Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:10 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, I think my OH may have a few words for me....

EA just phoned to say the 2 developers weren't interested. But the one who came a few weeks back is, but can't proceed for another 3 months....

So I asked her advice and she said a significant reduction and offersover would be the way to go. So I reduced the price by..... £100K yes one hundred thousand pounds... I feel sick. It is offers over and that was the auction reserve price, so haven't lost anything really, but it is real money we put in as deposit and work we have done to the house. (We only bought 3 years ago for more than it is on the market for now...)

I also reduced the flat by another £10k and she is going to advertise it as bargain of the week, must be sold etc....

F word, I feel sick, £110K in one phone call, that would buy a house in Adelaide....
Its shocking N ....

as you say , its a freaking lot of money in AUDs
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:26 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Just wanted to say goodbye guys, hope you all get good news soon. Am thinking of you all. I can honestly say that getting the visa was the easy bit, (even having filled out all of the paperwork ourselves)...this house lark is just beyond anything I had expected.

We're signing the paperwork our end Friday, as our buyer's paperwork has come back, so everything crossed it completes in the next couple of weeks.

Am not convinved that the buyer isn't going to do a mass drop, but that is another story...I am prepared for anything...

Take care guys xxxxx
Hi SW,

I agree. The visa process was a piece of pi** compared to house selling.

Good luck with everything and I hope you enjoy Adelaide.

EA just phoned to say the 2 developers weren't interested. But the one who came a few weeks back is, but can't proceed for another 3 months....

So I asked her advice and she said a significant reduction and offersover would be the way to go. So I reduced the price by..... £100K yes one hundred thousand pounds... I feel sick. It is offers over and that was the auction reserve price, so haven't lost anything really, but it is real money we put in as deposit and work we have done to the house. (We only bought 3 years ago for more than it is on the market for now...)

I also reduced the flat by another £10k and she is going to advertise it as bargain of the week, must be sold etc....

F word, I feel sick, £110K in one phone call, that would buy a house in Adelaide....
Blimey. Don't know what else to say. That's an awful lot of money in one phone call.

Get yourself a nice bottle of wine and drink the lot. I think you deserve it.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:33 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Nic, I really feel for you. It was hard dropping 50k but 100k is just unbearable. That could be a nice boat! Did she not go for the open house idea? Does she think it will now sell easily.

Wish I was buying rather than selling, what a lot of bargains around. Sad for us lot though.

You had better be inundated and have a price war now.

Lots of hugs for you and duck when the OH walks in.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
OMG I'm was going to Adelaide too changed my mind now your going ::

What part of Adelaide was you looking to settle?

Good luck SW x
Not sure - we did a reccie last year and liked a lot of places. All down to schools really, when we find one we like we'll rent in that area and maybe buy - although we're going to wait for a price crash and be a buyer with power! Have you got any fixed ideas??

FFS I cant believe that! I'm lost for words that don't happen often::
It's sickening - even more sickening when you think it was valued at £195K more this time last year and we had an offer for 65K more than it is on for now...

Originally Posted by Icarus
Its shocking N ....

as you say , its a freaking lot of money in AUDs
I can't think of it as real money, just the price of a house and if prices are going down in Aus, then it doesn't matter we cut £50K off our price to sell last time, but bought this for £75K under price, so just hope we can do the same over there... We need to invest in a business too - so just need available capital and a safety net in case we are without an income for a while. Neither of which we will have if we have to rent out. Plus our mortgages on the 3 properties add up to £3.5K pcm. Ozzie pay won't cover that...

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hi SW,

I agree. The visa process was a piece of pi** compared to house selling.

Yes, the visa is much easier and less stressful!

Blimey. Don't know what else to say. That's an awful lot of money in one phone call.

Get yourself a nice bottle of wine and drink the lot. I think you deserve it.::
Can't even have a drink as I'm driving early tomorrow...

Originally Posted by nickywes
Oh Nic, I really feel for you. It was hard dropping 50k but 100k is just unbearable. That could be a nice boat! Did she not go for the open house idea? Does she think it will now sell easily.

Wish I was buying rather than selling, what a lot of bargains around. Sad for us lot though.

You had better be inundated and have a price war now.

Lots of hugs for you and duck when the OH walks in.

Nicky xx
Thanks hun. The EA said she would organise an open house if she gets a lot of interest in one go - otherwise we might just get one or two people. When she has a list of people she will try and get them in together so they think the house is really popular..

Just told OH - I phrased it so that we don't have to take a low offer if we don't want to. So he is OK(ish) A bit pale though....

I bloomin hope we have a price war. If not, we will give up and rent and really try and sell the other two to reduce costs and increase cash to take.

You didn't believe that I was a woman on a mission did you? One woman force of nature.

I hope we can both make up these drops in Aus when the prices come down there. I sure as hell am not going to buy until they do!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:51 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Have just looked into renting house out, which we will do if not sold by August, and they reckon we could get £2,500 per month wowee! Don't want to go this route but we could at least go to Oz and get started and be able to cover mortgage and stuff. Who would want to pay that amount to rent a house?

