Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:42 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gonnago
I remember you being on Aug. there has been very little progress in there for about 5 weeks now. only 1 grant and 1 Co allocated, and a few full acks.
Oh my god that is awful, what are they doing. Will you up and off asap after visa granted.

That OCD is quite serious isn't it. Does it affect his life badlyor can he control it a bit. I watched a programme about it once and the poor people that had it were having their lives ruined. One woman could not throw anything away and her house was mounding up.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

ouch, it seems like stress everywhere
karma is going around

we just had a guy around from our EA - a 'senior valuer'
basically he told us that we should drop by 25K to get the viewers interested and inside our house for once - THEN if lots and lots of them turn up we still can play them against each other
we sort of knew something like would happen and are more or less prepared for it and will do just that!

like hayles we are august applicants with everything front loaded but we still haven't got a CO
so we rather fly out as soon as the visa comes through and be rid of the house!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Just had off on house but I'm all at 6's and 7's.

The offer is from our 1st buyer, she has a new buyer now but has offered her £30k less (on hers) and now she wants us to go lower. her 1st off was so cheeky I ask if she wanted it gift wrapped for that!!! Now have new offer from her but means dropping £15k had already dropped £10k for her the 1st time. God just don't know what to do, she's already had a survey done (from 1st time round) and won't need a morg.

My house is the cheapest of its type and is all done to moved right into. She's getting a right bargain

hate this house selling lark:curse:
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Fly - apparently our meds were being assessed on Thursday so no idea if they are finalised yet, may email again end of the week.
Fingers crossed for you - at least you know they got there safely. I can't understand why Augustees are being left like this. 2 November applicants got their visas this week.. You'd think they'd really get stuck into the backlog first. I hope once the meds clear, the file will just be picked up and your visa granted.

Sending you visa Ks.

[
Originally Posted by mOZzy
ouch, it seems like stress everywhere
karma is going around

Thanks for the Ks - I wish they would magically make everything OK.

we just had a guy around from our EA - a 'senior valuer'
basically he told us that we should drop by 25K to get the viewers interested and inside our house for once - THEN if lots and lots of them turn up we still can play them against each other ::
we sort of knew something like would happen and are more or less prepared for it and will do just that!

We were thinking along the same lines - price really low and collect offers and then try and push them up... Not sure if it would work though...

like hayles we are august applicants with everything front loaded but we still haven't got a CO
so we rather fly out as soon as the visa comes through and be rid of the house!!!!
Originally Posted by steveandtina
Just had off on house but I'm all at 6's and 7's.

The offer is from our 1st buyer, she has a new buyer now but has offered her £30k less (on hers) and now she wants us to go lower. her 1st off was so cheeky I ask if she wanted it gift wrapped for that!!! Now have new offer from her but means dropping £15k had already dropped £10k for her the 1st time. God just don't know what to do, she's already had a survey done (from 1st time round) and won't need a morg.

My house is the cheapest of its type and is all done to moved right into. She's getting a right bargain:

hate this house selling lark:
That's a hard one. Why don't you get the EA to tell the Mother in the back garden viewer that you've had an offer and ask if they would like to make one before you accept. Tell the offer people that you are thinking about it as it is really low. If you don't get an offer from the garden people, accept the low offer BUT put all the conditions you want - ie when you exchange, that you want a non returnable deposit, that if they try and push you down that you will put the house back on the market etc...

Fingers crossed for you!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:18 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Haven't been on for a bit as this house selling business has been doing my head in.

We had a weekend that was just us and the kids - it was fab. Yesterday waking up to 3 inches of snow was fantastic for the kids (and us, we love the snow).

We played out in it for a good few hours and then it started to melt. But we built two huge snowmen (well, a snow princess and a snow dragon).

So I feel a bit more refreshed and ready to face the house selling cr*p again.

We had another EA round today and we are going multi-agency. Both EAs are happy to accept the same fee. So fingers crossed we might see some movement.

Good luck for everyone this week.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:25 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Hi Wardy2

We are the same as you, we have a buyer and r waiting for the surveyor to come out ( 3 weeks ago our buyer payed for it), I did not realise there was a back log, can I know where you found this information out from please?
EA r going to chase the buyers surveyors up for me today so will hopefully have a date soon.
Good luck and I hope it all works out for you
emma
Hi emma

It was the EA who told me that.

