Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Wahay!!

Glad to hear you're back to excited. Funny how work can do that to you!

You and Tiggs are under strict instructions to keep blogging! How else can we keep tabs on you? We never got the 2nd half of your Icelandic saga did we??
oh yeah - i forgot about the iceland saga - OK i will try get that bit finished at least

Originally Posted by graz79
Hello girls, who missed me

Just found out i am being kicked out of work on the 30th Nov not the 3rd Dec as there is no point working one monday

and i get paid twice this month

then i earn nothing for a whole month
oooooooh by the time Tiggs finished giving youjobs you will be begging to go back to work
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Daunted how will we know how you are getting on

It will be great we just want to know you are OK and enjoying yourself
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme

Hey i will stay in touch Im going before my house has completed so i will still be a WPHS for a bit yet
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:49 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

i have thought of loads of stuff that i could blog about - but i just dont have time
i will make some notes now to write up later and i am planning on keeping a diary while i am offline so the blog will get done - it will just be a little behind for a bit!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graz79
With a wife in a new shopping country and two children....i am going to be skint!!

Can't wait!!
No shops on the Ocean Rd really! Narcoorte has a Woolies.... You should save a bit of money there.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Luckily for you Graz there is almost no fashion in SA.god Im gonna miss shopping in decent shops.
There is fashion - just Aussie fashion! To be honest, I saw loads of trendy young girls. After about 30 though, they seem to give up.

Originally Posted by daunted
oh yeah - i forgot about the iceland saga - OK i will try get that bit finished at least

Great!!

oooooooh by the time Tiggs finished giving youjobs you will be begging to go back to work
PMSL. My Oh goes to work for a rest!

Originally Posted by somme

Yes, we want hungover posts please.

Originally Posted by daunted
Hey i will stay in touch Im going before my house has completed so i will still be a WPHS for a bit yet
That's good! We'll miss you when you go.

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i have thought of loads of stuff that i could blog about - but i just dont have time
i will make some notes now to write up later and i am planning on keeping a diary while i am offline so the blog will get done - it will just be a little behind for a bit!
Good idea! You should definately keep notes on your first impressions of Oz, first days etc as something to look back on in a few years.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

:curse:Ellloooo

I AM TOTALLY STRESSED !!! Phil is shouting at me for being stupid so he has now gone off upstairs away from me. We got a letter today from sols asking for a gurantee for our windows that were installed 6 yr ago, havent got one so panicked, also asked about building work planning permission stuff for alterations!! I panicked again!! Phil tells me we dont need them as the things we have done general diy and stuff doesnt count and we could ring window company up for gurantee??

Just wanted it all to go smooth meant to be completing next week rental sorted for the week after. Maybe I am stressing to much I dont know but I cant cope with all of this crap :curse: phil is now saying he cant cope with me being like this Im just worried they are going to find something or say somthing that will cause delays for weeks

HUMPH

A x
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:51 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
:curse:Ellloooo

I AM TOTALLY STRESSED !!! Phil is shouting at me for being stupid so he has now gone off upstairs away from me. We got a letter today from sols asking for a gurantee for our windows that were installed 6 yr ago, havent got one so panicked, also asked about building work planning permission stuff for alterations!! I panicked again!! Phil tells me we dont need them as the things we have done general diy and stuff doesnt count and we could ring window company up for gurantee??

Just wanted it all to go smooth meant to be completing next week rental sorted for the week after. Maybe I am stressing to much I dont know but I cant cope with all of this crap :curse: phil is now saying he cant cope with me being like this Im just worried they are going to find something or say somthing that will cause delays for weeks

HUMPH

A x
i know how you feel - every time i have been asked for something else i have felt panicky but it will all be fine - just breathe and relax!
If the windows were installed after a specific date (i think it was jan 2001? but i cant remember exactly) then the company who put them in were required by law to give you a guarantee - are you sure you just havent filed it away and forgotten about it?
If you cant find it you should be able to contact them and sort out new paperwork.
If you have done work that requires planning permission then you can always sort that retrospectively - it doesnt usually take long.

Just stay calm (i know i am not very good at doing this myself!) and work through one thing at a time

Adele
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amanda.

