Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by wardy2
morning everyone how are you.

Blimey there was a lot to catch up on and I only disappeared for a couple of days.

I am already stressed with this house selling lark the buyers have been checked over and are in a position to buy, but our EA has said they could go with a morgage they have offered them or stick with the one they have already got they still havent decided.

Earlies they can have a surveyor out is next week and at the end the EA agent says it needs to complete in 6, I want 5.

Clare can I ask how long did it take you to complete.

When you exchange how long til you get the money, its a long time since I bought a house and I cant remember is 5 weeks realistic, my solicitor seems to think so.

good luck with viewings this week guys I have everything crossed.

kaye x
Morning Kaye, we completed in 5 weeks once. BUT we already had our mortgage offer and our buyers had theirs and the place we were buying was chain free. Plus I rang the solicitor every day and nagged.... This house took 3 months as the solicitor of the people we were buying from was crap. So you just can't tell I'm afraid... As long as you have exchanged you can leave anyway as the sale is definate. When you exchange, you commit to a completion date. So you know when the money will be there! A lot depends on how fast your buyers mortgage co is - look at poor Gonnago they waited a long time due to mortgage complications... Sorry, I can't give you a better answer.

Originally Posted by somme
Not quite paradise, bl**dy biting insects can make your life miserable at times, cr*p wages but apart that not bad at all
I hate the insects too - will have to be on antihistamines for life I reckon... Although I think it is worse with you than in Adelaide. I got eaten alive in Cairns, which really put me off the place.

Hope you're feeling good today!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:10 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just come back from the dentist.......my filling needed to be drilled down as I'd chipped it!!!
Have to go to see the nurse in my doctors surgery in a bit to have my pill jab......hope Andrew doesn't slap my arse tonight or I'll hit the roof......physically....LOL Got my Bridget Jones knickers on especially.....PMSL
No phonecalls waiting for us from the EA........just read that house buyers are now are a record low!!!!!! and this economic crunch could last for years
Beth x x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
CONGRATULATIONS CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just come back from the dentist.......my filling needed to be drilled down as I'd chipped it!!!
Have to go to see the nurse in my doctors surgery in a bit to have my pill jab......hope Andrew doesn't slap my arse tonight or I'll hit the roof......physically....LOL Got my Bridget Jones knickers on especially.....PMSL
No phonecalls waiting for us from the EA........just read that house buyers are now are a record low!!!!!! and this economic crunch could last for years
Beth x x
PMSL Beth - tell him if he slaps your bum, you'll send him for the op!!!

No phonecalls for us either. I think I will definately get talking to rental agents and get an alternative plan set up. We will give it 2 years and then try again - you never know, we could hate Oz and want to come back anyway....

I have already sent an email to my FA asking for a list of good remortgage deals for BTL on this house. Might be able to get some of the equity out too....

Hope your tooth isn't too painful!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:29 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL Beth - tell him if he slaps your bum, you'll send him for the op!!!

No phonecalls for us either. I think I will definately get talking to rental agents and get an alternative plan set up. We will give it 2 years and then try again - you never know, we could hate Oz and want to come back anyway....

I have already sent an email to my FA asking for a list of good remortgage deals for BTL on this house. Might be able to get some of the equity out too....

Hope your tooth isn't too painful!!
Tooth is fine....doesn't hurt at all
I can't afford to rent our house out........so have to sell the bloody thing :curse:
Might book to have another mole cut out.......have had 6 taken out already as I'm worried they may go funny in the sun in Oz.......the stitches last time did my head in, so I cut them out myself!!!
4 more weeks and we've been on the market for a year :curse: beginning to think we'll never sell
Beth x x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Tooth is fine....doesn't hurt at all
I can't afford to rent our house out........so have to sell the bloody thing :curse:
Might book to have another mole cut out.......have had 6 taken out already as I'm worried they may go funny in the sun in Oz.......the stitches last time did my head in, so I cut them out myself!!!
4 more weeks and we've been on the market for a year :curse: beginning to think we'll never sell
Beth x x
OMG, you are a nutter - I'm paranoid about my moles, but haven't had them cut out... just put total sunblock on them... Did you know that the damage which causes skin cancer was probably done when you were a kid... Although it is sensible to take precautions now, there is not much you can do about damage done years ago - except protect your kids like mad!!! Also, there are more cases of skin cancer in the UK as we are idiots and roast on beaches in the med for 2 weeks a year... Makes me feel physically sick when I see little ones running around with no sun protection..... My poor DD wears a sun suit, suncream and a hat just in our garden!

We went on the market in May last year. Know that feeling too...

If we go without selling, we will be broke and can only last a certain length of time without an income, but the alternative is to give up the dream - we are 45 in a couple of years and our businesses don't count as businesses for the business visa.... (mad I know....) If we can sell the 2 rentals, we should have enough for 2 years...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

I hate the insects too - will have to be on antihistamines for life I reckon... Although I think it is worse with you than in Adelaide. I got eaten alive in Cairns, which really put me off the place.

Hope you're feeling good today![/QUOTE]

Talked to Tiggs this afternoon, she is ok but Graz keeps getting bit by the mozzies too

Cairns, the sandflies got me rally bad there so no it put me off too plus ross river from big mozzies up there.

