Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

About time there was a reduction!!!! Lets hope it goes down another quarter percent beginning of next year, I think they will..

Its all good news thou. I did check on the internet to see if it had gone down as had heard that they were announcing it midday today....

Good luck Fly away, we need all the luck we can get......
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
About time there was a reduction!!!! Lets hope it goes down another quarter percent beginning of next year, I think they will..

Its all good news thou. I did check on the internet to see if it had gone down as had heard that they were announcing it midday today....

Good luck Fly away, we need all the luck we can get......

Thanks Spaceys - lots of luck to you too.How long have you been on the market?

While we're waiting to sell it should reduce our mortgages too - can't be a bad thing!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

I think it was around end of July time we put it on market. Have got a 4 bed house to sell so we have had HIP done, waste of time thou I thought as house is only nearly 5 years old!!!!! Oh well had to be done.

Anyway we are going end of March, and am thinking about applying for a mortgage holiday for 6 months if house not sold. That way we can go and not have to pay for 2 places. My thinking is that it should take us up to about September so surely house would of sold by then!!!!!

But am going to wait until new year and maybe drop by another 10k to see if the interest drop and our price drop will help

Tracey
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We've been on since May. 'Sold' once only to have the buyers try and force our price down time after time. Then they pulled out when we wouldn't drop. Now we're kicking ourselves of course as we have since dropped the price by 8% and still no interest. Luckily we didn't need an HIP as we got on before the deadline. Small consololation I suppose.

Good idea to just go if you can. Once you are over there, it will be alot easier to be relaxed about the house sale and time will fly.

Like you, we will try another price reduction in Feb if nothing happens. If all else fails we'll send it to auction and risk taking a massive loss.................. sigh

I'm just hoping it will come out in the wash as I am so stressed over this now. We put the house on the market early to avoid precisely this situation.

Good luck with your sale!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Did ask EA's about dropping price and they said to hold fire! Makes no sense thou as we are getting no viewers. Oh well am confident that it will go in the end, but just not sure when the end will be????

Its under 3 weeks now to christmas so cant see anything happening between now and then so prob best just to try and forget about it and not get too stressed about it.

Do you have a time limit when you have to be there by?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did ask EA's about dropping price and they said to hold fire! Makes no sense thou as we are getting no viewers. Oh well am confident that it will go in the end, but just not sure when the end will be????

Its under 3 weeks now to christmas so cant see anything happening between now and then so prob best just to try and forget about it and not get too stressed about it.

Do you have a time limit when you have to be there by?
That's funny, we just signed with a new EA who said the same thing. It does reassure you that the house isn't over priced.

To be honest, I'd rather lose £10k now and save money in the next 6 months. We have a high mortgage and Council tax, elec, gas etc, so we could save quite a lot by moving into a small flat for 6 mths. It so happens we also own a flat which will be vacant in Jan... so that would work out nicely.... but it's just a dream. sigh.

We don't have a deadline, but our visa should be with us by Aprilish and we would rather go straight away to avoid validation etc.

I'm trying to forget about it, but it's hard!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I find it very hard thou to trust EA's especially after watching that programme on itv 'SOLD'
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I find it very hard thou to trust EA's especially after watching that programme on itv 'SOLD'
PMSL - I watched that too!!

Many moons ago I used to work for a mortgage company investigating mortgage application fraud. You wouldn't believe what EAs get up to! I found several purchasing their clients houses under a false name!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's funny, we just signed with a new EA who said the same thing. It does reassure you that the house isn't over priced.

To be honest, I'd rather lose £10k now and save money in the next 6 months. We have a high mortgage and Council tax, elec, gas etc, so we could save quite a lot by moving into a small flat for 6 mths. It so happens we also own a flat which will be vacant in Jan... so that would work out nicely.... but it's just a dream. sigh.

We don't have a deadline, but our visa should be with us by Aprilish and we would rather go straight away to avoid validation etc.

I'm trying to forget about it, but it's hard!

What's meant to be will be!!!!

Look at me - 4 weeks ago I was panicking that ours wouldn't be sold and now it looks as though we will complete in time for Xmas after all!!!

The surveyor came this morning, he didn't ask any questions so I am guessing he found nothing wrong!!!! He was literally only here for 10 mins - I wonder how much the purchasers paid for his time!

Lau x
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy
What's meant to be will be!!!!

Look at me - 4 weeks ago I was panicking that ours wouldn't be sold and now it looks as though we will complete in time for Xmas after all!!!

The surveyor came this morning, he didn't ask any questions so I am guessing he found nothing wrong!!!! He was literally only here for 10 mins - I wonder how much the purchasers paid for his time!

Lau x
Evening Lau,

Glad to hear the survey went well. I bet they only had the homebuyers survey as it is still under NHBC guarantee. You're lucky the surveyor actually came into the house.

Hopefully the survey will be with the mortgage co on Monday - tick box jobby. Offer out by Thursday!

As you say, what will be will be, but if I just knew what it will be - I'd have peace of mind!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Evening Lau,

Glad to hear the survey went well. I bet they only had the homebuyers survey as it is still under NHBC guarantee. You're lucky the surveyor actually came into the house.

Hopefully the survey will be with the mortgage co on Monday - tick box jobby. Offer out by Thursday!

As you say, what will be will be, but if I just knew what it will be - I'd have peace of mind!
Can you remember how frustrated I was getting - me and you sure are control freaks Nx
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can you remember how frustrated I was getting - me and you sure are control freaks Nx
Yup! That's me, I have to do things my way - or be in charge! Not being able to control other people drives me mad.

We have just been proof reading the new EAs details and they are crap! Crap English! Crap punctuation! The selling features are hardly mentioned and for this they want a lot of money!

As you know, not knowing if the house will sell is dementia inducing. Now we have 2 to sell. Aghhh. Although I would like to sell this one first and move into the flat. Bet we can't swing that!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yup! That's me, I have to do things my way - or be in charge! Not being able to control other people drives me mad.

We have just been proof reading the new EAs details and they are crap! Crap English! Crap punctuation! The selling features are hardly mentioned and for this they want a lot of money!

As you know, not knowing if the house will sell is dementia inducing. Now we have 2 to sell. Aghhh. Although I would like to sell this one first and move into the flat. Bet we can't swing that!
We had the same problem with our details had to send them back twice

We are just too fussy - the EA dreaded hearing from me

Lau x
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We had the same problem with our details had to send them back twice

We are just too fussy - the EA dreaded hearing from me

Lau x
Glad it's not just me. The photos were dreadful - over exposed. I'm going to ask them to come back and retake some of them or give them some decent ones.

This is why we tried to sell on our own for a while. It's not brain surgery to produce details.

Have you had any more thoughts about Sydney or Melbourne?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Glad it's not just me. The photos were dreadful - over exposed. I'm going to ask them to come back and retake some of them or give them some decent ones.

This is why we tried to sell on our own for a while. It's not brain surgery to produce details.

Have you had any more thoughts about Sydney or Melbourne?
My heart wants to go to Sydney!!!

I have 2 telephone interviews next week now. One at 7am on Monday the other 6am Tuesday.

Mon's there is the choice of Mellie or Sydney and I am not sure about Tues originally there was one position based in Mellie but had call from recruitment agency today and they have created 2 posts one covering Mellie and Tas and the other National - maybe they would let me settle in Sydney???

Just have to wait and see what if anything I am offered....

Lau x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.