Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by dinky2
After sale goes through, we have to give 4 weeks notice at work then we will be off, it's looking like May now but don't want to get too excited yet
<whispers >
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Anne and Jay, that is fantastic, things are going really well then! Wish things were going that fast with ours!

Well, Fly Away, for the next three weeks....hmmmmm, it is just odds and sods until the shippers come on the 10th. The major cancelling has been done, it's just the tv licence and the meter readings that have to be done last minute. Reminds me, diverting mail with RM.

My CV needs updating, dusty and dirty things need cleaning (to be done next week when I'm off).

You will get there. I read somewhere on another thread someone saying how they have seriously considered not buying a property again because of all the hassle and I can understand that.

I think that was me!!

I am a very shy person, I do struggle, but get me some alcohol and I am a bit nutty. Got wrecked at the work Xmas do (in a non aggressive, comedy way I like to think ) and the quiet, reserved girl at work turned into...

..... A terrible dancer who fell over, got picked back up by a nice guy going past and then carried on as though nothing had happened.
A hugger.

I'm looking forward to meeting Beth!
I don't think you're VERY shy. My OH is VERY shy. You're medium shy. I am honestly a little bit shy, but force myself not to be. Can't wait to meet Beth, I wonder if she's quiet..... Nah!

PMSL at your drunken antics. They say your true personality comes out when you're drunk.

Good luck with all your bits and pieces - I'm sure they will all be done and dusted soon.

Fingers crossed for you too Dinky - hopefully you'll be able to give notice really soon!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:26 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Can't wait to meet Beth, I wonder if she's quiet..... Nah!
Beth'll be the one at the door, with the list & issuing name badges... colour-coded according to the visa you've applied for, of course

Wish we were coming, would love to meet you all, but the Kent folks are having a get-together just a few miles up the road from us & we've been looking forward to meeting NickieandKev
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Beth'll be the one at the door, with the list & issuing name badges... colour-coded according to the visa you've applied for, of course

Wish we were coming, would love to meet you all, but the Kent folks are having a get-together just a few miles up the road from us & we've been looking forward to meeting NickieandKev
LOL, I can see that happening.....

I'm sure your Kent meet up will be great fun too! It's sad that we don't ever get to meet everyone from BE. When you're in Mellie we're only an hour away by plane though...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think you're VERY shy. My OH is VERY shy. You're medium shy. I am honestly a little bit shy, but force myself not to be. Can't wait to meet Beth, I wonder if she's quiet..... Nah!

PMSL at your drunken antics. They say your true personality comes out when you're drunk. :

Good luck with all your bits and pieces - I'm sure they will all be done and dusted soon.:

Fingers crossed for you too Dinky - hopefully you'll be able to give notice really soon!
Whoops, didn't realize it was you Fly Away! Now, here is proof of me losing my marbles!!!

Medium shy...yeah I reckon so! That's why I love the meets, have chatted to people already online so the ice has been broken. True personality, lol!

My stepmum claims to be very shy, now you would never believe it, how she is, very very chatty, life and soul etc. She says it's a front and always has been.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JenniGee

It is a shame we don't all get to meet up, but wow, could you imagine a place filled with all of us from Expats?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Whoops, didn't realize it was you Fly Away! Now, here is proof of me losing my marbles!!!

Medium shy...yeah I reckon so! That's why I love the meets, have chatted to people already online so the ice has been broken. True personality, lol!

My stepmum claims to be very shy, now you would never believe it, how she is, very very chatty, life and soul etc. She says it's a front and always has been.
LOL, I changed my avatar... hiding from Sally Claire as I said the power of her uniform had gone to her head. So you didn't recognise me.

That's true about meets - you know stuff about people without them having to explain it all. Sometimes too much... I know Tyke has a 'special' shelf in his pool and if I ever meet him, I shall not be able to think of anything else....
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It is a shame we don't all get to meet up, but wow, could you imagine a place filled with all of us from Expats?
I think the word bedlam would cover it!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:02 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Well, actually, I am quiet an shy and retiring as is SW... Haven't met Beth yet.. EEK I suspect she isn't.
I don't believe that for one minute.

