Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by nickywes
Me! What shall I dress in, I have a nice supergirl outfit will that do?

No really, we get the plans out too but normally put them on dining table. Might spread them on the bed for the hunky viewer.
Now, there's a good idea. Trouble is, he might think you are part of the deal.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
WOW SW, sounds like you have been very busy - I thought you would have been! 3 weeks left - is that al!!:Good news on the 2nd car

Glad to hear that you are feeling better - if strange. I'm sure it's normal. Remember PP, she felt sick everyday for a month and she didn't have to sell a house or cars which is traumatic in itself.

Hope you have a great leaving do and will be able to make the Wales meet on Sunday. Do I need to bring some paracetamol and a bucket::

No news on our renting - just booking some rental valuations and getting some BTL quotes at the moment. It is definately our second choice, so we are hoping that the new EA comes up trumps in the next few weeks. If not, we will set the wheels in motion....::
Hi Fly Away,

Ahem, a bucket...what me??!! I hope not, I will try and be good and line my tum well!! I will be at the meet, am really looking forward to it.

OH has been panicing the last week, he has no idea why...think it is hitting him now.

Now you know what happens when you make back up plans... your original plans have to come back into play. Right now, I am sending soooooooooooo many vibes your way for your plan b to get pushed aside, just to tip you over the edge and plan a to happen!!! Seriously, it would be the way of things and I am sending vibes for that to happen, the house to sell and go through smoothly.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hi SS, I'm over it now. Stoopid woman. I didn't like her anyway.

Too right, you do get a feel with people. Your house looks lovely. Are some people incapable of reading the spec and looking at pics??!! Sending lots of house selling vibes.

I am sooo envious of you. I wish I was doing all the things you're doing right now.

I understand where you coming from about feeling weird. Once you're out there and in your rental and start putting some roots down, you'll be fine.
Am sure it will pass soon enough.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:05 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Now, there's a good idea. Trouble is, he might think you are part of the deal.
Now that is tempting. Want to go to Oz though not stay here. Wifey might not like it either.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:09 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ANNE&JAY
Hi Everybody,
I'm still reading this thread avidly as though it is my personal addiction. Wishing everyone loads of luck for those who still haven't sold:curse:
Well we had the shippers in today and hopefully it will be on its way to Sydney. We complete on Friday, they wanted us to move out last week but we had to much to get organised. I can't believe how quick our FTB have been. They even went with our solicitiors to speed things up We are going to my sisters for a month and fly out 27th April. A survey was done on 2nd property today so fingers crossed that goes through as quick.
Love Anne
Wow, Things have really gone fast for you. Good luck with everything and hope the move goes smoothly.

Hi all
Hi.

Sorry posted before I wrote anything, had a busy day today. Not much to report here but good luck to everyone with new viewings etc.
Our viewer who wanted to come back for 2nd viewing are coming back next Wednesday, our EA only seems to be able to book things a week in advance. Maybe he thinks that I need that time to clean the house!! You never know, but he has already said that garden is a bit small (that one again).

Wish we were in SW position and just getting ready to move. Saying that went out shopping with daughter who is going in 3 weeks to get some more shorts etc. and it suddenly hit her that she is actually going for ever and ever, I think it will hit more once the house is sold. Oh god what are we doing.

Nicky xx
Nicky, you are making a better life for yourself. You will enjoy the outdoor life and lots of sunshine, and barbies, and beer.

Seriously though, a wobble is fine, just ask Beth.

Originally Posted by Icarus
drink one & wear the other
Which one?

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Hi Fly Away,

Ahem, a bucket...what me??!! I hope not, I will try and be good and line my tum well!! I will be at the meet, am really looking forward to it.

OH has been panicing the last week, he has no idea why...think it is hitting him now.

Now you know what happens when you make back up plans... your original plans have to come back into play. Right now, I am sending soooooooooooo many vibes your way for your plan b to get pushed aside, just to tip you over the edge and plan a to happen!!! Seriously, it would be the way of things and I am sending vibes for that to happen, the house to sell and go through smoothly.

I wish I was meeting you lot. I reckon you lot would be a right laugh! Have fun at the meet.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fly Away,

I'll leave the bucket in the car then shall I??

At least you aren't panicking together, you know what he is going through and can reassure him too.

