Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good news - hope it goes well.

You aren't worried about anything on the survey are you?

Hopefully the mortgage offer will be out soon and you will have a date for exchange.
only the fact we had queried subsidence 3 years ago aghhhh - apparently it wasnt subsidence in the end just cracks from the silver birch tree sucking out all the moisture so we had that fixed up, and he hasnt mentioned anything today so fingers crossed.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
only the fact we had queried subsidence 3 years ago aghhhh - apparently it wasnt subsidence in the end just cracks from the silver birch tree sucking out all the moisture so we had that fixed up, and he hasnt mentioned anything today so fingers crossed.
So he has been then? If there there is a query you have the proof that the problem has been treated and that it isn't subsidence - a pain in the b*m but not a sale killer.

Fingers crossed it all goes through quickly and smoothly from now on!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Hi Folks,

Not posted on here for ages so no idea where everyone's up to?
Our house selling nightmare continues...
Our friends who were going to buy off us couldn't raise the 15% deposit the mortgage lender wanted.
Then another no chain buyer came along, loved it, wanted the furniture and to be in ASAP.
Survey done last week, no problems.
Today they just pulled out for "personal circumstances":curse:
Getting so fed up with this now, feels like we will never get to Oz.
OH and I work for the same firm and have done for the last 10 years, it has 300+ employees, everyone knows we are emigrating and we must get asked 10 times a day "when are you going?". Can't face telling them all we're back to square one
Hope you lot are doing better than us, need some positive house sale stories!!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinky2
Hi Folks,

Not posted on here for ages so no idea where everyone's up to?
Our house selling nightmare continues...
Our friends who were going to buy off us couldn't raise the 15% deposit the mortgage lender wanted.
Then another no chain buyer came along, loved it, wanted the furniture and to be in ASAP.
Survey done last week, no problems.
Today they just pulled out for "personal circumstances"
Getting so fed up with this now, feels like we will never get to Oz.
OH and I work for the same firm and have done for the last 10 years, it has 300+ employees, everyone knows we are emigrating and we must get asked 10 times a day "when are you going?". Can't face telling them all we're back to square one
Hope you lot are doing better than us, need some positive house sale stories!!
Oh Dinky, what a bummer. You must be tearing your hair out.

I bet 'personal reasons' were they got cold feet about buying in a falling market.:curse:

Well, the good news is that want2bthere, Somme and Tiggs, have completed and flown out!! Amanda has completed and moved into a rental. Gonnago has accepted an offer and is waiting for an exchange date. Daunted is in Perth and her sale should complete any day now.

On the otherside, myself and Dan the Plumber are still trying to sell.

We've reduced the price and gone with a new EA - online today. Let's see what happens

If I were you I'd just try to enjoy Christmas and then make a fresh start in Jan. They are talking about another rate drop, which should help things a bit.

Sending you positive thoughts and K's for good luck.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Thanks for the positive thoughts and karma Tried to return it but I have to spread it around!!
Great to hear so many people have had good news, was beginning to think the housing market had died completely.
Feeling a bit better now OH has supplied wine and cheese crackers- think the pre-Christmas diet is over!!
Hope the new EA brings you some good luck, think we are going to give ours the boot in the New Year and try someone new.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dinky2
Thanks for the positive thoughts and karma Tried to return it but I have to spread it around!!
Great to hear so many people have had good news, was beginning to think the housing market had died completely.
Feeling a bit better now OH has supplied wine and cheese crackers- think the pre-Christmas diet is over!!
Hope the new EA brings you some good luck, think we are going to give ours the boot in the New Year and try someone new.
Everyone who sold took really big cuts in price. I guess that's just how it is at the moment.

Hope giving your EA the boot works. Sometimes just changing one thing is all that is needed.

We keep cleaning and fixing and tidying up in the hope that the last viewers didn't like because this door handle was loose or that bit of paint was chipped. It's a bit like OCD!

Enjoy the crackers and wine! You deserve a treat after all this.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

We going to ditch 2 of our EA's in January. Bet you thou that they will receive the letters and will find us some viewers, we'll wait and see.

Am def going to drop price thou even if its just 5k to start with and then see what happens.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spaceys
We going to ditch 2 of our EA's in January. Bet you thou that they will receive the letters and will find us some viewers, we'll wait and see.

Am def going to drop price thou even if its just 5k to start with and then see what happens.
Good luck with that. I hope it works.

I bet the old EAs do send some people along as soon as you say you are leaving .

