Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:16 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Yup - that's what it's like....

Fingers crossed for you - if you keep on top of it, you should get 5 weeks... Why do you need 5 weeks for interests sake? Have you got a deadline?
Have we got a deadline

Have to be there by may 16th

Just thought if we said 5/6 weeks it would give us a fighting chance to transfer money to Oz by the 16th may

Hereshopping I am yet to be convinced by HIPS but our solicitor has done it so does not have to go from EA to solicitor which apparently can cause massive delays.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Well done!!! I hope you feel OK today - the cold etc.

Note the time - just before 9am and I am up - even in the schoool holidays

(DD still asleep in bed!)

Good luck to everyone today. Hope our phones are red hot!:

I am going to clean my house as it is a mess - hope this doesn't mean I won't get any viewers as I usually work on the untidy house principle, but it really is looking grubby under the untidiness now, so has to be cleaned.
Still streaming with cold and have lovely hacking cough now, that is probably what woke me up.

I know I was very impressed with myself.

Thanks for the luck, certainly need it, still no viewings.

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
hello fellow house sellers x. Well we exchanged contracts last thursday, completeing next week packers are arriving friday Omg so much to do, i cross something off list and something else appears lol x

Thank goodness I am not the only one with a never ending list, we have been so busy and it just isn't getting smaller, CONGRATS on exchanging.

[QUOTE=Gonnago;6107916]
Well done!!! I hope you feel OK today - the cold etc.

Note the time - just before 9am and I am up - even in the schoool holidays.: get you! early riser. I had to get up and DRESSED today - as now I live the other end of town I dont share the school run (I used to do the afternoons only and not get dressed till lunch time Im not enjoying early starts...our kids dont break up until Friday, stoopid holidays
(DD still asleep in bed!)
My three all broke up on different days, not sure how they expect you to plan your holidays.

What strange holidays! Did your kids have the long weekend and then go back to school?? Mind you if they did, it's better than the 14 week summer term we have to look forward to - bloomin early Easter:

Lovely sunny day here - thinking of sitting out in the garden later... I always knew it was warmer here, but crikey, the last few days have proved it. We were on the beach in the sun yesterday...... Rains more here though...
14 weeks, I couldn't imagine having my children at home for 14 weeks, usually half way through the 6 week holidays I am threatening to get a job.

It is sunny here but very cold, I took the dog for a nice 2 mile walk earlier and really felt it.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
It isa really weird holiday - they have spring break now instead of easter - so they had fri and mon off last weekend for easter and then go back 4 days and then get 2 (?) weeks off for spring.

I thought the weather in Wales was worse than it is here We seem to get the hottest temps in Summer and the coldest in Winter (obviously not including N scotland.)
The Americans have spring break, strange holidays though.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
CONGRATULATIONS CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

I've just come back from the dentist.......my filling needed to be drilled down as I'd chipped it!!! :
Have to go to see the nurse in my doctors surgery in a bit to have my pill jab......hope Andrew doesn't slap my arse tonight or I'll hit the roof......physically.... Got my Bridget Jones knickers on especially.....PMSL
No phonecalls waiting for us from the EA........just read that house buyers are now are a record low!!!!!! and this economic crunch could last for years :
Beth x x
Glad filling is OK, I hate the dentist. Have fun at the Docs.

Originally Posted by Icarus
Well done you ! not school hols here tho , 2 weeks to go

Nice one Claire , good on you guys
I know very impressed with my little self.

Tracy
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:27 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Tracy
i am impressed ! my kids are at school , 2 weeks to go before they are off .

(note the time i was up? )
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereshoping
shame- i kinda thought that would be the case, but still a shame.

Sad I know, even worse, they take their fees and disembursements off before they give it to you too....