Can't have everything.

Sorry to hear about the housing market
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:46 pm
Make it happen!!!!

OMG, you are a nutter - I'm paranoid about my moles, but haven't had them cut out... just put total sunblock on them... Did you know that the damage which causes skin cancer was probably done when you were a kid... Although it is sensible to take precautions now, there is not much you can do about damage done years ago - except protect your kids like mad!!! Also, there are more cases of skin cancer in the UK as we are idiots and roast on beaches in the med for 2 weeks a year... Makes me feel physically sick when I see little ones running around with no sun protection..... My poor DD wears a sun suit, suncream and a hat just in our garden!

We went on the market in May last year. Know that feeling too...

If we go without selling, we will be broke and can only last a certain length of time without an income, but the alternative is to give up the dream - we are 45 in a couple of years and our businesses don't count as businesses for the business visa.... (mad I know....) If we can sell the 2 rentals, we should have enough for 2 years...
Oh well......I have to go for a quick prick in the rear end now
Will decide about the mole thing later. Have to pick one of my girls up at 2pm as she was picked to attend one of those courses called teamwork building.
Going over a friend's house tonight without the kids to have a meal.....YAY!!!!! Hope my tooth doesn't play up and I can sit down .....LOL
Beth x x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:30 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Note the time, note the time, I am up before 10 and it is school hols - been awake since just after 6, planning todays schedule
Well done you ! not school hols here tho , 2 weeks to go

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
hello fellow house sellers x. Well we exchanged contracts last thursday, completeing next week packers are arriving friday . Omg so much to do, i cross something off list and something else appears lol x
Nice one Claire , good on you guys
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

morning everyone how are you.

Blimey there was a lot to catch up on and I only disappeared for a couple of days.

I am already stressed with this house selling lark the buyers have been checked over and are in a position to buy, but our EA has said they could go with a morgage they have offered them or stick with the one they have already got they still havent decided.

Earlies they can have a surveyor out is next week and at the end the EA agent says it needs to complete in 6, I want 5.

Clare can I ask how long did it take you to complete.

When you exchange how long til you get the money, its a long time since I bought a house and I cant remember is 5 weeks realistic, my solicitor seems to think so.

good luck with viewings this week guys I have everything crossed.

kaye x
5 weeks is optimistic- the average is 12 weeks aparently (though a lot of that is the delay for eveyone in the chain to be ready to complete)

when you exchange you get the 10% deposit which is non refundable

when you complete you get the balance.

Does anyone know if you have to use the 10% deposit to pay off the first part of your mortgage? We'd rather use it for moving costs and pay off mortgage with the balance.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hereshoping
5 weeks is optimistic- the average is 12 weeks aparently (though a lot of that is the delay for eveyone in the chain to be ready to complete)

Does anyone know if you have to use the 10% deposit to pay off the first part of your mortgage? We'd rather use it for moving costs and pay off mortgage with the balance.
Sorry - you don't get to have the 10% until completion. Your solicitor holds it in trust and they pay your mortgage off then pay the balance to you.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme

Talked to Tiggs this afternoon, she is ok but Graz keeps getting bit by the mozzies too

Cairns, the sandflies got me rally bad there so no it put me off too plus ross river from big mozzies up there.

Can't have everything.

Sorry to hear about the housing market

I didn't get bitten in Adelaide at all but I did get bitten in North NSW last Easter. Hopefully they are a different type of mozzies in Adelaide...

I will be taking vit B and antihistamines for a week before I arrive though. I was bitten by sand flies in Cairns too - still got the scars....

Housing market is a bummer....
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:02 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:48 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereshoping

Thanks for that, luckily we are not in a chain they are FTB's.

Have spoke to our solicitors who think in the circumstances 5 weeks is about right depending on if their solicitors do their job.

I know mine will do as hes a friend of mine so is pushing.

The couple who bought the house know that we took the offer they made on the basis of a quick turnaround and they want to be in as much as we want to be out (don't think so on that one)

HIPS is all done and as soon as my solicitors get the fax re their solicitors they are going to do the contracts.

So hopefully it wont take 12 weeks please god no.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Icarus
Yup - that's what it's like....

Have spoke to our solicitors who think in the circumstances 5 weeks is about right depending on if their solicitors do their job.

The couple who bought the house know that we took the offer they made on the basis of a quick turnaround and they want to be in as much as we want to be out (don't think so on that one)

HIPS is all done and as soon as my solicitors get the fax re their solicitors they are going to do the contracts.

Fingers crossed for you - if you keep on top of it, you should get 5 weeks... Why do you need 5 weeks for interests sake? Have you got a deadline?

Last edited by Fly Away; Mar 25th 2008 at 2:13 am.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Sorry - you don't get to have the 10% until completion. Your solicitor holds it in trust and they pay your mortgage off then pay the balance to you.
shame- i kinda thought that would be the case, but still a shame.

Well if you are completely chain free it should be much quicker than 12 weeks if you want it to be. And HIPs are apparently supposed to speed things up a bit (still not sure I believe that)

Hope you meet your target date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.