Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Morning all, just.

I had the night from hell last night. My poor son was sick. I had to change to the bedsheets about 4 times last night, so in the end he slept with us. He was asking for glasses of water for what seemed every half hour.

On top of that dd woke me up at 6am.

So I feel like a zombie this morning. It's my OH birthday as well, but he can stuff it if he thinks I'm going to look after him today as well.

btw Happy Good Friday.
Poor you!!! Sounds like you had a rough night!!!

Happy Easter back at you!!!

Am off to bed in a min - am shattered been up since 06:30 ...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hi all - just reporting in, sorry, but Im not leaving you all, even though I am no longer a house seller.

We have all settled in really well, kids seem really settled already, children are so resiliant arent they?! was up playing the wii till silly o clock last night....and I have only had one row (with my sisters boyfriend, I think there will be a few of those, till he realises its not actually HIS house):curse:.

Anyway hope you all enjoying the lovely bright sunny (cold) bank holiday and it brings lots of viewers for you all.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Hi all - just reporting in, sorry, but Im not leaving you all, even though I am no longer a house seller.

We have all settled in really well, kids seem really settled already, children are so resiliant arent they?! was up playing the wii till silly o clock last night....and I have only had one row (with my sisters boyfriend, I think there will be a few of those, till he realises its not actually HIS house):curse:.

Anyway hope you all enjoying the lovely bright sunny (cold) bank holiday and it brings lots of viewers for you all.
Hi honey!!! We bought a Wii for the kids for Easter - but I have been playing on it

My arms are killing me

Glad that you are all settled....

Hope things improve with your sisters boyfriend....

Lau xx
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:10 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hayley happy easter ... hope its ok there for you guys , nevermind the BIL
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
morning everyone how are you.

Its bloody freezing here and rainy.

Saw a few !!!! posts back about me not moaning about house any more but shipping, dogs etc But i do have a question about that (sorry) saw you all mention about the removal company with black cat I have seen one this morning can you tell me who name of company is ...thanks

Our buyer is are to go to EA tomorow so fingers cossed it all goes smoothly and her figures stack up and their current mortgage offer from the bank is a good one.

Good idea about getting planning permission in for your house FA from listening to TV people like that sort of thing.

Have you thought about going to auction route you have a fair bit of land dont you they may want to build on it so they have two houses to sell and if you have planning permission all the better.

I know its not ideal but needs must.

Hope you hear something this weekend Beth I have everything crossed for you

Have a great Easter weekend everyone
Morning Kaye,

Were you celebrating last night???

The planning thing is complicated. we already have planning permission for a separate triple garage with a flat above it. This could be built and sold on. We also have planning permission for a side extension and we have an unused 3rd storey which could be renovated. So plenty of stuff which could add value. There are other planning options however - a house round the corner, has just got permission for it to be demolished and replaced with flats. We could go this route too as the precedent is set. we could also apply for a big extension on the back as we could get 4 flats out of our house without demolishing it. Or we could apply to demolish and build 3-4 houses as we have quarter of an acre. BUT to apply for this level of development would cost about £20K plus architects fees - so that is a lot of money - which we need for Oz..... and would take at least a year to get sorted.

We've done similar things before as a part of the business but we weren't out of the country at the time.... We couldn't affod to do the development ourselves - it would cost from £200k to £1m depending on what the development was. So we need a seriously cashed up buyer to do all this.

On top of all that, our plot leads to another house which is for sale, It has 2 acres of land but has no access, but ours provides access to them...so if someone bought both, they could build a whole housing estate...

This is why we have changed to an EA who targets developers.

I have sent you a PM re the shipping.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Night - am really off to bed now....

Lau x
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:20 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning Kaye,

Were you celebrating last night???

The planning thing is complicated. we already have planning permission for a separate triple garage with a flat above it. This could be built and sold on. We also have planning permission for a side extension and we have an unused 3rd storey which could be renovated. So plenty of stuff which could add value. There are other planning options however - a house round the corner, has just got permission for it to be demolished and replaced with flats. We could go this route too as the precedent is set. we could also apply for a big extension on the back as we could get 4 flats out of our house without demolishing it. Or we could apply to demolish and build 3-4 houses as we have quarter of an acre. BUT to apply for this level of development would cost about £20K plus architects fees - so that is a lot of money - which we need for Oz..... and would take at least a year to get sorted.

