Posted by wardy2
Gosh I stay away for a day and theres big news.

Beth welcome back hun

Are you still heading to Tas or are you just going to validate, I hope you read all the pages you missed : theres one or two.

Hope everyones had a good weekend mine wasnt so good but never mind its another week.
Hopefully Beth coming back has cheered you up!

Well, I'm off to the hairdressers and I'm turning my phone off. Sod them all. If any of the EAs wants us or to arrange viewings, they can wait for one, I'm not going to be nice anymore!

Good luck to you all!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:11 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a phone call from EA we have another viewing for tonight we were going to cook a curry and watch the Newcastle match on the telly, think we will give the curry a miss now.

Things are starting to come thick and fast now still have a viewer for tomorrow and an offer on the table, just need a quick sale now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.