Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:13 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Evening all

Happy anniversary Fly, have a good evening. Mine in a couple of weeks, only 4 years of bliss but living together 18 years. Got married in Vegas in the middle of the desert, brilliant.

Good luck to all with viewers this weekend. We don't have any as usual. Hasn't even been in the paper the last two weeks, in fact our EA hasn't advertised at all. Me wonders if he doesn't have the money to advertise due to lack of sales??? I am not going to clean anything all weekend and see if that helps.

Beautiful house Off2Oz, bet you can't wait to get there now.

Good luck Mozzy and SteveandTina with viewing tomorrow.

Nicky xx
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Coo-ee, tis me... back in from my night out and a little tiddly...

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

I am feeling hopeful for tomorrow, the EA said that they were "very keen". So fingers crossed.

Sounds really promising. Fingers crossed. xxx

Yup, pretty much sums up the way I feel about it. There's not much hair left. Kids have already nominated their bedrooms and chosen their colours.

I try not to look at it very often as it makes me mad that I'm not there.
It would make me mad too.... When we accepted an offer on this house back in June last year, we were going to buy a house in Adelaide for cash and go out on a holiday visa.... Makes me mad now when I think that these people just pulled out and left us in the lurch. Thankfully we were going to wait until the money is in the bank... can't imagine the mess if we hadn't waited.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Evening all

Happy anniversary Fly, have a good evening. Mine in a couple of weeks, only 4 years of bliss but living together 18 years. Got married in Vegas in the middle of the desert, brilliant.

LOL, you've done the opposite to us, married 18 years, lived together 5. Funny how we all got married in Spring....

Good luck to all with viewers this weekend. We don't have any as usual. Hasn't even been in the paper the last two weeks, in fact our EA hasn't advertised at all. Me wonders if he doesn't have the money to advertise due to lack of sales??? I am not going to clean anything all weekend and see if that helps.

Nicky xx

Evening Nicky, could be the EA is going under... SO annoying when you want the house sold and the commission would keep them going anyhow. When's your good looking man coming for his second viewing?? That must be good news!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:15 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away

It would make me mad too.... When we accepted an offer on this house back in June last year, we were going to buy a house in Adelaide for cash and go out on a holiday visa.... Makes me mad now when I think that these people just pulled out and left us in the lurch. Thankfully we were going to wait until the money is in the bank... can't imagine the mess if we hadn't waited.

Evening Nicky, could be the EA is going under... SO annoying when you want the house sold and the commission would keep them going anyhow. When's your good looking man coming for his second viewing?? That must be good news!
Hi FA sounds like a good evening. We went to the Indian and Paul had two pints and has been asleep on the settee since we got in. I must be very exciting!!
Hunky viewer coming back on Weds with wifey. Hope he buys it but don't really have a good feeling as he has raised concerns about the garden already. You never know though.
I would like to be on a plane right now and don't really care where to.

Just been looking at renting out long term, should be able to stay solvent and maybe earn a little out of it too if needs be. If not sold by Paul's check up/scan in Aug orearly Sept then think we will do that.

We could always fly back together to sell them in a couple of years.

Nic xx
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:15 pm

Hi FA sounds like a good evening. We went to the Indian and Paul had two pints and has been asleep on the settee since we got in. I must be very exciting!!
Hunky viewer coming back on Weds with wifey. Hope he buys it but don't really have a good feeling as he has raised concerns about the garden already. You never know though.

Just been looking at renting out long term, should be able to stay solvent and maybe earn a little out of it too if needs be. If not sold by Paul's check up/scan in Aug orearly Sept then think we will do that.

Nic xx
Mind you not from Heathrow terminal 5!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Nic xx
LOL, he sounds just like my OH. Although we went to the local pub for a meal and he drove, so he didn't drink and is still awake!!

Fingers crossed for the hunky viewer - why does he need a big garden? Has he got lots of young kids?? Can you point out that yours is low maintenance? (Our EA says that about ours and we have a gardener come in every two weeks as it needs so much work.)

We would only break even at best on our house - plus we have a great deal of capital tied up in it. So renting isn't a great option for us. BUT we would do it if needs be. Especially if it gave us, (me) time to get planning permission granted to develop the plot and sell it as a development when the market picks up. We will try and sell until about July, after then the market is dead really... in the mean time we will prepare to rent.. sigh.

I can see us both coming back for years....

Mind you not from Heathrow terminal 5!!
No, not to there!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:40 pm

LOL, he sounds just like my OH. Although we went to the local pub for a meal and he drove, so he didn't drink and is still awake!!

Fingers crossed for the hunky viewer - why does he need a big garden? Has he got lots of young kids?? Can you point out that yours is low maintenance? (Our EA says that about ours and we have a gardener come in every two weeks as it needs so much work.)

