Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 27th 2008, 3:08 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hiya Amanda!!! Long time no speak! Glad to hear that all is well with you. How was the reccie? Tell us all about it. I bet you had a fab time. How exciting to be booking the flights! Good luck to you!!

Fingers and toes crossed. 2nd viewing - YAY!
Thanks flyaway x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 3:09 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Had 2 views on Friday, spoke to EA yesterday and have a 2nd view from 1 of them Tomorrow!!!!!!! Fingers crossed!
Good Luck
Old Apr 27th 2008, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Whinging Pom House seller

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6272497]Hiya Amanda!!! Long time no speak! Glad to hear that all is well with you. How was the reccie? Tell us all about it. I bet you had a fab time. How exciting to be booking the flights! Good luck to you!!

My lord it was fab the weather was totally amazing to got up to 41 one day and I loved it. We had a great look around and have decided to live in Clarkson, its about 25 mins from the city and is close to the trains for me. It has a lovely mariner to with a local pub and restaurants which is what we like.We are going to rent for a year around there at least I think as the housing market is crazy at the mo. It will also help us decide if thats where we want to stay put. Interest rates for mtges were about 8.5% for mtges shiiiiiiiiiiiitttt ! We spent time relaxing by the pool and also doing sad things like checking the prices of stuff in Bunnings warehouse (like B and Q) got lots of papers and stuff to read through here. We have decided to delay our wedding to, thought moving getting a new place to live, new jobs and a wedding in 3 months was to much to cope with so going to get settled first and enjoy it. We are nervous about getting work and Im not sure what Im going to do. Im a mtge advisor here but not going into that over there not a good career ! I need work to pay me about 50k dollars to manage all bills etc Im hoping I win the lotto before tho ! How is it going with you then ?? Any further forward ?

Amanda xx
Old Apr 27th 2008, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Amanda&Phil;6272523]
Hiya Amanda!!! Long time no speak! Glad to hear that all is well with you. How was the reccie? Tell us all about it. I bet you had a fab time. How exciting to be booking the flights! Good luck to you!!

My lord it was fab the weather was totally amazing to got up to 41 one day and I loved it. We had a great look around and have decided to live in Clarkson, its about 25 mins from the city and is close to the trains for me. It has a lovely mariner to with a local pub and restaurants which is what we like.We are going to rent for a year around there at least I think as the housing market is crazy at the mo. It will also help us decide if thats where we want to stay put. Interest rates for mtges were about 8.5% for mtges shiiiiiiiiiiiitttt ! We spent time relaxing by the pool and also doing sad things like checking the prices of stuff in Bunnings warehouse (like B and Q) got lots of papers and stuff to read through here. We have decided to delay our wedding to, thought moving getting a new place to live, new jobs and a wedding in 3 months was to much to cope with so going to get settled first and enjoy it. We are nervous about getting work and Im not sure what Im going to do. Im a mtge advisor here but not going into that over there not a good career ! I need work to pay me about 50k dollars to manage all bills etc Im hoping I win the lotto before tho ! How is it going with you then ?? Any further forward ?

Amanda xx
Sounds amazing. I don't blame you for delaying the wedding - you have plenty of time and you need to get yourselves straight first.

We have had a very low offer on our house which we are trying to better. Not sure what is going to happen, so I need tonnes of good luck this week.

Let's hope we both win the lotto! That would solve a few problems.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do over there either. Surely they need administrators, so I'll start off looking for that sort of job and see how it goes.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Had 2 views on Friday, spoke to EA yesterday and have a 2nd view from 1 of them Tomorrow!!!!!!! Fingers crossed!
Woo hoo good luck hope it goes well x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 6:18 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Afternoon all,

Sorry to hear that Lisa. I hope that he changes his mind later on. It's very hard I know, but if you give him his freedom and leave the door open, he will come back to you when he is ready. Sending you some Ks and a big hug. (((()))

Thanks Flyaway, thats how we feel, he was really crapped on from a great height in his last job and it dented his confidence, he got another job, promotion within 3 months and a new girlfriend, so at the moment everything is going good for him, he needs to do it for himself and prove to himself that he is capable, we are always there and if he needs the airfare at some point its ready.

