Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

What are your thoughts on insurance for the container, don't know what to insure and what not to
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
slightly barmy as per usual. my boy is driving me potty today. other than that i'm fine.

how are you all?
LOL. Mine is at home and driving me mad too. Am now psyching myself up to tackle the mountain of paperwork.

Only slept 3 hours last night which doesn't help.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
What are your thoughts on insurance for the container, don't know what to insure and what not to
I would insure as much as I could. Guaranteed you won't have to claim if you do. If you don't insure you'll worry for 8 weeks.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:23 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

all of it! just incase the bloody ship sinks! it has happened before and no doubt it will happen again.

another reason is someone had their stuff back to them but it had all been destroyed by water and what not, because of the holes in the container and it was the top one so they had to pay for cleaning as well!

this is one of those thing that you insure to the hilt, just incase. it's a one-off thing but it is better to be safe then sorry.

i cant be bothered to find the thread but it was only a month or so ago.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL. Mine is at home and driving me mad too. Am now psyching myself up to tackle the mountain of paperwork.

Only slept 3 hours last night which doesn't help.
ooh. you as well?

i kept waking up every hour! think i'm stressing about Dan starting school in Jan.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

anyone got a bucket? feel sick this time next week we will be up up and away
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by daunted
YAY! good luck. is it all starting to hit home now?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Just nerves, you know you will be fine
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ooh. you as well?

i kept waking up every hour! think i'm stressing about Dan starting school in Jan.
Not in any particular order I'm stressing about;
Work - someone else has made a mess which I'm trying to sort out before it costs me a fortune.
Visa - Not sure whether to book meds / PCCs or not.
DD - Hurt leg see above.
Selling house as per bloomin usual.

I can't sleep until I have a solution to a problem. Drives me mad.

On second thoughts, you shouldn't read the thread above if you're worried about your little one starting school.................. When are you planning to move out to Oz? Can you delay starting until then if he isn't ready? Some ed authorities are flexible. Will it be nursery or reception? Nursery isn't compulsory.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

YAY! good luck. is it all starting to hit home now?

Yeah i reckon it has!! i still cant stop grinning and am so excited by it BUT feel really sick this morning - would feel better if we manage to exchange contracts on house before we go but looking a bit doubtful!
Just nerves, you know you will be fine
Thanks somme - yeah you are right and i know we will be fine, just wish these damned elephants would sit still!!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Daunted,

It's getting close now!! No wonder you're nervous. What have you got left to do?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:35 am

Not in any particular order I'm stressing about;
Work - someone else has made a mess which I'm trying to sort out before it costs me a fortune.
Visa - Not sure whether to book meds / PCCs or not.
DD - Hurt leg see above.
Selling house as per bloomin usual.

I can't sleep until I have a solution to a problem. Drives me mad.

On second thoughts, you shouldn't read the thread above if you're worried about your little one starting school.................. When are you planning to move out to Oz? Can you delay starting until then if he isn't ready? Some ed authorities are flexible. Will it be nursery or reception? Nursery isn't compulsory.

reception. i just cant understand why they start some in sept and some in jan, it's daft! they all end up starting the next year at the same time anyway! no chance of delaying it and we wont be going 'till at least this time next year! too much to do in the house.

that and the fact they are ALL snobby little gits(the parents - although the kids are not that far behind!) at the kids school and not an ounce of common sense between them.

daniel is erm...very strong minded, very energetic and hates sitting still, writing and reading! i'm gonna have a great time with the teacher this year arn't i?!

Last edited by Sheff_Sparky; Nov 19th 2007 at 1:38 am.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Daunted,

It's getting close now!! No wonder you're nervous. What have you got left to do?
Left to do? well i have to read the gas and electric meter when we go out the door on Sunday night - apart from that we are sorted bar the final bits of packing I started planning and organising ages ago which is now paying off cos i am ready to go (wheres the halo smilie?)
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:39 am

Left to do? well i have to read the gas and electric meter when we go out the door on Sunday night - apart from that we are sorted bar the final bits of packing I started planning and organising ages ago which is now paying off cos i am ready to go (wheres the halo smilie?)
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

does it suit me???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.