Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Good luck for today Nic.......we've just reduced our house yet again
Beth x x
Thanks Beth,

Just finished most of the cleaning. She'd better turn up now!!

Oh no, what a pain that you've had to reduce again. You must be going mad waiting. Hold tight now for a few weeks, things do seem to be moving around here - so there should be a knock on effect to you soon.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck for today Nic.......we've just reduced our house yet again
Beth x x
Good Luck for today Nic, fingers crossed for you

Hi Beth, we reduced ours last week and will probably reduce again this week, we saw cars looking this weekend, but no call from the EA this morning to organise a viewing

Tracy
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:50 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Good Luck for today Nic, fingers crossed for you

Hi Beth, we reduced ours last week and will probably reduce again this week, we saw cars looking this weekend, but no call from the EA this morning to organise a viewing

Tracy
We have a plan!!!!! Our visas have to be validated by October.....so we would like to move in August (so the girls don't have to start the new school year in UK).
We may totally slash the house price just to sell the bloody thing ( been a long 9 months on the market already!!!) and basically just cover the mortgage, and then move into a rented house until August to make up the money we will lose by selling cheaper.
At least this way we can pick our date to fly without the worry of a buyer pulling out last minute!!!
Beth x x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We have a plan!!!!! Our visas have to be validated by October.....so we would like to move in August (so the girls don't have to start the new school year in UK).
We may totally slash the house price just to sell the bloody thing ( been a long 9 months on the market already!!!) and basically just cover the mortgage, and then move into a rented house until August to make up the money we will lose by selling cheaper.
At least this way we can pick our date to fly without the worry of a buyer pulling out last minute!!!
Beth x x
Sounds like a good plan! Don't forget to factor in the legal costs etc. We had the same plan - move into rented while we wait for the visa, doesn't seem to be happening.

Hope your sister's party went well. When is she leaving??

Good luck to you too Tracy. Hopefully people will be ringing the EA today for appointments. Like I said to Beth, our EA said first time buyers are biting now, so the market should start to move and chains set up.

Sending Ks if I can for good luck:

(Our viewer hasn't cancelled yet - just got the playroom to tidy and I've finished - not sure if I want to do that yet as it will be the death knell and she'll cancel.)
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:11 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sounds like a good plan! Don't forget to factor in the legal costs etc. We had the same plan - move into rented while we wait for the visa, doesn't seem to be happening.

Hope your sister's party went well. When is she leaving??

Good luck to you too Tracy. Hopefully people will be ringing the EA today for appointments. Like I said to Beth, our EA said first time buyers are biting now, so the market should start to move and chains set up.

Sending Ks if I can for good luck:

(Our viewer hasn't cancelled yet - just got the playroom to tidy and I've finished - not sure if I want to do that yet as it will be the death knell and she'll cancel.)
My sister flies a week today Broke my bloody heart saying goodbye to her and the kids!!! Then my mum decided me, her and my sister should spend some time together on Friday without the kids....and then they will all come up my house on saturday so the kids can spend a few more hours together!!!
So......more tears to come again on fri and sat!!!
I have never cried like I did saying goodbye to my sister........it was like a funeral!!! But I have to go through it again another twice now.......so this is a bad week for me
I don't know how people can do it myself.......I physically broke down in the pub........really hurts inside.
Glad my mum decided that we should get together again though before my sister flies........I think she decided that when my sister and I were hugging each other, crying and screaming 'I love you' to each other outside the pub....LOL
My hubby had to take me to the car while my sister had my mum.......bloody awful it was!!!
Beth x x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys thought I'd join this thread as have started reading as now joined the realms of whinging pom house seller. House only been on market a week and had six round and a one who came round twice.
Have three kids so really hard to keep the house tidy. Spent a lot of time since september painting and decorating everything and it looks great.
So now the frustrating bit, thought waiting for the visa was bad it's only been a week and am fed up with this already. Still have no choice. Haven't told the EA we are emigrating but simply moving 'away' into rented (which will be true).
Anyway good luck to allfellow house sellers, fingers crossed for us all.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My sister flies a week today Broke my bloody heart saying goodbye to her and the kids!!! Then my mum decided me, her and my sister should spend some time together on Friday without the kids....and then they will all come up my house on saturday so the kids can spend a few more hours together!!!
So......more tears to come again on fri and sat!!!
I have never cried like I did saying goodbye to my sister........it was like a funeral!!! But I have to go through it again another twice now.......so this is a bad week for me
I don't know how people can do it myself.......I physically broke down in the pub........really hurts inside.
Glad my mum decided that we should get together again though before my sister flies........I think she decided that when my sister and I were hugging each other, crying and screaming 'I love you' to each other outside the pub....LOL
My hubby had to take me to the car while my sister had my mum.......bloody awful it was!!!
Beth x x
Ah bless you all. Your poor Mum - losing 2 daughters to Aus. Is she going to follow you over?? Hope that you can get through the next week. The good thing is that you will hopefully get to see your sister in Aus quite often.

