Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:50 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That might do the trick, but don't mention the shaggy rug!
< eyes widdening ...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:59 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
i sure will , i've waxed my bits & my Mankini is ready to be ironed
Excellent. Is it a lime green one as well.

Lovely house - with obviously no side access.... I am mad for you.:curse::curse: All that cleaning....

NOOOO, of course some people wouldn't dream of driving out to look at a property before booking a viewing... or even reading the description...are you mad???
That's what gets my goat FA. When we've looked in the past, we would always look at the property before booking a viewing etc.

And the fact that she spent about an hour here, just wasting my time. Oh well, I'm over it now.

should i offer her a Guinness ?
Can or bottle?

ROFLMAO.

< eyes widdening ...
Quite.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Or the baby oil......
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:02 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

Can or bottle?

Can , so it gets a good head
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:03 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Or the baby oil......

am bit nervous , i need to get up early to get in the "zone"
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I can just imagine him in it....

That's what gets my goat FA. When we've looked in the past, we would always look at the property before booking a viewing etc.

And the fact that she spent about an hour here, just wasting my time. Oh well, I'm over it now.

I know, we always go and do a drive by before viewing, (unless we already know the house of course..) Some people just don't bother.:curse: Despite all this, she may still come back and make an offer if she can't find a nicer one with side access. Don't know the layout of your house, but would it be possible to put a door at the end of your garage so you could get access to the garden that way?

You old charmer you, you'll be fine.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:27 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Or the baby oil......
To help the mankini on.

Good, shake it up good and proper before you give it to her.

Do mental exercises in front of the mirror. "I will sell this house, coz I'm da man". You know, that sort of thing.

FA, the garage does have a door on it which leads directly to the kitchen which in turn leads to the back door. It's not as if she would have to walk through the main of the house. I think that sometimes people pick things that you can do nothing about so it makes it easier for them.

I didn't like her anyway.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To help the mankini on.

EEEEEK TMI!

Good, shake it up good and proper before you give it to her.

PMSL - I don't think that's quite the effect he is after....

Do mental exercises in front of the mirror. "I will sell this house, coz I'm da man". You know, that sort of thing.

FA, the garage does have a door on it which leads directly to the kitchen which in turn leads to the back door. It's not as if she would have to walk through the main of the house. I think that sometimes people pick things that you can do nothing about so it makes it easier for them.

I didn't like her anyway.
That's the spirit - obviously she was a silly woman.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:24 pm
aka bunja

That's the spirit - obviously she was a silly woman.
Yep, totally.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sheli0508
We've got a 2nd viewing on thursday.......... yikes.... not holding out too much hope as they are viewing another house before ours.... but at least they've got a buyer......
All the best with that...am keeping everything crossed for you.
[
QUOTE=tum;6114118]The new EA has just taken the new pics, luckily PFEW without snow! , he will be putting up the sign tomorrow or Friday, which is so quick I just was flabagasted, just like last time he was spot on with arriving, so that sounds promising too, let the buyers come....for all of our sakes !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Keeping everything crossed...no snow...

Originally Posted by suart
Well just thought id update you all.
Sell has new mortgage in place going to sign the rest of the forms today, they have payed for the surveyor and we will find out later on when they will be coming. Now going to fill in all my legal stuff and get that back to the solicitors today.

Just one question as I cannot not remember what do the surveyor do when they come out and where do they look?
When we had the surveyor/valuer booked, we asked the EA which one they were having, they said they couldn't tell us. Our carpet had been lifted in the lounge (hadn't put it back properly ) but as to anything else, I have nooooo idea.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
It depends on what survey they have gone for - if it is just a basic they will have anose around, for structural probs, have a nosey up in the loft (just peek head up), think mine checked windows and measured doors too, really basic stuff.

yay good luck, 2nd viewings are very positive.

Hope you butt gets better soon Beth :
Hi Gonnago, how are you doing?

Well, I had some feedback from the EA regards my viewer last night. Despite the fact that she was round here for about an hour, seeing where her furniture could go etc, etc. She says it's not for her as it doesn't have side access. :

You can see that from the &*(^ing picture that's on the website, on Rightmove, on the details etc. I mean for goodness sake.

This is the link to my house, tell me if you cannot see that there is no side access. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=1&tr_t=buy.

Mine's the one with the fabulous shingle drive.
:curse: . Twits, some people. We had the same with some of our viewers...all the details are there on RM, staring them in the face and still they turned up, ooooooooh, really wanted...Guess it was the EA trying to get numbers round but even so, it narked me right off (as you can prob remember on here!)

well its a big clean up here as i got newspaper lady here in the morning as the EA put ours forward for "property of the week" , hopefully it will bring in a few "tourists" as i now call them
Everything crossed Icarus.

Hi Flyaway, how are you? What's going on with the corporate renting?
Beth, what's wrong with your bummy? Hope it clears up soon whatever it is. How are you doing?

How is everyone?

Well, have been flitting in and out of here, so apologizes if I missed anyone.