Thanks SW. I'm hoping that by making other plans, things will sort them selves out. I am NOT allowing a stupid house stop me from going to Oz!

What have you got planned for the next 3 weeks SW? Is everything in hand, or are there still lots of things to deal with?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now that is tempting. Want to go to Oz though not stay here. Wifey might not like it either.
LOL, it's the sort of story they report in the Sun....

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

Seriously though, a wobble is fine, just ask Beth.

She'll never live it down will she???

Which one?

I wish I was meeting you lot. I reckon you lot would be a right laugh! Have fun at the meet.
Well, actually, I am quiet an shy and retiring as is SW... Haven't met Beth yet.. EEK I suspect she isn't.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:35 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

LOL, it's the sort of story they report in the Sun....

Well, actually, I am quiet an shy and retiring as is SW... Haven't met Beth yet.. EEK I suspect she isn't.
shy and retiring mmmmmmmm
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shy and retiring mmmmmmmm
I am honest!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Well it's not looking good for us exchanging this week Buyer solicitors have requested a copy of ground rent bill and receipt, which I sent them, now they want the one before that and a letter stating that we will pay the next installment due in April. FFS it's only £17.50!!:curse: I'd happily give the buyer the cash! But oh no, we've had to get on to the council for an early bill, heaven knows how long that will take to arrive
It seems like every week they request something else, why can't they just ask for it all at the start?!
Please let this be the last hurdle
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dinky2
Well it's not looking good for us exchanging this week Buyer solicitors have requested a copy of ground rent bill and receipt, which I sent them, now they want the one before that and a letter stating that we will pay the next installment due in April. FFS it's only £17.50!!:curse: I'd happily give the buyer the cash! But oh no, we've had to get on to the council for an early bill, heaven knows how long that will take to arrive
It seems like every week they request something else, why can't they just ask for it all at the start?!
Please let this be the last hurdle
What a pain. Can't your solicitor find a way round this? Sounds really stupid... £17.50!!!:curse:

Fingers crossed that you exchange soon.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

What a pain. Can't your solicitor find a way round this? Sounds really stupid... £17.50!!!:curse:

Fingers crossed that you exchange soon.
Thanks I know it is ridiculous, drove me to starbucks at lunchtime for de-stressing coffee and cake, there goes the diet again! They have assured us that this is all we are waiting for now, so fingers crossed (again)
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Anne and Jay, that is fantastic, things are going really well then! Wish things were going that fast with ours!

Well, Fly Away, for the next three weeks....hmmmmm, it is just odds and sods until the shippers come on the 10th. The major cancelling has been done, it's just the tv licence and the meter readings that have to be done last minute. Reminds me, diverting mail with RM.

My CV needs updating, dusty and dirty things need cleaning (to be done next week when I'm off).

You will get there. I read somewhere on another thread someone saying how they have seriously considered not buying a property again because of all the hassle and I can understand that.

I am a very shy person, I do struggle, but get me some alcohol and I am a bit nutty. Got wrecked at the work Xmas do (in a non aggressive, comedy way I like to think ) and the quiet, reserved girl at work turned into...

..... A terrible dancer who fell over, got picked back up by a nice guy going past and then carried on as though nothing had happened.
A hugger.

I'm looking forward to meeting Beth!

Sending you and your daughter hugs Nicky, it's hard when it it hits home. Sending lots of house selling vibes, a second viewing is good. Oh god, what are we doing, is a popular one in this house too.

Oh Dinky, what a pain in the %$^&, will be keeping it all crossed here that it isn't much longer for you. Like you said, I'd want to give the £17.50 to the buyers!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Oh Dinky, what a pain in the %$^&, will be keeping it all crossed here that it isn't much longer for you. Like you said, I'd want to give the £17.50 to the buyers!
Thanks SW

Wow you are going in 3 weeks, how exciting Am so jealous, wishing you loads of luck!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dinky2
Thanks SW

Wow you are going in 3 weeks, how exciting Am so jealous, wishing you loads of luck!
Thanks Dinky, yeah, time has flown! When are you off?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Dinky, yeah, time has flown! When are you off?
After sale goes through, we have to give 4 weeks notice at work then we will be off, it's looking like May now but don't want to get too excited yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.