My youngest daughter is going on the 25th and I have started worrying about it already. I am going to take her to Heathrow to say goodbye.
Not looking forward to it already.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Not sure - we did a reccie last year and liked a lot of places. All down to schools really, when we find one we like we'll rent in that area and maybe buy - although we're going to wait for a price crash and be a buyer with power! Have you got any fixed ideas??

It's sickening - even more sickening when you think it was valued at £195K more this time last year and we had an offer for 65K more than it is on for now...

I can't think of it as real money, just the price of a house and if prices are going down in Aus, then it doesn't matter we cut £50K off our price to sell last time, but bought this for £75K under price, so just hope we can do the same over there... We need to invest in a business too - so just need available capital and a safety net in case we are without an income for a while. Neither of which we will have if we have to rent out. Plus our mortgages on the 3 properties add up to £3.5K pcm. Ozzie pay won't cover that...

Can't even have a drink as I'm driving early tomorrow...

Thanks hun. The EA said she would organise an open house if she gets a lot of interest in one go - otherwise we might just get one or two people. When she has a list of people she will try and get them in together so they think the house is really popular..

Just told OH - I phrased it so that we don't have to take a low offer if we don't want to. So he is OK(ish) A bit pale though....

I bloomin hope we have a price war. If not, we will give up and rent and really try and sell the other two to reduce costs and increase cash to take.

You didn't believe that I was a woman on a mission did you? One woman force of nature.

I hope we can both make up these drops in Aus when the prices come down there. I sure as hell am not going to buy until they do!
Going to stay with friends in Wynn Vale at 1st but like you will rent where there is work and good school.

Can you not re morg house for a lump sum and rent it out? No its not the best idea but god to take that drop is hard to swallow.

Did the EA go for the open house idea?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Going to stay with friends in Wynn Vale at 1st but like you will rent where there is work and good school.

Can you not re morg house for a lump sum and rent it out? No its not the best idea but god to take that drop is hard to swallow.

Did the EA go for the open house idea?
Can't get any more money out of the house as we have sold our source of income...... OH on a contract until July and then we are both unemployed!! Rent wouldn't cover the existing mortgage, so we would be making a short fall every month. Could only do this for a year really. Don't think the market is going to improve, so want shut now.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Fly Away,

You are in my thoughts, you must be going through hell. I have no doubt whatsoever that you will be out in Adelaide very soon, but the drops you are doing must be incredibly hard.

Crazy.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Have just looked into renting house out, which we will do if not sold by August, and they reckon we could get £2,500 per month wowee! Don't want to go this route but we could at least go to Oz and get started and be able to cover mortgage and stuff. Who would want to pay that amount to rent a house?

My youngest daughter is going on the 25th and I have started worrying about it already. I am going to take her to Heathrow to say goodbye.
Not looking forward to it already.
Sounds like you have covered which is fab.

Is your daughter going out on her own?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

FA you ARE on a mission!! you always stay so positive - wow!!!
but i am with you on that one: we also want to sell - whatever it takes!
and start afraish on the other side

we even tend on not taking much with us - just personal things!
for the 4K we'd spend on shipping we ought to get lots to fill a house

thinking of you!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away,

You are in my thoughts, you must be going through hell. I have no doubt whatsoever that you will be out in Adelaide very soon, but the drops you are doing must be incredibly hard.

Crazy.
Thanks SW. It is crazy. Just hoping we get a bidding war going. If we can't sell it at such a cheap price, then it is never going to sell in this climate. So we have to make other plans. Just need to get on with it really.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:06 am

Sounds like you have covered which is fab.

Is your daughter going out on her own?
At least we know we can do it but it is not what we want because we won't have an income when we move over initially as we don't quite know what to do yet. OH wanted to buy land and either sell as blocks or build and sell but without the money to get started it would be hard. Definitely don't want any loans or anything In fact don't think I ever want to buy again but may change my mind.

Daughter going with boyfriend both as PR's. They were Augustees but early on so got their visa before it suddenly stopped. They are having 3 weeks in Thailand, 1 week in Singapore and then flying to Perth, buying a camper van and travel all round doing nothing. They saved lots of money so as to travel a bit and hopefully will meet up with us when/if we get there.

Thanks SW. It is crazy. Just hoping we get a bidding war going. If we can't sell it at such a cheap price, then it is never going to sell in this climate. So we have to make other plans. Just need to get on with it really.
I wonder if any of your old viewers will come back now with the reduction.
Just had a look on that property snake at our house and it shows a reduction already. Lots of them in this area too.

Keep your chin up and think of how great it will be and how much more you will appreciate it when you get there.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Not about tonight just wanted to pop on and say my heart is absolutely breaking for you Nic.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Not about tonight just wanted to pop on and say my heart is absolutely breaking for you Nic.
Hey Hayles

Did you get your visa, heard they were moving again.

Nicky
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

thinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant future

Maybe somebody doing the following:

although we're going to wait for a price crash and be a buyer with power!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.