OK, update with us...well, things are getting there...the house prob won't complete before we go cause of the searches, apparently they are still going through. Went today to see solicitors today, they said we have a note on our file saying that we are off to Aus in three weeks. Will have to presign the paperwork before we go, fingers crossed it does all go through. (Touching wood constantly.)

Second car is selling as we speak, person is putting down a deposit and from the sounds of it, is picking it up the 14th April...two days before we go.

Have got short term accommodation in Aus booked.
Putting all our paperwork together now, been to the bank today to chase up our financial references. Cancelled pretty much all of our life here.

Generally we are flitting from oooooooh, three weeks today and we are going, to gulp, OMG, what the hell are we doing. Can't really explain how I feel coherently...the tears of three weeks ago are gone, replaced with something much weirder. But anyhooooo, that's the way it goes.

Am actually now really looking forward to my leaving night out on Saturday, hopefully I won't be toooooo hungover on Sunday...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:50 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

I'll practise my " Blue Steel" ready for the camera
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:54 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
All the best with that...am keeping everything crossed for you.
[
QUOTE=tum;6114118]The new EA has just taken the new pics, luckily PFEW without snow! , he will be putting up the sign tomorrow or Friday, which is so quick I just was flabagasted, just like last time he was spot on with arriving, so that sounds promising too, let the buyers come....for all of our sakes !!!!

Keeping everything crossed...no snow...

When we had the surveyor/valuer booked, we asked the EA which one they were having, they said they couldn't tell us. Our carpet had been lifted in the lounge (hadn't put it back properly ) but as to anything else, I have nooooo idea.

Hi Gonnago, how are you doing?

:curse: . Twits, some people. We had the same with some of our viewers...all the details are there on RM, staring them in the face and still they turned up, ooooooooh, really wanted...Guess it was the EA trying to get numbers round but even so, it narked me right off (as you can prob remember on here!)

Everything crossed Icarus.

Hi Flyaway, how are you? What's going on with the corporate renting?
Beth, what's wrong with your bummy? Hope it clears up soon whatever it is. How are you doing?

How is everyone?

OK, update with us...well, things are getting there...the house prob won't complete before we go cause of the searches, apparently they are still going through. Went today to see solicitors today, they said we have a note on our file saying that we are off to Aus in three weeks. Will have to presign the paperwork before we go, fingers crossed it does all go through. (Touching wood constantly.)

Second car is selling as we speak, person is putting down a deposit and from the sounds of it, is picking it up the 14th April...two days before we go.

Putting all our paperwork together now, been to the bank today to chase up our financial references. Cancelled pretty much all of our life here.

Generally we are flitting from oooooooh, three weeks today and we are going, to gulp, OMG, what the hell are we doing. Can't really explain how I feel coherently...the tears of three weeks ago are gone, replaced with something much weirder. But anyhooooo, that's the way it goes.

Am actually now really looking forward to my leaving night out on Saturday, hopefully I won't be toooooo hungover on Sunday... [/QUOTE]

Hi SW ! , well sounds like things are falling in to place , house will come good in time so thats good news .

Wheres you leaving do at ? you having a party at venue ?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[Hi Flyaway, how are you? What's going on with the corporate renting?

How is everyone?

Am actually now really looking forward to my leaving night out on Saturday, hopefully I won't be toooooo hungover on Sunday...

WOW SW, sounds like you have been very busy - I thought you would have been! 3 weeks left - is that al!! Good news on the 2nd car.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better - if strange. I'm sure it's normal. Remember PP, she felt sick everyday for a month and she didn't have to sell a house or cars which is traumatic in itself.

Hope you have a great leaving do and will be able to make the Wales meet on Sunday. Do I need to bring some paracetamol and a bucket

No news on our renting - just booking some rental valuations and getting some BTL quotes at the moment. It is definately our second choice, so we are hoping that the new EA comes up trumps in the next few weeks. If not, we will set the wheels in motion....
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:22 pm
aka bunja

Hi SS, I'm over it now. Stoopid woman. I didn't like her anyway.

I am sooo envious of you. I wish I was doing all the things you're doing right now.

I understand where you coming from about feeling weird. Once you're out there and in your rental and start putting some roots down, you'll be fine.

I'll practise my " Blue Steel" ready for the camera
Yeah. Or "You talkin to me" kind of thing.

Right, I'm off to watch Batman (the 60's series) with the kids, then I'm putting them to bed, then the mammoth pile of washing up is calling my name, then I might be able to start thinking about my dinner.

Chicken stuffed with Boursin, wrapped in Parma Ham with sauteed potatoes and roasted tomatoes. YUM, YUM. It's my fave!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:36 pm
ANNE&amp;amp;JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Hi Everybody,
I'm still reading this thread avidly as though it is my personal addiction. Wishing everyone loads of luck for those who still haven't sold:curse:
Well we had the shippers in today and hopefully it will be on its way to Sydney. We complete on Friday, they wanted us to move out last week but we had to much to get organised. I can't believe how quick our FTB have been. They even went with our solicitiors to speed things up We are going to my sisters for a month and fly out 27th April. A survey was done on 2nd property today so fingers crossed that goes through as quick.
Love Anne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.