Well if you are completely chain free it should be much quicker than 12 weeks if you want it to be. And HIPs are apparently supposed to speed things up a bit (still not sure I believe that)

Hope you meet your target date.
Originally Posted by wardy2
Have we got a deadline :

Have to be there by may 16th

Just thought if we said 5/6 weeks it would give us a fighting chance to transfer money to Oz by the 16th may

Hereshopping I am yet to be convinced by HIPS but our solicitor has done it so does not have to go from EA to solicitor which apparently can cause massive delays.
LOl, just a small deadline then... So long as you have exchanged, it will be fine to ship your stuff and fly out - so that gives you a bit of extra time....

Not convinced about HIPs either....

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Still streaming with cold and have lovely hacking cough now, that is probably what woke me up.

Hope you feel better today, just what you need eh?

Thanks for the luck, certainly need it, still no viewings.

Bummer..

14 weeks, I couldn't imagine having my children at home for 14 weeks, usually half way through the 6 week holidays I am threatening to get a job.

LOL, no the term is 14 weeks... which I think is too long for little ones, they'll be exhausted by July, guaranteed to get the good weather during term time too.

Tracy
Hi again Tracy, are you just having a lttle rest? I should get back to my cleaning - done the living room and hall now and it does look a lot better. Got to make some phone calls too....

Cooling down here now, had to turn the heating on - so warm this morning I turned it off!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

i am impressed ! my kids are at school , 2 weeks to go before they are off .

(note the time i was up? )
LOL, but that's your job! BTW our post didn't arrive until 2pm, can you deliver our post too???
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:43 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, but that's your job! BTW our post didn't arrive until 2pm, can you deliver our post too???
i don't do mountains
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i don't do mountains
It's only a foothill.... No pavements though.. you wouldn't like it!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:47 am
Handsome Internet Guy

It's only a foothill.... No pavements though.. you wouldn't like it!
well how primative
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well how primative
LOL, back to that again...

It IS a village.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:49 am
Handsome Internet Guy

LOL, back to that again...

It IS a village.
I'll need my bestest Daps on
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll need my bestest Daps on
Whose coat is that jacket??
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:58 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Whose coat is that jacket??
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

LOl, just a small deadline then... So long as you have exchanged, it will be fine to ship your stuff and fly out - so that gives you a bit of extra time....

Not convinced about HIPs either....

Hi again Tracy, are you just having a lttle rest? I should get back to my cleaning - done the living room and hall now and it does look a lot better. Got to make some phone calls too....

Cooling down here now, had to turn the heating on - so warm this morning I turned it off!

Jason and Sam having hair cut, so while they are out am just catching up with the goings on Will have to get back to it before they get back so Jason thinks I have been working hard
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Just popped in and read the last 20 pages or so!!! My goodness can you lot write or what. I have been quietly watching the thread as we have no news as yet. 20 viewings and not one offer and the private buyer has had to cut her house price which means she cannot offer the asking price and willprobably come in £20k under her first offer now. Need to have serious chat with OH tonight but the EA has recommended we go down another £15K to attract the next set of buyers for a quick sale.
Congratulations to Hereshopping on the offer - nice to see a fellow July 07 applicant moving on.
Beth wise decision putting house back on market - these viewers often don't even bother gettingback. Soooo rude as you are left hanging.
Flyaway - glad to see you are stillhere and like your avatar smiling - we need our sense of humour girls.
Congratulations to Wardy too on your offer.
Hope I haven't forgotten anyone. You allhave me in hysterics but my brain is fuddled with this visa/house selling mallarkey and I can't keep up with you all. I just enjoy from afar.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Someone coming to look at my beautiful car tonight - yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One less thing to worry about but I will be as sorry to see that go as I was the cat.

We thought we had sold it to the garage who bought Jasons, when they saw it they said £9K, when Jason took it this week, only 2 weeks after they initially saw it they were only offering £8,300, the cheeky so and so's :curse: They know we are going to Australia, Jason let it slip so they will have assumed we were desperate. It is now on Ebay and hopefully may be sold tonight, fingers crossed !!!

Tracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.