Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Bushman
Didn't get in any trouble at all, just didn't want him to use it against me in the future.

What has been going on? And hows Somme?
Glad that you're not in trouble!

Somme's good. She's sold and has flown out to the Sunshine Coast. She popped in the other day to say she was having a great time and that they would be getting broadband soon, so she'll be back online soon!

Tiggs and Graz and Want2bthere have sold and flown out too. Tiggs is currently driving down the Great Ocean rd. I try not to dwell on this too much as it makes me too envious. Daunted has exchanged and flown out to Perth, (Bunbury). She hasn't been online this week, but I'm sure she was due to complete about now. Gonnago accepted an offer and is waiting for an exchange date. Amanda and Phil have completed and have moved into a UK rental to save up to emmigrate next year.

Me and everyone else are still waiting and waiting and waiting to sell.......................

How are things with you? When does you Gf's course start - have you applied for the visa yet?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Hi Fly, not applied as yet. Our agent said apply about 3-4 months before we go, so sometime in Feb! Tried to put it on the back burner for the last few months as we were getting so excited we were making ourselves ill, hence the lack of contact with you all.

Can't believe nearly all our chums have gone! Lucky sods, out there enjoying all that nice weather whilst we sit here and freeze! Boo!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Glad that you're not in trouble!

Somme's good. She's sold and has flown out to the Sunshine Coast. She popped in the other day to say she was having a great time and that they would be getting broadband soon, so she'll be back online soon!

Tiggs and Graz and Want2bthere have sold and flown out too. Tiggs is currently driving down the Great Ocean rd. I try not to dwell on this too much as it makes me too envious. Daunted has exchanged and flown out to Perth, (Bunbury). She hasn't been online this week, but I'm sure she was due to complete about now. Gonnago accepted an offer and is waiting for an exchange date. Amanda and Phil have completed and have moved into a UK rental to save up to emmigrate next year.

Me and everyone else are still waiting and waiting and waiting to sell.......................

How are things with you? When does you Gf's course start - have you applied for the visa yet?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushman
Hi Fly, not applied as yet. Our agent said apply about 3-4 months before we go, so sometime in Feb! Tried to put it on the back burner for the last few months as we were getting so excited we were making ourselves ill, hence the lack of contact with you all.

Can't believe nearly all our chums have gone! Lucky sods, out there enjoying all that nice weather whilst we sit here and freeze! Boo!
It's sickening isn't it?? If I didn't like them all so much, a girl could get to quite dislike them for being jammy so and sos!

However, we WILL get there! I know what you mean about making yourself ill with excitement. I was like that last march when we started on this merry go round.... now I'm just depressed about it all.

We have a new EA, so if you want, I'll PM you our new details for your expert opinion!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Contracts finally signed on our house today

Mandy
Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Contracts finally signed on our house today

Mandy
WOOHOO!!

Congratulations!! What a great Christmas pressie - when are you completing and when are you flying out??
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:10 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fly Away................I'd like a viewing.......only had one in 8 months!!!!!!
Beth x x
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi Fly Away................I'd like a viewing.......only had one in 8 months!!!!!!
Beth x x
Hi Beth!! You found us.

Poor you. It's not you, it's the housing market around here. As I said on the other thread, ONE house has sold in the whole village we live in, in the last 3 months. We have had a buyer pull out and so has our next door neighbour. (They put theirs on the week after us - thankfully they are very different properties)

We haven't had a viewing for 6 weeks. We've put this down to the Christmas effect but if things don't improve in Jan, we'll reduce the price again. We've also just changed agent and hope this helps too.

Fingers crossed for you and house selling Ks on their way. xxx
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:30 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Beth!! You found us.

Poor you. It's not you, it's the housing market around here. As I said on the other thread, ONE house has sold in the whole village we live in, in the last 3 months. We have had a buyer pull out and so has our next door neighbour. (They put theirs on the week after us - thankfully they are very different properties)

We haven't had a viewing for 6 weeks. We've put this down to the Christmas effect but if things don't improve in Jan, we'll reduce the price again. We've also just changed agent and hope this helps too.

Fingers crossed for you and house selling Ks on their way. xxx
OOooohh thanks for the karma sending some back to you!!!
Nothing over £100k seems to be selling up my way at the mo
Have already changed EA back in October........hoping things will pick up in the New Year now
Beth x x
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
OOooohh thanks for the karma sending some back to you!!!
Nothing over £100k seems to be selling up my way at the mo
Have already changed EA back in October........hoping things will pick up in the New Year now
Beth x x
Thanks back! Hope that it works for us both.

I'm just praying that they reduce the interest rate again and that kicks the first time buyers into action. I was talking to a young couple who are saving up to buy and they said they were waiting to see if the market crashed as that way they could afford more. It makes sense, but if they all think the same way, it is going to be ages before anyone is brave enough to start buying again.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I know i been neglectin this site and especially this thread since we arrived but no internet access at home yet!! BUT can you all please pray, send karma, cross fingers and everything you can think of cos tomorrow my house should be completing! It should have last friday but there was a hold up I REALLY NEEED this to go through ok - i am pretty much down to my last few dollars and credit cards are melting faster than my icecream
Old Dec 19th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Karma sent, fingers crossed! Good luck, hope it's all going well for you over there
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinky2
Karma sent, fingers crossed! Good luck, hope it's all going well for you over there
Thanks Dinky - we are having a ball - been some testing moments but no regrets - am busy sorting an update out
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by daunted
I know i been neglectin this site and especially this thread since we arrived but no internet access at home yet!! BUT can you all please pray, send karma, cross fingers and everything you can think of cos tomorrow my house should be completing! It should have last friday but there was a hold up I REALLY NEEED this to go through ok - i am pretty much down to my last few dollars and credit cards are melting faster than my icecream
Great to hear from you Daunted! I'm sure that it will all pull together at the last moment.

Everything crossed and Ks sent for completion tomorrow!!!

Have a fabulous first Christmas in Oz!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

PHEW!!! It happened I had a phonecall in middle of the night to tell me we had just completed DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! It has been a very very stressful worrying time waiting for it to go through and Im not sure i would recommend it to anyone

BUT thank goodness it has paid off - now just gotta get the money over to Oz

Good luck everyone else and MERRY CHRISTMAS if i dont get on here before xxx
Old Dec 20th 2007, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by daunted
PHEW!!! It happened I had a phonecall in middle of the night to tell me we had just completed DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! It has been a very very stressful worrying time waiting for it to go through and Im not sure i would recommend it to anyone

BUT thank goodness it has paid off - now just gotta get the money over to Oz

Good luck everyone else and MERRY CHRISTMAS if i dont get on here before xxx
WOOHOO!!! CONGRATS!

I bet that's made your Christmas!

I can't imagine how stressed you must have been! I bet if you go into your bank and tell them you have sold your house and will have a significant amount of dosh in a few days, they will be more than happy to let you have a small overdraft for a week or two while the money comes through.

Have a great Christmas and a very happy new year in Oz. Lots of love to Kevin - hope he is more fun than the real thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.