Tiggs is right about the windows. Just phone up the company and ask if the guarantee is still valid. If it is, get them to send you a copy. (Watch out they may charge for this....)

With regard to Planning. Phone up the council. Ask them if you need PP for what you have done. Lots of things come under 'permitted development'. (For example, extensions up to 10% of the area of the property, velux windows on the back of the house, buildings more than 5m from the house not over 4m high etc) If this is the case, just tell the sol this. If you needed PP, ask the planning dept how to fast track this. Fingers crossed it's OK.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i know how you feel - every time i have been asked for something else i have felt panicky but it will all be fine - just breathe and relax!
If the windows were installed after a specific date (i think it was jan 2001? but i cant remember exactly) then the company who put them in were required by law to give you a guarantee - are you sure you just havent filed it away and forgotten about it?
If you cant find it you should be able to contact them and sort out new paperwork.
If you have done work that requires planning permission then you can always sort that retrospectively - it doesnt usually take long.

Just stay calm (i know i am not very good at doing this myself!) and work through one thing at a time

Adele
Hi Amanda.

Tiggs is right about the windows. Just phone up the company and ask if the guarantee is still valid. If it is, get them to send you a copy. (Watch out they may charge for this....)

With regard to Planning. Phone up the council. Ask them if you need PP for what you have done. Lots of things come under 'permitted development'. (For example, extensions up to 10% of the area of the property, velux windows on the back of the house, buildings more than 5m from the house not over 4m high etc) If this is the case, just tell the sol this. If you needed PP, ask the planning dept how to fast track this. Fingers crossed it's OK.
Thanks guys. Phil says we havent done anything that needs planning permmision and he said some time ago that when windows went it the guy had said we didnt need gurantee as it was before the regulation came in. Fingers crossed they have us on record. Def dont have anything relevant to it. Maybe I was just going off on one. I now feel totally drained and horrible that me and Phil have fought. He isnt speaking to me really so now am sad. I thinks its just becasue we are so close to everything working out I dont want anything to go wrong

A X
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks guys. Phil says we havent done anything that needs planning permmision and he said some time ago that when windows went it the guy had said we didnt need gurantee as it was before the regulation came in. Fingers crossed they have us on record. Def dont have anything relevant to it. Maybe I was just going off on one. I now feel totally drained and horrible that me and Phil have fought. He isnt speaking to me really so now am sad. I thinks its just becasue we are so close to everything working out I dont want anything to go wrong

A X
That's good news!!

Now go and apologise and make up! You are both stressed out and it is easy to let little things worry you. You both need a big cuddle. Go on, you know you want to!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:35 am
sneaking a peek ...

A X
even if you dont need planning permission sometimes you need to comply with building regs - your buyers solicitor will want to check any work done and make sure the right permissions etc are in place. Phil is probably right that you dont need anything but you will still need to prove this. Your solicitor will be able to tell you what you need to provide and who to talk to.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: Whinging Pom House seller

That's good news!!

Now go and apologise and make up! You are both stressed out and it is easy to let little things worry you. You both need a big cuddle. Go on, you know you want to!
Think he would rather cuddle a bulldog at the moment ! Its not that I dont trust what he says Im just a worrier ! I want it all to go well and we have had such a shit few yrs with luck !

Right I am sick of my own worrying now going to boil my head

A X
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:49 am
sneaking a peek ...

Think he would rather cuddle a bulldog at the moment ! Its not that I dont trust what he says Im just a worrier ! I want it all to go well and we have had such a shit few yrs with luck !

A X
seriously i know where you are coming from - i worry about things that i already really know will be ok but until they are proved to be .....
sending hugs (((())))
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A X

Ah sweetheart, I'll send you a big hug instead, ((((((())))))) I know you're worried, it's hard not to. Hopefully the house selling bit of the worry will be over soon. My OH just ignores my worrying now. He doesn't worry about anything which means he can't anticipate any problems. Whereas I am a worrier and try to anticipate every little thing. So put together, we make one normal person.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:04 am
sneaking a peek ...

So put together, we make one normal person.
sounds like a perfect relationship

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.