Hope the house sale is still going through

Lisa
Old Apr 27th 2008, 6:37 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Morning peeps

After a weekend of 2 viewings we are none the wiser as to whether the house will be sold. Had our second one at 6.30 yesterday evening and they were here about half an hour. They were very non commital and OH said it was quite awkward to start with as nobody spoke. He is quiet himself and nobody else said anything either Apparently it got better as they walked around and they were asking some questions. They asked him at the end if we are open to offers They could just be saying that though, will have to wait and see.

So far we have been to Heathrow on Friday and Stanstead Sunday taking and picking up but not going anywhere. The rest of the weekend has been lost in cleaning.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend and there are lots more sales this week.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 27th 2008, 6:51 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Forgot to mention that the fingerprint people came to do DS's car at five to 3, just before our viewers were due at 3pm. Had to get rid of them, how would that have looked to a buyer. Talk about panic.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:54 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi all

EA came to show them round and never heard such a lot of bull come from anybody's mouth in my life. He was trying to explain the planning permission we had and OH was sat open mouthed with what he was saying and had to go and explain it properly.

Thats exactly why I never allow an EA to show people around on their own.
I had loads of problems selling my last place because of the children employed by the EA didnt know what on earth they were talking about!!!
Honestly how can a 20 year old who has never owned a home be qualified to sell a home and answer questions properley, he couldnt even tell one buyer if it was freehold or leasehold when they asked!!!

Hope it goes well for you though and you get an offer soon.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
Thats exactly why I never allow an EA to show people around on their own.
I had loads of problems selling my last place because of the children employed by the EA didnt know what on earth they were talking about!!!
Honestly how can a 20 year old who has never owned a home be qualified to sell a home and answer questions properley, he couldnt even tell one buyer if it was freehold or leasehold when they asked!!!

Hope it goes well for you though and you get an offer soon.
Thanks K-R. Can't cross anything else or won't be able to walk LOL. Our EA isn't a kid but what a total t*****er. How can anyone believe the crap that comes out of their mouths.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Just sitting here waiting for the valuer to come to assess our antique furniture for auction. I can guarantee he will suck the air between his teeth and tell me that what we have is now worth half what we paid for it... no market... blah blah... bloomin sick of this happening with everything we own and have worked for years to pay for.

Also waiting for the phone to ring.... I am sending vibes into the atmosphere to try and make things happen. They seem to be working, some extraordinary stuff has been happening - so I am still good luck whoring. If it all comes together I'll tell you a cracking story!

Nicky, hope that the viewings result in some action - even if the EA is a to55er, he might be able to get some offers! How are you feeling today? A bit better I hope.

Good luck to everyone. I want to see some offers on here!!!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Morning all,

Just sitting here waiting for the valuer to come to assess our antique furniture for auction. I can guarantee he will suck the air between his teeth and tell me that what we have is now worth half what we paid for it... no market... blah blah... bloomin sick of this happening with everything we own and have worked for years to pay for.

Also waiting for the phone to ring.... I am sending vibes into the atmosphere to try and make things happen. They seem to be working, some extraordinary stuff has been happening - so I am still good luck whoring. If it all comes together I'll tell you a cracking story!

Nicky, hope that the viewings result in some action - even if the EA is a to55er, he might be able to get some offers! How are you feeling today? A bit better I hope.

FA put my vibes for you on top - that should make things happen
i've got everything crossed for you!!!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mOZzy
FA put my vibes for you on top - that should make things happen
i've got everything crossed for you!!!
Thanks hun. I need everything you can cross!

How's your sale going? Smoothly I hope!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:48 pm

Morning all,

Well good morning. I do feel better about it all now but the longer it goes on the more you question your motives for moving (well I do anyway). I ache in every bone from all the cleaning but at least today it is tidy.

I am crossing everything for you and don't just give it all away.

Not heard anything yet.

Nicky xxx
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Thanks hun. I need everything you can cross!

How's your sale going? Smoothly I hope!
good to see you a bit more positive lately!
can't wait for the great news

ours? don't ask ...
well, the buyer apparently has paid for all the searches and his mortgage (which went through our common EA) has been approved - we are just waiting for a surveyor to come around. EA says there is a big backlog with them - it's been 15 days!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.