Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by daunted
My best mate and her family have just left after the good byes! she was a mess - I havent cried once - am i a heartless b****????????
No you're not. It just hasn't hit you yet. I bet one day in Oz, you'll suddenly really miss her and blub - out of the blue. At the moment you're looking forward and your friend is already looking back.

Sending big huggs (((((((()))))))))
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
No you're not. It just hasn't hit you yet. I bet one day in Oz, you'll suddenly really miss her and blub - out of the blue. At the moment you're looking forward and your friend is already looking back.

Sending big huggs (((((((()))))))))
Thank goodness for that - i was beginning to think i really was one heartless bitch

thanks for the hugs
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness for that - i was beginning to think i really was one heartless bitch

thanks for the hugs
You must be so excited by now!! All the adrenalin is rushing through your body. (The Elephants) Another reason you feel a bit 'numb'. You're all ready and prepared for fight or flight. You've chosen flight. LOL.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

You must be so excited by now!! All the adrenalin is rushing through your body. (The Elephants) Another reason you feel a bit 'numb'. You're all ready and prepared for fight or flight. You've chosen flight. LOL.
yeah and a damned long one at that!!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah and a damned long one at that!!
At least you get a chance to relax a bit - it's so BORING.

I've just done a bad thing.

I taught Timber Floor Aus how to find his old threads and now he's busy digging them all up. Sorry folks.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Morning all, I was awake at 3.00 am panicking on how much we have to do, my turn to have a wobbly tummy this morning.

Back to sorting
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:20 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by somme
Morning all, I was awake at 3.00 am panicking on how much we have to do, my turn to have a wobbly tummy this morning.

Back to sorting
try and sleep
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
try and sleep
I do but wander around between 3 and 5 when I can't do anything other than worry then sleep 5-9 when I wanted to be up at 7

Fright or Flight at the moment FRIGHT
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:46 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

I do but wander around between 3 and 5 when I can't do anything other than worry then sleep 5-9 when I wanted to be up at 7

Fright or Flight at the moment FRIGHT
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Morning Somme. Only 9 days until the container comes. Aghhh!!!!!

Your guess is as good as mine with school. In herself she is fine, but she can't walk without a walking frame, get upstairs, go to the loo etc. Today we took the bandage off as instructed and it doesn't look too bad. I just can't see how she would cope at school - they have to change classrooms all the time - up and down stairs, miles to walk every day. She can just about get to the car at the moment. I am going to phone them today and ask as she could end up having weeks off if they can't make arrangements which they should, considering the injury was caused at school because they weren't supervisng the playground properly. I am now worried about our meds in case she isn't healed properly by then.

Oh No - Poor thing

Wouldnt worry too much about the medical - when we had ours I had a ear, throat and gum infection - was awful but I rang them and explained and they said it was fine - medical went fine - I looked like cr*p and had awful breath due to my infected gum due to a wisdom tooth coming through - which then infected the rest of my head!!!!!

Stil no news on our house - same people let me down again last saturday so I am not going to get worked up now. The back of our house is a bit of a mess. The location is fab but the garage is not so good. My Dave is a builder so we had architect up on Sunday morning to look it over and he is going to get the plans in asap and we are putting a garage with another bedroom over the top. Our thinking is that for the cost it will be for Dave to do the work himself, we will achieve the 400k mark we want - if not we will prob have to drop more - plus it willthen be a 4 bedroom with a downstairs WC and a shower room and utility. We completely gutted the house and moved in on Xmas Eve last year - and have only had a couple of months off doing jobs - hey ho - here we go again.

We cant see anything happenieng till spring so hopefully will have work done - or practically done by then. Need as many pennis as poss for our new life!!!

Good Luck everyone

Jo
x
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:11 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

morning all!!
i am stowed under with paperwork at the moment - daunted inspired me to get on with it and sort things out!!!

Back to sorting
i have been feeling like that for a few days now - too much to do too little time

Originally Posted by johull

Stil no news on our house - same people let me down again last saturday so I am not going to get worked up now. The back of our house is a bit of a mess. The location is fab but the garage is not so good. My Dave is a builder so we had architect up on Sunday morning to look it over and he is going to get the plans in asap and we are putting a garage with another bedroom over the top. Our thinking is that for the cost it will be for Dave to do the work himself, we will achieve the 400k mark we want - if not we will prob have to drop more - plus it willthen be a 4 bedroom with a downstairs WC and a shower room and utility. We completely gutted the house and moved in on Xmas Eve last year - and have only had a couple of months off doing jobs - hey ho - here we go again.

We cant see anything happenieng till spring so hopefully will have work done - or practically done by then. Need as many pennis as poss for our new life!!!

Good Luck everyone

Jo
x
noooooo not more diy
i have to admit that i am not going to miss spending all our time doing up a house - i am looking forward to some quality diy free living
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
morning all!!
i am stowed under with paperwork at the moment - daunted inspired me to get on with it and sort things out!!!

Good for you I have been doing my nieces account and tax return this morning one less thing to worry about

i have been feeling like that for a few days now - too much to do too little time

Glad I am not the only one

noooooo not more diy
i have to admit that i am not going to miss spending all our time doing up a house - i am looking forward to some quality diy free living
I couldn't agree more, although he keeps talking of a self build and I keep saying no,no,no
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:10 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't agree more, although he keeps talking of a self build and I keep saying no,no,no
funnily enough (or not ) Graz keeps saying the same thing
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all!

Originally Posted by johull
Oh No - Poor thing

Wouldnt worry too much about the medical - when we had ours I had a ear, throat and gum infection - was awful but I rang them and explained and they said it was fine - medical went fine - I looked like cr*p and had awful breath due to my infected gum due to a wisdom tooth coming through - which then infected the rest of my head!!!!!

Good Luck everyone

Jo
x
Thanks for the reassurance re the meds! Sounds like you weren't too good on the day! My DD is back at school today - they have organised a wheelchair for her!! (I think my little talk with the headmistress worked!)

OMG - DIY!! We considered it - we have a 3rd storey which used to be the servants quarters (!!) and is now a storage area. There is room for 2 more beds and 1 or 2 baths up there. The EAs advised us not to do the work as we wouldn't get the money back.

Hope that it works for you. Can't believe that viewer let you down AGAIN. :curse::curse::curse:

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
morning all!!

noooooo not more diy i have to admit that i am not going to miss spending all our time doing up a house - i am looking forward to some quality diy free living
Hope the paperwork isn't too awful! Once it's done you'll feel better. (You'll start to worry about something else, but never mind. LOL)

I agree, I've had 20 years of DIY - NO MORE!! Please. (I can now see us buying a reno after I said that .......................)

Somme - hope you get some sleep. I know what it's like not being able to sleep because you are thinking about all the things you have to do. But as S Sparky, said, get some sleep when you can. Does it matter if you're packing all night and sleeping all morning? Or do you have to speak to people etc?

Good luck to everyone today!! I am tidying my house up now small child is at school and might get the least worst EA back.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMSL. It's a man thing. My OH does too! I might consider it after a few years of living in a complete house - so long as I don't have to live in a caravan on site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.