However, on talking to a friend of mine who has their own mortgage company it seems that things aren't quite as the EA told me.

I am not sure if I was told that them thinking i dont understand the process.

it appears that surveyors are desperate for work and can get out within the week.

It maybe that my problems are with the bank who could be checking all the details of bank statements and pay slips before allowing the surveyor to come out this seems to be where the back log is happening especially with abbey national and Bank of scotland.

Our buyers have filled all the paper work in over 10 days ago so still waiting.

My friend with the mortgage company is herself buying property for business purposes she asked for a full structural survey on the wednesday and they were out by Friday.

kaye
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hello all,

Haven't been on for a bit as this house selling business has been doing my head in.

We had a weekend that was just us and the kids - it was fab. Yesterday waking up to 3 inches of snow was fantastic for the kids (and us, we love the snow).

We played out in it for a good few hours and then it started to melt. But we built two huge snowmen (well, a snow princess and a snow dragon).

So I feel a bit more refreshed and ready to face the house selling cr*p again.

We had another EA round today and we are going multi-agency. Both EAs are happy to accept the same fee. So fingers crossed we might see some movement.

Good luck for everyone this week.
Hi Janine - I know what you mean about it doing your head in. I am going out of mine. If nothing happens tomorrow, I might just implode.

Good idea to go away - we went to the beach on Saturday - lovely sunny day in Pembroke.

Let's hope something starts to move in the housing market really soon.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nickywes
Oh my god that is awful, what are they doing. Will you up and off asap after visa granted. god only knows what they are doing, there is lots of speculation which adds to the stress but I think (hope) it is just the sheer volume of applications that is causing the delay. Watching the August timeline they were getting closer and closer and then just stopped!!

That OCD is quite serious isn't it. Does it affect his life badlyor can he control it a bit. I watched a programme about it once and the poor people that had it were having their lives ruined. One woman could not throw anything away and her house was mounding up.
He doesnt have it to that extreme thank goodness, most people wouldnt really notice it, but it can be stressful sometimes, when he asks me what I spent £3 on or when I spend all day cleaning and he comes in and does it again...so now I have given up and spend day on here instead
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Janine - I know what you mean about it doing your head in. I am going out of mine. If nothing happens tomorrow, I might just implode.

Good idea to go away - we went to the beach on Saturday - lovely sunny day in Pembroke.

Let's hope something starts to move in the housing market really soon.
Karma sent Fly, you poor thing.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hiya all!
Well the unthinkable has happened.......................we have a viewing on Wed at 10!!!!!!
Thats right..... A VIEWING!!!!! Yippeeeeeee It comes to something when you get this excited about one poxy viewer but thats the state of it!!! First one in gotta be 2 months.....
Mind you this happened after a 2nd stinky email from us to EA so I'm not saying it is but could it all be fake???
Hope everyone is ok in Sad Old House Selling Land
Dtp
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He doesnt have it to that extreme thank goodness, most people wouldnt really notice it, but it can be stressful sometimes, when he asks me what I spent £3 on or when I spend all day cleaning and he comes in and does it again...so now I have given up and spend day on here instead
Ah bless him - at least his obsession isn't harmful. Has he been treated? There are some good cognitive therpists around who can really help. At least he has a wife who understands too - if you didn't it would be a nightmare. I wish you could just send my OH some of his OCD, so mine would start cleaning and yours would slow down.

You must never let him to our house in Adelaide without warning - as we tend to live in chaos!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hiya all!
Well the unthinkable has happened.......................we have a viewing on Wed at 10!!!!!!
Thats right..... A VIEWING!!!!! Yippeeeeeee It comes to something when you get this excited about one poxy viewer but thats the state of it!!! First one in gotta be 2 months.....
Mind you this happened after a 2nd stinky email from us to EA so I'm not saying it is but could it all be fake???
Dtp
Good luck, hope the viewer is the real deal
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:14 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all , good luck DTP .

our "tourists" on friday turned out ... suprise suprise to be a pair of to**ers
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Good luck, hope the viewer is the real deal
Thanks! Me too...
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hiya all!
Dtp
fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.