Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by mindblower
[ QUOTE]

Gutted aye, the Mrs has spent all morning preparing for viewing.

Bstrds lol
It is sooo frustrating especially when you spend hours cleaning, at least they let you know our last lot just never turned up. At least your house is really tidy now.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:39 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maisey
It is sooo frustrating especially when you spend hours cleaning, at least they let you know our last lot just never turned up. At least your house is really tidy now.
Feel like trashing it now -lol
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Don't do that just sit back and admire your hard work - if you have kids they'll do it for you - no problems.
We have our first viewingwith the price reduction - boy are they getting a bargain. fingers crossed for selling our houses.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[ QUOTE]

Gutted aye, the Mrs has spent all morning preparing for viewing.

Bstrds lol
Hiya Dave, I've not chatted to you on BE before, so nice to meet you.

I'm bloomin angry on your behalf though.:curse: Just because it is a buyers market doesn't mean they can treat us like dirt. I've had a few do this to me. Some don't even cancel.:curse:

Lets hope they re book it and fall in love with it at first sight.

Had a look at classifieds and saw all your houses on there - it is gorgeous I don't know what people want now. Lets hope something sells soon.

There is nothing wrong with anyone's houses - they are all lovely. Buyers want the earth! I bet, we could put stamp duty paid, removal costs paid, cars thrown in free and babysitting for a year and they'd STILL want more.:curse:

Lets hope it sells before it even gets into the paper. Fingers crossed.

Well it sounds like they have got started , heres hoping they have a great solicitor who gets on with it.

Don't do that - you might get another viewing and then you won't have to clean up again.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do that just sit back and admire your hard work - if you have kids they'll do it for you - no problems.
We have our first viewingwith the price reduction - boy are they getting a bargain. fingers crossed for selling our houses.
That was quick!! Well done Maisey. Fingers crossed for you When's the viewing?

I have just booked some rental valuations and found a gardener / handyman to look after our house if we leave it. It feels good just to be doing something.

Oh our new details came - lots of errors - now corrected and emailed to agent.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:11 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

It's so disappointing when people treat you like that....the only comfort is that one day they'll be trying to sell a house & then they'll get it back in spades

Good for you Fly, for keeping yourself busy looking at alternatives... it drives you mad just sitting around feeling helpless, doesn't it?

Just emailed OH a whole list of jobs he could potentially be interested in.... early days yet, but gotta dream

Good luck to all you sellers hoping for positive news - I've just looked at all your houses on the Classifieds, they're fantastic places & I'm sure they'll sell
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenniGee
It's so disappointing when people treat you like that....the only comfort is that one day they'll be trying to sell a house & then they'll get it back in spades

Good for you Fly, for keeping yourself busy looking at alternatives... it drives you mad just sitting around feeling helpless, doesn't it?

Just emailed OH a whole list of jobs he could potentially be interested in.... early days yet, but gotta dream

Good luck to all you sellers hoping for positive news - I've just looked at all your houses on the Classifieds, they're fantastic places & I'm sure they'll sell

Yes, can't just sit here moaning, have to be proactive. I bet you wouldn't be surprised to know, that once I have decided to do something, I don't let anything stand in my way.

We haven't really looked at jobs yet. Mainly because we know, there aren't many suitable jobs in Adelaide and OH is going to have to take anything that comes along to get his one year's work requirement. (We were going to buy a business but if we can't sell the house, then we can't....)

Let's hope these rude viewes get it all back when they sell. Hmmm
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Really fed up now.

got a phone call from agent at 4 o'clock (just got in from school run) to tell me we have a viewer at 5. mad rush of housework. 5 o'clock comes and goes. Viewer turns up at 5.40 (aarrgghh do they not have kids to feed cos I do!!) not even a sorry we are late:curse: Poke about in the loft then go. Wasn't interested in the rest of the house just the loft (the only place I hadn't cleaned).

And to top it all I have to smile

Rant over feel better now!

Tina x
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Really fed up now.

got a phone call from agent at 4 o'clock (just got in from school run) to tell me we have a viewer at 5. mad rush of housework. 5 o'clock comes and goes. Viewer turns up at 5.40 (aarrgghh do they not have kids to feed cos I do!!) not even a sorry we are late:curse: Poke about in the loft then go. Wasn't interested in the rest of the house just the loft (the only place I hadn't cleaned).

