Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:32 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Seems to be a good atmos on here today - everyone's happy & have got little bits & pieces to look forward to.

Happy Sunday everyone
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:36 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Seems to be a good atmos on here today - everyone's happy & have got little bits & pieces to look forward to.

Happy Sunday everyone
lets start the week with some positive thoughts towards getting these houses sold .

not heard anything from fridays viewer , not sure if no news is good news in the house selling market
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Its a good sign , lets hope so
It would be too good to be true to sell it in the first week it's on the market... But there is always hope...

How are you - any news on your viewer? I wish EAs were open Sundays - it's such a depressing day as you can't ring them up and shout..
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:40 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
It would be too good to be true to sell it in the first week it's on the market... But there is always hope...

How are you - any news on your viewer? I wish EAs were open Sundays - it's such a depressing day as you can't ring them up and shout..
Well she came on her own , so i'm thinking that she is away discussing options with her OH ..... thats my hope anyway
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee

Happy Sunday everyone :
Thanks G - you have lots to look forward too - keep thinking long term.

lets start the week with some positive thoughts towards getting these houses sold .

not heard anything from fridays viewer , not sure if no news is good news in the house selling market
OOPs - cross posted, you answered my q before I asked it. Unless the viewers say 'We'll get back to you by X date' then a few days is nothing to worry about. They will be seeing other houses and thinking about things. Might be worth the EA chasing them up after a week to see if the husband wants to view, then you'd know for sure.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:45 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Thanks G - you have lots to look forward too - keep thinking long term.

OOPs - cross posted, you answered my q before I asked it. Unless the viewers say 'We'll get back to you by X date' then a few days is nothing to worry about. They will be seeing other houses and thinking about things. Might be worth the EA chasing them up after a week to see if the husband wants to view, then you'd know for sure.
yeah ,

got confession .... didn't change EA , decided to stick with them over easter else we would have been out the papers at what i think is a crucial time .
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah ,

got confession .... didn't change EA , decided to stick with them over easter else we would have been out the papers at what i think is a crucial time .
Cheeky boy, misleading us all.

We changed, but the old EA needs 3 weeks notice, so we signed a contract with the new EA post dated for the last day of the 3 weeks and in that time they are sorting the details, getting ads placed etc to start on the first day of the new contract. So we get the old EA working like b*ggery trying to get a sale over Easter to make their commisssion and the new one working at the same time to get ready for a renewed attack.

Let's all hope Easter is a good one for us all.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:57 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
YAY.........I'M BACK!!!!!!!
Had a nervous breakdown........but over it now....I hope!!!!
Beth x x
Good to see you back Beth

We're all entitled to a little wobble.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:02 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to say, had 2 viewings on my rental flat on Friday and one rang back asking what the service charge is. Fingers crossed that is a good sign.
I'm sure it'll be a good sign. Fingers crossed.

You might hear something tomorrow. We haven't heard back from our Friday viewers yet. Hopeful for tomorrow as well.

We changed, but the old EA needs 3 weeks notice, so we signed a contract with the new EA post dated for the last day of the 3 weeks and in that time they are sorting the details, getting ads placed etc to start on the first day of the new contract. So we get the old EA working like b*ggery trying to get a sale over Easter to make their commisssion and the new one working at the same time to get ready for a renewed attack.

Let's all hope Easter is a good one for us all.
The idea of an EA "working".

Roll on Easter.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

Thanks - fingers crossed for you too.

You might hear something tomorrow. We haven't heard back from our Friday viewers yet. Hopeful for tomorrow as well.

The idea of an EA "working".

Roll on Easter.
LOL, yes it is unlikely that the EA is working isn't it?

Janine, tell me to go and do my ironing, I need to get off BE.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:12 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Was all set to , but given the time decided to hold on

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

lets hope so
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Hi everyone!

I can't believe how much you've all posted since I last looked!
Well, our EA reckons we should be exchanging around Easter and completing 1-2 weeks after thatReally hoping this one goes through, so sick of being in limbo! Thinking of getting some shipping boxes delivered from Seven Seas to pack over the Easter weekend but don't want to jinx things
Sold OH's beloved car on Friday, bit sad, but the massive stone chip we spotted on the bonnet as we left the dealers did soften the blow a bit! So now we're walking everywhere and I'm hoping all these extra emigration stress pounds will just drop off!

Good luck to you all and keep your fingers crossed for us!

C
xx

PS Great to see you back Beth!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:04 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

i just sent an email to our EA saying we want to terminate our contract with them, dont know whether I have made the right choice
i will get another one in place now, so lets hope they find someone to fall in love with my house.
bec
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by egghead4
i just sent an email to our EA saying we want to terminate our contract with them, dont know whether I have made the right choice
i will get another one in place now, so lets hope they find someone to fall in love with my house.
bec
Well, the minute we gave notice to our EA and signed up with another one, they found us a buyer so you never know! Good Luck
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:23 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

I hope so,
the only thing is that the new ea want a 1/4% more to sell the house, so I may try and negotiate with them beore actually agreeing any contract.
bec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.