I hope they drop the rate again - even if it's only by a quarter %, that should help our cause too.

I was very depressed about the whole thing the other day - especially as some idiot had a go at me on here saying it was our own fault the house wouldn't sell.:curse: However, I've just had some great feedback on our house so I'm back to feeling positive again. You must try to do the same. Buyers pick up a negaative vibe and play on it.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hi all, Hi Fly!
Not been on for a while soooooo bloody busy - why does everyone want everything done just before Christmas???!!!!!
This thread can't be dead can it? Found it on page 5
Be on later!
DTP
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi all, Hi Fly!
Not been on for a while soooooo bloody busy - why does everyone want everything done just before Christmas???!!!!!
This thread can't be dead can it? Found it on page 5
Be on later!
DTP
Hi Dan,

I think everyone is very busy, so no one is posting. I've been out every night this week and had a few minor crises at work so I've not been around much. As you say, everyone wants things done 'by Christmas'. No idea why??

How's the house selling going? We haven't had any viewers in December have you? EA reckons it'll pick up after Christmas...... They're coming round on Monday to do the floor plans. Apparently this is the new thing! Hope it helps.

Speak later.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Hi Flyaway,

How much have you dropped your asking price by????? Originally we were on for 329995, then we dropped 10k to 319995 and thinking may even drop to 310k after xmas...

No viewers since October
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spaceys
Hi Flyaway,

How much have you dropped your asking price by????? Originally we were on for 329995, then we dropped 10k to 319995 and thinking may even drop to 310k after xmas...

No viewers since October
Hi Spaceys,

We first put the house on in May 2% under the EA's suggested price as we thought it a bit over optimistic. Then we dropped by another 3% in September when the market slowed down, then we dropped again by another 3% at the start of November in the vain hope of catching the 'must get in before Christmas' brigade. Our new EA says the house is not over priced but we will possibly reduce again in January if there isn't a flood of interest as the new EA promised.....

The trouble is, if you reduce too much people think there must be something wrong with the house or you are desperate to sell. Which of course we are, but we don't want them knowing do we???

We have a minimum price we will accept at the moment - but we haven't told the EA in case they let it slip to the viewers. You know, 'It's on for £XK but they'll take £xK under that'.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

stevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Gonnago
GRRRRRRR - agents are losers - need I say more?
Good luck with it - game is full of timewasters and nosey parkers.
been there got the T shirt mate. British house agents are poor. Oz has a better system the agent always arrives with the buyer.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stevieuk123
been there got the T shirt mate. British house agents are poor. Oz has a better system the agent always arrives with the buyer.
Hi Everyone

Well we havent had even one viewer!! The agents valued it at 395k so we put it on at that - had a viewer who cancelled twice on us!! Not a sniff since!!! Agent suggested dropping down to 375 in new year but bit of a drop for me!!! We thought he had over valued but other agent valued it at the same - so a 20 grand drop seems a bit steep to me.

Been busy at work and had flu so not been on for ages - just hoping that New Year will make a difference but not holding my breath - just feel deflated by it.

I suppose we can all safely say that we will not be selling over the next 3 weeks!!!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by johull
Hi Everyone

Well we havent had even one viewer!! The agents valued it at 395k so we put it on at that - had a viewer who cancelled twice on us!! Not a sniff since!!! Agent suggested dropping down to 375 in new year but bit of a drop for me!!! We thought he had over valued but other agent valued it at the same - so a 20 grand drop seems a bit steep to me.

Been busy at work and had flu so not been on for ages - just hoping that New Year will make a difference but not holding my breath - just feel deflated by it.

I suppose we can all safely say that we will not be selling over the next 3 weeks!!!
Hi Johull and stevieuk,

You and I have been in this boat a long time haven't we Johull? Trouble is we are both at the top end of the market and there are fewer buyers out there anyway in that price band. People are scared to move up the ladder too much at the moment - although it is the best time to buy when the market has cooled.

We have had the same thing happen, 2 EAs saying the house is worth what it is on the market for. The first actually said it should be on for 8% more.
Fingers crossed that you get some viewers in Jan.

Stevie, yup the system stinks. I've lost count of the number of people who must see the house today, no matter the inconveniance to me, just to let slip that it wasn't urgent at all as they haven't even sold their house. GRR.

I have given the new agent strict instructions that they must check out all viewers are genuine and can actually afford the property. I have also refused unaccompanied viewings as I am paying them a considerable amount of money, they should at least do some work for it.:curse:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.