Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Hi Guys

well house all packed up took the last of thr rubbish today had a little moment as we said goodbye to the house !! We ar now at mams after yesterday we had such a busy day getting all pur things transported and moved to 3 different places ! Bles as I write this Phil has been a peeps for 4 hrs !

We are really comfy here still feels strange although I lived here for years with my family. We have 8 days here then we move into our rental and then santa comes !!

Sorry I havent been around much have to have a catch up soon

Amanda xx
Hi Amanda,

Sounds like have been very busy! How does it feel to be footloose and mortgage free? Hope you can enjoy being at your parents Not long though and then you're in your swanky pad!

It's very quiet on here. W2BT flew out today and Somme and Tiggs are both without internet access prior to flying out next week! So you'll have to pop in every so often to keep me company!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:08 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

well our house is on the internet now, so hopfeully someone will snap it up.
does anyone know if estate agent contracts are legally binding?
it gets my back up that they can say no contract involved, but yet they want you to sign something which says otherwise:curse:
bec
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bec,

Good luck with your sale. Hope you get lots of viewers!

Sadly the contract is legally binding. Why they say there is no contract baffles me?Does the contract allow for multiple agencies? Maybe that's what they mean? Or do they mean no sale no fee??

If you try to sell the house to someone who was introduced by the EA behind the EAs back, they are within their rights to sue you! Also if you sell to a 3rd party - even a house purchase company, they may have put in the contract that you have to pay them their costs. They can find out who buys a property through the land registry, so they have it pretty much sewn up.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:52 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Bec,

Sadly the contract is legally binding. Why they say there is no contract baffles me?Does the contract allow for multiple agencies? Maybe that's what they mean? Or do they mean no sale no fee??

If you try to sell the house to someone who was introduced by the EA behind the EAs back, they are within their rights to sue you! Also if you sell to a 3rd party - even a house purchase company, they may have put in the contract that you have to pay them their costs. They can find out who buys a property through the land registry, so they have it pretty much sewn up.
i cant see how they can do this?
this estate agents website is misleading as it says no contract "like other EA's"
lying gits:curse:
bec
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by egghead4
i cant see how they can do this?
this estate agents website is misleading as it says no contract "like other EA's"
lying gits:curse:
bec
Hi bec

PM me the website for the agent, maybe it'll make sense when I see it??
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bec,

As this is a civil issue surely they would have difficulty following it up if you move to Australia?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy
As this is a civil issue surely they would have difficulty following it up if you move to Australia?
They probably wouldn't pursue you to Oz, but they could register a CCJ against your name for the outstanding fees in the UK. If you ever came back to the UK this would haunt you.

I don't think for one minute that Bec would do this, but, this is why they make you sign the contract.

Her contract could be completely different - she'd have to check it. I am speaking from experience of the various EA's I have dealt with through work. (I used to investigate fraudulent mortgage applications - sometimes EA's were involved in this!)
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:36 am
egghead4+becky

Hi bec

PM me the website for the agent, maybe it'll make sense when I see it??
how do I do this, I just checked and it says - oh maybe I shouldnt say.
let me know how to pm you this
bec
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:39 am
egghead4+becky

They probably wouldn't pursue you to Oz, but they could register a CCJ against your name for the outstanding fees in the UK. If you ever came back to the UK this would haunt you.

I don't think for one minute that Bec would do this, but, this is why they make you sign the contract.

Her contract could be completely different - she'd have to check it. I am speaking from experience of the various EA's I have dealt with through work. (I used to investigate fraudulent mortgage applications - sometimes EA's were involved in this!)
just pm'd you
bec
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

just pm'd you
bec
Got your PM.

It seems to state in no uncertain terms that there is not a contract. I think they may mean there is no minimum term. Otherwise, how would they ensure they got their commission?? No one would pay! The contract may just say you have to pay the x% if someone introduced by them buys the house. You''l have to look at it carefully. I'd definately ask why the advertise as no contract and then have one. The word's Trades Descriptions Act come to mind! EAs have found many ways to annoy us eh??
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 9:50 am
egghead4+becky

Got your PM.

It seems to state in no uncertain terms that there is not a contract. I think they may mean there is no minimum term. Otherwise, how would they ensure they got their commission?? No one would pay! The contract may just say you have to pay the x% if someone introduced by them buys the house. You''l have to look at it carefully. I'd definately ask why the advertise as no contract and then have one. The word's Trades Descriptions Act come to mind! EAs have found many ways to annoy us eh??
yeah I know this is why I am right p'd off with them, as it does clearly say no contract on the selling part of their website. I think i may give them a ring tomorrow, although we will probably stay with them now as we have arranged the hip as well and I dont want to delay things.
fly away you are a fountain of knowledge
bec
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah I know this is why I am right p'd off with them, as it does clearly say no contract on the selling part of their website. I think i may give them a ring tomorrow, although we will probably stay with them now as we have arranged the hip as well and I dont want to delay things.
fly away you are a fountain of knowledge

Well I wouldn't say that, I've just spent a lot of my career in property / mortgages / insurance. I've also moved house a lot! I don't know much about other things!!
bec
I would definately ask them what they mean by no contract. As you say, no reason to change just yet, but annoying!!

We're still waiting for the draft pictures/details from our new EA. They may get them done by next week. At least we don't have to have a HIP done!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Afternoon all,

Just got back from more Christmas shopping.

Please let it all be over soon.......................

I have something on everyday now until the 22nd Dec. When will I have time to do anything?? Let alone sell this house!

Any news from anyone?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Afternoon all,

Just got back from more Christmas shopping.

Please let it all be over soon.......................

I have something on everyday now until the 22nd Dec. When will I have time to do anything?? Let alone sell this house!

Any news from anyone?
No news from me still have house for sale and its still a bombsite!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
thanks hun, will be on here again before we leave to see how everyones geting on, left oh mum and dad sobbing tonight, felt really bad but it was never going to be easy and also had to say bye to my bestest friend anywayt just got to focus on whats to come
Its horrid saying good bye isnt it? I rememember feeling like the devil incarnate and was so sick of saying good bye all i wanted to do was to say hello to someone!!
Well i AM now - and you will be too very soon. Sure you all remember the hassle i had with my mum - well she is now being fantastic, i send lots of texts, emails and skype all to break her into it gently and she is much much happier now she realises it is so easy to stay in touch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.