We would only break even at best on our house - plus we have a great deal of capital tied up in it. So renting isn't a great option for us. BUT we would do it if needs be. Especially if it gave us, (me) time to get planning permission granted to develop the plot and sell it as a development when the market picks up. We will try and sell until about July, after then the market is dead really... in the mean time we will prepare to rent.. sigh.

I can see us both coming back for years....

No, not to there!!
Think he has a couple of small kids. Garden is not huge but big enough for big trampoline and whatever else that we had there plus you walk through back gate through to a 3 acre park with swings etc. so don't really see the problem. There will always be something though.

We really don't want to rent because also have lots of equity in it and wanted to take it with us, doing it the other way would limit what we do when we get there and how much time off deciding our future. We would still have to buy cars and general stuff but could do it if we have to.

Any more viewers or interest for you?

Nic xx
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Think he has a couple of small kids. Garden is not huge but big enough for big trampoline and whatever else that we had there plus you walk through back gate through to a 3 acre park with swings etc. so don't really see the problem. There will always be something though.

We really don't want to rent because also have lots of equity in it and wanted to take it with us, doing it the other way would limit what we do when we get there and how much time off deciding our future. We would still have to buy cars and general stuff but could do it if we have to.

Any more viewers or interest for you?

Nic xx
You're right, there is always something... we lost a cash buyer as he wanted a house for his son and he decided on a house in his village which in his own words wasn't a patch on this one, but was closer. Sometimes you can't win.... Hopefully he will love the house so much he can compromise on the garden. (Which hardly looks small anyway...)

The equity is a killer, we wanted to buy a business with ours, but obviously can't if we rent. Although we are looking at remortgaging to release some equity. If the other two properties would sell, it wouldn't be a problem - might drop their prices...

I sometimes feel like the Uk doesn't want to let go of us.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Very true
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:19 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all

Nicky xx
Thanks Nicky, yes, can't wait.

Mmmm, sounds a bit worrying, may time to change EAs? Good idea, don't clean - you're bound to have viewer then.

Was your night out good? I had a night in and am feeling a bit tiddly too. I was starting to fall asleep until dd came downstairs to tell me she has a cough and needs some Calpol.

Oh well, that's my weekend off to a good start.

Do you think all the families are in cahoots with one another and thus starting the housing market downfall. I wouldn't put it past my lot anyway.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:02 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

How are you H - haven't seen you on the WPHS for a while. Are you thinking of selling up in QLD?
Things are good. I still follow the thread every day, I just haven't had much to say .

We're still thinking of going back to Canada in about 2 years time. The move was never really considered a permanent move, because we love Canada and always figured we'd be back. Mostly we though we'd come for about 3 years or so and see what happens. We love it here though so we want to be able to return back whenever we want. In all honesty I'd love to stay forever but my husband is still attached to the cold winters in Canada . Plus our family is there and the kids are little so we would like to be around them more.

But who knows, I think we're destined to wander around a lot. I'd happily live in either country though.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Helloooo! Did I miss something Fly - anniversary? Well congrats on that hope you had a great night!! (wink wink!!)
Just got back from a week in Anglesea and without wanting to upset any of our Welsh cousins I have to say ......well lets just put it that it wasn't the most exciting place I have ever visited!!!! Bloody freezing too which I hate ( wrong place to go then I guess!!!)
Still off to Oz in 8 weeks can't wait! No news on house - have just taken a load of new pics to email to EA as they don't seem to be arsed to bloody well sell the thing:curse:
Oh well all for now....be on later
Ta ta!
Dtp
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:31 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all, good luck everyone with planned viewings for today. My fingers are crossed!!

And happy 18th anniversary to you FW!

The sun is out over here, so I wish us all a great day!! Have fun guys

Miranda
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:32 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Helloooo! Did I miss something Fly - anniversary? Well congrats on that hope you had a great night!! (wink wink!!)
Just got back from a week in Anglesea and without wanting to upset any of our Welsh cousins I have to say ......well lets just put it that it wasn't the most exciting place I have ever visited!!!! Bloody freezing too which I hate ( wrong place to go then I guess!!!)
Still off to Oz in 8 weeks can't wait! No news on house - have just taken a load of new pics to email to EA as they don't seem to be arsed to bloody well sell the thing:curse:
Oh well all for now....be on later
Ta ta!
Dtp
Fingers crossed for you selling your house before the 8 weeks are over!!
Good luck Dan!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:52 am

Morning all, thought I would just wish extra special good luck to those with viewers today. Sun is shinging so everything looks so much better too.

Nicky xx
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tum
Fingers crossed for you selling your house before the 8 weeks are over!!
Good luck Dan!!
Thanks for that! Its just a 3 week holiday though but it would be nice to sell before hand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.