Originally Posted by maisey
Hi guys thought I'd join this thread as have started reading as now joined the realms of whinging pom house seller. House only been on market a week and had six round and a one who came round twice.
Have three kids so really hard to keep the house tidy. Spent a lot of time since september painting and decorating everything and it looks great.
So now the frustrating bit, thought waiting for the visa was bad it's only been a week and am fed up with this already. Still have no choice. Haven't told the EA we are emigrating but simply moving 'away' into rented (which will be true).
Anyway good luck to allfellow house sellers, fingers crossed for us all.
Welcome to the thread. Gosh, you're doing well, 6 viewers in a week! We have probably not had that many more in 8 months. Try keeping a house tidy for 8 months.Hopefully you'll get an offer soon.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Well update from me. Had a viewer yesterday but they not even on market yet so complete waste of time really . My viewer from wed has now cancelled as they have found a property at the week end .

But EA has called to say there is a couple v interested and will arrange a viewing soon. Lets hope so

How did you get on fly away?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Evening everyone,

Well, the phantom viewer turned up complete with baby in arms. Just spoke to the EA and she loved it! She wants her husband to see the house and said she'd ring back to make an appointment. Apparently she's seen loads of houses and has only gone back to one. We'll have to wait and see if this happens.

Trying to forget about it now and concentrate on the viewing on Saturday.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well update from me. Had a viewer yesterday but they not even on market yet so complete waste of time really . My viewer from wed has now cancelled as they have found a property at the week end .

But EA has called to say there is a couple v interested and will arrange a viewing soon. Lets hope so

How did you get on fly away?
Hi Spaceys, was typing my post and the phone rang, so missed yours. What a bummer that your viewer cancelled.:curse: I know how you feel. Hopefully the property they want will fall through. Maybe the viewer who isn't on the market will come back??? Good luck with the other couple - hope you hear soon.

Sending you some Ks for good luck, (if I can!)
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:29 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening everyone,

Well, the phantom viewer turned up complete with baby in arms. Just spoke to the EA and she loved it! She wants her husband to see the house and said she'd ring back to make an appointment. Apparently she's seen loads of houses and has only gone back to one. We'll have to wait and see if this happens.

Trying to forget about it now and concentrate on the viewing on Saturday.
good luck fingers crossed for a good offer hun

We have got rid of rental house we think..letting agent called today to say they have someone who wants to move in 1st feb!!! so now we are going to put stuff in storage
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
good luck fingers crossed for a good offer hun

We have got rid of rental house we think..letting agent called today to say they have someone who wants to move in 1st feb!!! so now we are going to put stuff in storage
Thanks OzzieClaire!

Sounds like the decision is made for you. Sometimes fate gives us a shove. So you will be bunking with your bro then? Will you fly out as soon as you have your visa? Have fun moving - AGAIN
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Well that all sounds promising for you. At least people are actually looking now so that makes me feel better anyway. will wait and see what EA comes back to us with......hopefully more viewings would be perfect.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Oh well thought I'd join you all in the none house seller thread.
My house has been on the market since Nov 07, had 3 people view it. One lady put an offer in stright away, but it was 22k under the asking price, declined offer. Had another couple who r really intrested, but they have only just put there's on the market. Haven't had any other viewing's for the last 3 weeks. Just want to go now.
Congratulations to everyone who has sold there's in the last few weeks. Lets hope some more sell soon.

Emma
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well that all sounds promising for you. At least people are actually looking now so that makes me feel better anyway. will wait and see what EA comes back to us with......hopefully more viewings would be perfect.
That's the key - people have to start looking again. Even those people who haven't sold, might love yours and go away and put theirs on the market. If you sell to someone else, bet they would keep looking... That's how the market gains momentum. Fingers crossed for more viewings for you.

Originally Posted by suart
Oh well thought I'd join you all in the none house seller thread.
My house has been on the market since Nov 07, had 3 people view it. One lady put an offer in stright away, but it was 22k under the asking price, declined offer. Had another couple who r really intrested, but they have only just put there's on the market. Haven't had any other viewing's for the last 3 weeks. Just want to go now.
Congratulations to everyone who has sold there's in the last few weeks. Lets hope some more sell soon.

Emma

Hi Emma and welcome. It's soul destroying when yu just want to sell isn't it?? I went to a meet yesterday and every person there had their house on the market and had, had little or no interest. We haven't had a viewing since October, but have 2 this week, so hopefully, things are picking up. Fingers crossed that you get some more viewings soon. If someone made an offer, it means that your property is saleable. Have you got your visa yet or are you still waiting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.