Originally Posted by dinky2
Well it's not looking good for us exchanging this week Buyer solicitors have requested a copy of ground rent bill and receipt, which I sent them, now they want the one before that and a letter stating that we will pay the next installment due in April. FFS it's only £17.50!! I'd happily give the buyer the cash! But oh no, we've had to get on to the council for an early bill, heaven knows how long that will take to arrive
It seems like every week they request something else, why can't they just ask for it all at the start?
Please let this be the last hurdle
You'll get there eventually Dinky. £17.50?!?! For goodness sake. :curse:

I am a very shy person, I do struggle, but get me some alcohol and I am a bit nutty. Got wrecked at the work Xmas do (in a non aggressive, comedy way I like to think and the quiet, reserved girl at work turned into...

..... A terrible dancer who fell over, got picked back up by a nice guy going past and then carried on as though nothing had happened.
A hugger.

I'm looking forward to meeting Beth!
I don't believe that either.

Would be right ol' laugh!

That's true about meets - you know stuff about people without them having to explain it all. Sometimes too much...
True, FA, so true. Life is much easier in the cyber world.

I think the word bedlam would cover it!
PMSL.

I too am a shy retiring type. Don't think my OH would agree with that.

Night, night everyone. Let's hope we all get woken up by the sound of phone's ringing.

Not me, I have the school run tomorrow. Kid's don't break up until the 4th.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:40 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

<pokes his shy head in the door & says

My house is clean & the newspaper photo girl will be here with in the hour
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:32 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, it's the sort of story they report in the Sun....

Well, actually, I am quiet an shy and retiring as is SW... Haven't met Beth yet.. EEK I suspect she isn't.
I am quiet......when my mouth is shut!!!!

PMSL at your drunken antics. They say your true personality comes out when you're drunk.

Good luck with all your bits and pieces - I'm sure they will all be done and dusted soon.

Can't wait to meet you lot too......should be a blast!!!!

Originally Posted by Icarus

Good Luck Ic...........hope she writes up a cracking review for you!!!
Beth x x
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
I don't believe that for one minute.

I am honestly.

True, FA, so true. Life is much easier in the cyber world.

I too am a shy retiring type. : Don't think my OH would agree with that.

LOL, we can tell how quiet you are!

Night, night everyone. Let's hope we all get woken up by the sound of phone's ringing. :

Not me, I have the school run tomorrow. Kid's don't break up until the 4th.
These holidays are mad - the whole country seems to have different times...

Fingers crossed your phone rings today.

Originally Posted by Icarus

PMSL - don't think you're shy Ic...

Good luck with the newspaper lady. Remember to hide the baby lotion. I'm sure you will be able to impress her.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
I am quiet......when my mouth is shut!!!! ::

PMSL - I suspected that.

Can't wait to meet you lot too......should be a blast!!!!::

I bet we all get shy. Then have a drink and all hell will be let loose.

Good Luck Ic...........hope she writes up a cracking review for you!!!
Beth x x

Morning all, hows your bum today Beth?

No news my end. Had to call the flat EA as my sign hadn't been moved to somewhere visible. He wasn't there - still on hols... GRRR I tell you dealing with 3 EAs at the same time is exhausting.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:47 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

These holidays are mad - the whole country seems to have different times...

Fingers crossed your phone rings today.

PMSL - don't think you're shy Ic...

Good luck with the newspaper lady. Remember to hide the baby lotion. I'm sure you will be able to impress her.

Morning all, hows your bum today Beth?

No news my end. Had to call the flat EA as my sign hadn't been moved to somewhere visible. He wasn't there - still on hols... GRRR I tell you dealing with 3 EAs at the same time is exhausting.
Feels like there's a huge bruise there......but I can't see it
Better than having another bun in the oven though
Lovely day here at the mo.....but rain coming in from the west later!!!
Beth x x
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Feels like there's a huge bruise there......but I can't see it
Better than having another bun in the oven though
Lovely day here at the mo.....but rain coming in from the west later!!!
Beth x x
Sounds sore! As you say, better than being pg if you don't want to be.

Lovely here too - hope the rain stays away for a while. We went into Cardiff yesterday - lovely and sunny - I was sweating in a light jacket, then on the way home it poured with rain and was cold all evening.. I think today will be the same.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Sounds sore! As you say, better than being pg if you don't want to be.

Lovely here too - hope the rain stays away for a while. We went into Cardiff yesterday - lovely and sunny - I was sweating in a light jacket, then on the way home it poured with rain and was cold all evening.. I think today will be the same.
Beth I hope your bum feels better soon!

Surrey is lovely and sunny but was pouring all night.

Well we have lowered by another £15k so lets hope that brings on a sale we will go back on with new price and pictures tomorrow. Bring it on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.