Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Dec 14th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Hi guys just to let you know we have arrived bought a small car, secured a rental a street back from the beach with a pool and it is great, I can't beleive I was so scared of the move, don't be it is great.

Sat in an internet cafe with a an iced coffee

Will update as soon as I can again next week.

Hope you all have a great Christmas
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Brilliant news Somme Really pleased for you!
Have a fantastic first Christmas in Oz!!
From a very jealous dinky2!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Hi guys just to let you know we have arrived bought a small car, secured a rental a street back from the beach with a pool and it is great, I can't beleive I was so scared of the move, don't be it is great.

Sat in an internet cafe with a an iced coffee

Will update as soon as I can again next week.

Hope you all have a great Christmas
Fantastic to hear from you Somme!!

Sounds like you are very well sorted already! Glad to hear that all the heartache was worth it.

As you relax in your pool in the sunshine, do you think of us back in blighty???

Have a fantastic Christmas and we'll all be out to join you as soon as we can!!
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Popeye01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
ooh dont get me started on estate agents! :curse:
cant wait to see this weeks newspaper advertising after last week - when our house details had the wrong picture and our house photo was on someone elses details!

needless to say we didnt get any viewings with that piece of advertising!
I'm the same, our house was advertised as in a reservation area! what did they think we were Red Indians? I had to march up there and tell the Gawky looking, straight out of short pants, estate agent that it's PRESERVATION DUMMY!!
We have a list as long as your arm regarding their usless ads and poor selling performance.
Fizzing!!:curse:
Old Dec 15th 2007, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Popeye01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daunted
G'day possums!
Does anyone have any experience of this bunch, they just been on the tv and sounds a little too good to be true

http://www.ukhousingalliance.co.uk/
No but the old addage is; if it sounds too good to be true then it proberbly will be!!
Check out something like Martin Lewis money page, you can ask there and you will get it straight from the hip.
Cheers
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Any news?? Anyone here?
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Nothing. Just been on rightmove and our house is a bargain compared to others nearby:curse:. Trying to decide when to change EA, do they have January sales??
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Well still nothing from me. Its at thou house isnt even on market now. I have to keep reminding myself that it is. Cant see anything happening now until begin of Jan, and fingers crossed it will all start moving again....
Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning both,

Originally Posted by dinky2
Nothing. Just been on rightmove and our house is a bargain compared to others nearby:curse:. Trying to decide when to change EA, do they have January sales??
Sickening isn't it? LOL - January sales - excellent idea.

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well still nothing from me. Its at thou house isnt even on market now. I have to keep reminding myself that it is. Cant see anything happening now until begin of Jan, and fingers crossed it will all start moving again....
I know what you mean, not a dickie bird. A house near us that has been up for sale for ages has just been sold. That's the only house I've seen get a sold sign in our area for 3 months.

Fingers crossed, legs crossed, toes crossed that the market starts moving in Jan.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

I know, there are a few up for sale near us, but nothing selling. They have all been on market since middle of the year. Its so hard to know what to do. My OH keeps telling me to relax and it will happen next year.....he says I am far too impatient but i think he is too laid back
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spaceys
I know, there are a few up for sale near us, but nothing selling. They have all been on market since middle of the year. Its so hard to know what to do. My OH keeps telling me to relax and it will happen next year.....he says I am far too impatient but i think he is too laid back
We must have the same OH! We have never had any problems selling a house before - even in recessions, so I am panicking. My OH just says relax and a buyer will come along. We have slowed our visa application down deliberately because we only have a year to get out there after the grant and we don't want to be stuck with a house that won't sell and not be able to go out there and start a new life properly.

Sending some ks for relaxation and good luck!!
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Wonder if any one can give us a few tips?

We took the house off the market in October as our only interested party wasn't having any interest in there's so the took it off the market. Now we have to get one of those sellers packs and I'm not sure what to do. Previous agent was sh1tebut we really need to get a move on as we need to validate by 17/4. I too have an oh that just keeps saying it will be ok - but my stomach is saying otherwise....

What do I need to do for a seller pack??

desperate from leeds
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

All the EA's are doing them for you. We paid up front for ours. Was a bit p***sed off thou as our house is only nearly 5 years old and so for us it seemed a total waste of time and money......But its one of those things that all houses need now whether you 1.2.3 or 4 bedroomed house
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sheli0508
Wonder if any one can give us a few tips?

We took the house off the market in October as our only interested party wasn't having any interest in there's so the took it off the market. Now we have to get one of those sellers packs and I'm not sure what to do. Previous agent was sh1tebut we really need to get a move on as we need to validate by 17/4. I too have an oh that just keeps saying it will be ok - but my stomach is saying otherwise....

What do I need to do for a seller pack??

desperate from leeds
Hi Desperate from Leeds!

You can arrange a HIP with any company you please. You do not have to do it through an EA. You can put your house on the market as soon as you have arranged the HIP, you don't have to wait until it is done. There are lots of companies online, ie

http://www.primelocation.com/hips/info/

(I haven't used this company nor do I know anything about them). Your solicitor and EA will have lists of local firms who do it too. Check out the local free property paper for ads. Some are very expensive, some are reasonable, shop around.

Hope this helps!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Whinging Pom House seller-elderly_swagman.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.