We've done similar things before as a part of the business but we weren't out of the country at the time.... We couldn't affod to do the development ourselves - it would cost from £200k to £1m depending on what the development was. So we need a seriously cashed up buyer to do all this.

On top of all that, our plot leads to another house which is for sale, It has 2 acres of land but has no access, but ours provides access to them...so if someone bought both, they could build a whole housing estate...

This is why we have changed to an EA who targets developers.

I have sent you a PM re the shipping.
you could become a house developer yourself
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all - just reporting in, sorry, but Im not leaving you all, even though I am no longer a house seller::.

We have all settled in really well, kids seem really settled already, children are so resiliant arent they?! was up playing the wii till silly o clock last night....and I have only had one row (with my sisters boyfriend, I think there will be a few of those, till he realises its not actually HIS house)::.

Glad it went well Hayles - we were thinking of you. Sod the boyfriend - you'll be out of there soon enough and it's more your home than his.

You hadn't better think about leaving us - even though you are a graduate of the thread now!!!

Originally Posted by Reedy
Night - am really off to bed now....

Lau x
Night hun

Originally Posted by CarolineW
you could become a house developer yourself l:
That's what I do for our business - have in the past renovated and sold on and also got PP and sold on sites. BUT we don't have the cash or the time to develop this house / site. I bought it because it has potential and knew it should always be a good investment, (ha, how wrong can you be?) If we weren't going to Oz, I would look for a building partner to do the work, but seriously, we hoped to be out there by April 2008 and this sort of stuff takes YEARS to do.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Suart, Hereshopping accepted an offer today too! It's all happening.
Indeed we did, and they are coming around in an hour to talk about move dates, what appliances they want left etc. I'm nervous for some reason... don't want to say the wrong thing and mess it all up

I may just let OH do all the talking.

Our EA said the market was the slowest they had seen in years and most people were making really cheeky offers if they made an offer at all.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:08 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Indeed we did, and they are coming around in an hour to talk about move dates, what appliances they want left etc. I'm nervous for some reason... don't want to say the wrong thing and mess it all up

Our EA said the market was the slowest they had seen in years and most people were making really cheeky offers if they made an offer at all.
Fingers crossed and here's some zen for you and a lucky star GOOD LUCK!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Happy Easter Everyone, you have been busy this last couple of days. Looks like there has been movement for quite a few which is great news. Although my son finished school last Friday and his half way thorugh his Easter Break, my daughter only finished yesterday so is only just starting hers, hopefully we still have 2 weeks left of the EA's predicated Easter peak time.

We have been busy trying to pack, signed Power of Attorneys yesterday, opened a PO Box and set up mail redirection and am meant to be busy writing to everyone to let them know the PO box so am having a sneaky peek on BE to see what you all have been up to.

Have a lovely long weekend everyone.

Take Care
Tracy
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:12 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Happy Easter Everyone, you have been busy this last couple of days. Looks like there has been movement for quite a few which is great news. Although my son finished school last Friday and his half way thorugh his Easter Break, my daughter only finished yesterday so is only just starting hers, hopefully we still have 2 weeks left of the EA's predicated Easter peak time.

We have been busy trying to pack, signed Power of Attorneys yesterday, opened a PO Box and set up mail redirection and am meant to be busy writing to everyone to let them know the PO box so am having a sneaky peek on BE to see what you all have been up to.

Take Care
Tracy
Good luck with (trying ) packing and have a lovely weekend too!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:21 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Take Care
Tracy

oohh Tracy you have been busy ! 2 weeks left eh

happy easter
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:21 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by tum
Good luck with (trying ) packing and have a lovely weekend too!
Hi Miranda
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hereshoping

Fingers crossed for you - just smile and say how pleased you are to have nice people buying your house. (That always helps!!)

Take Care
Tracy

Sounds like you've been busy! I bet it's manic in your house!!

If you don't mind me asking, how will the post from the PO box reach you? I thought you couldn't open an Auspost post box until you were a resident?? (Catch 22) I might be wrong though as it is something I haven't really looked into.

Hi Ic and Miranda! *waves* Hope you're having good days. I'm doing the washing and cleaning the kitchen - that's fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.