Tina x
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How rude! These people don't give a damn do they? I hope they loved the house and just wanted to check that they could do a loft conversion.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:11 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Really fed up now.

Tina x
gimps :curse:
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wardy2

I am a bag of nerves I keep waiting for the phone to ring telling me our buyers are pulling out, when I see EA's number come up on my phone I brace myself.

Its all these stories of doom and gloom they have really got to me.

Its been a week since the offer and what with the Easter break things are now starting to move they have instructed solicitors so hopefully we can move on quickly because my nerves cant stand it.

Good luck everyone hoping that you get some viewers for the weekend.
Kaye x
Yeah, I'm living on my nerves...would it be bad to call the solicitor tomorrow to pester even though we only spoke to them Wednesday? Sending vibes for you.

Todays arranged viewer just cancelled on us

Boo hoo

Dave
Sorry to hear that Dave, hope they rebook and the cancellation was due to a last minute problem their end.

Fingers crossed for you Maisey.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That was quick!! Well done Maisey. Fingers crossed for you http://bestsmileys.com/fingers/1.gif When's the viewing?

I have just booked some rental valuations and found a gardener / handyman to look after our house if we leave it. It feels good just to be doing something.

Oh our new details came - lots of errors - now corrected and emailed to agent.
Sounds like you've been busy sorting things!

Really fed up now.

got a phone call from agent at 4 o'clock (just got in from school run) to tell me we have a viewer at 5. mad rush of housework. 5 o'clock comes and goes. Viewer turns up at 5.40 (aarrgghh do they not have kids to feed cos I do!!) not even a sorry we are late Poke about in the loft then go. Wasn't interested in the rest of the house just the loft (the only place I hadn't cleaned:

Tina x:
Plonkers. :curse: Weirdos too, cause what is the big deal about the loft? Maybe they have dodgy goings on up in their loft now...what to continue when they move Sending you vibes.

Last day at work tomorrow.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sparky wife

Yeah, I'm living on my nerves...would it be bad to call the solicitor tomorrow to pester even though we only spoke to them Wednesday? Sending vibes for you.

It never gets any easier does it? You think you're through the worst and then something else stresses you out.

Plonkers. :curse: Weirdos too, cause what is the big deal about the loft? Maybe they have dodgy goings on up in their loft now...what to continue when they move Sending you vibes.

It is TOTALLY wierd!

WOOHOO!! Last day!! Hope it's a great day. Then you're free and can get on with everything.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
WOOHOO!! Last day!! Hope it's a great day. Then you're free and can get on with everything.
Thanks, I hope it goes ok too, expect I will blub a little though! There were cuddly snakes "trying" to be in concealed places at work today...after the second one I saw, I had to say something. I am dreading going in tomorrow...have a feeling that I may be wearing an inflatable kangeroo costume all day...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks, I hope it goes ok too, expect I will blub a little though! There were cuddly snakes "trying" to be in concealed places at work today...after the second one I saw, I had to say something. I am dreading going in tomorrow...have a feeling that I may be wearing an inflatable kangeroo costume all day...
Where do you work - I'm coming along with a camera!!!

I hope you have a great time - sounds like a good excuse for a party! I'm sure there will be emotional moments, but it will be a great day. Then on Saturday you will wake up a free woman. Sending you a big ((((hug))))) for bravery!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:25 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Todays arranged viewer just cancelled on us

Boo hoo

Dave
Hi Dave, it's so annoying when they do that. :curse: It hasn't happened to us yet, but we have had some late arrivals.

LOL. I feel like that sometimes too. I'm sure my kids do.

Really fed up now.

got a phone call from agent at 4 o'clock (just got in from school run) to tell me we have a viewer at 5. mad rush of housework. 5 o'clock comes and goes. Viewer turns up at 5.40 (aarrgghh do they not have kids to feed cos I do!!) not even a sorry we are late. Poke about in the loft then go. Wasn't interested in the rest of the house just the loft (the only place I hadn't cleaned).

Tina x
Nightmare. :curse: Wonder why they wanted to look in the loft. Some people eh.

Can't hurt to keep on their case. I say call them. Good luck with your last day.

PMSL. If you do make sure you post the piccies.

Why couldn't I have had a viewer today. The grass has been cut, the sun is out, the house looks great in the sun, everything looks really nice. Oh well. Someone will probably come when it's pissing it down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.